So. I had a presentation about Abortion at school.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2013, 02:00 PM
RE: So. I had a presentation about Abortion at school.
(09-11-2013 01:58 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 01:38 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  [Image: Abortion-Moral-Decline-300x225.jpg]

Suspiciously shaped tumor. Consider
With all due respect, a thinking person ought to know that an appeal to emotion such as this one has no place in rational discourse.

"If you want the world to be a better place, look at yourself and make the change.... "

SO instead of blind conformity with your compatriots (which I'm not accusing you specifically of), think yourself and reconsider everything, down to the most basic. That is the only way things get better.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2013, 02:04 PM
(09-11-2013 01:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, it's a random photograph. Try actually thinking, because you are failing at it.

Well I'm using my frontal lobe in conjunction with my hippocampus... I don't know why you accuse me of non-thinking.
09-11-2013, 02:05 PM
(09-11-2013 02:00 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 01:58 PM)Vosur Wrote:  With all due respect, a thinking person ought to know that an appeal to emotion such as this one has no place in rational discourse.

"If you want the world to be a better place, look at yourself and make the change.... "

SO instead of blind conformity with your compatriots (which I'm not accusing you specifically of), think yourself and reconsider everything, down to the most basic. That is the only way things get better.

You are the one blindly parroting the same tired line over and over without engaging in any thinking about the issue.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2013, 02:08 PM
(09-11-2013 02:05 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are the one blindly parroting the same tired line over and over without engaging in any thinking about the issue.

Do you honestly think I'm this big of a douche about an issue without thinking a lot about it?
09-11-2013, 02:11 PM
(09-11-2013 02:00 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  "If you want the world to be a better place, look at yourself and make the change.... "

Would you care to explain how this constitutes a response to what I said?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
09-11-2013, 02:18 PM
(09-11-2013 02:11 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 02:00 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  "If you want the world to be a better place, look at yourself and make the change.... "

Would you care to explain how this constitutes a response to what I said?

(Thank you for being so polite! Smile )

Anyway, I meant that people are talking a lot about thinking, and rationality, and all that. But as I've said, there is more to truth than fact. So, let's reconsider how we are faithful to fact, and we can discover the truth that comprises the facts. It is a fact that the baby has no brain. It is truth that the baby is alive. Bowing

Was that not good?
09-11-2013, 02:22 PM
(09-11-2013 02:18 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 02:11 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Would you care to explain how this constitutes a response to what I said?

(Thank you for being so polite! Smile )

Anyway, I meant that people are talking a lot about thinking, and rationality, and all that. But as I've said, there is more to truth than fact. So, let's reconsider how we are faithful to fact, and we can discover the truth that comprises the facts. It is a fact that the baby has no brain. It is truth that the baby is alive. Bowing

Was that not good?

Not good enough. Your use of the word 'baby' is an appeal to emotion and it assumes what you are asserting.

You are asserting that a mindless, nerveless mass of cells is a baby, and using the term baby to support the assertion.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-11-2013, 02:27 PM
(09-11-2013 02:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  mindless, nerveless mass of cells is (not) a baby

Hmm, mass of cells is again suspiciously shaped.

[Image: 8-week-aborted-fetus.jpg]
09-11-2013, 02:28 PM
(09-11-2013 02:27 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(09-11-2013 02:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  mindless, nerveless mass of cells is (not) a baby

Hmm, mass of cells is again suspiciously shaped.

[Image: 8-week-aborted-fetus.jpg]

But you are missing, or dodging, the argument.

09-11-2013, 02:30 PM
(09-11-2013 02:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  But you are missing, or dodging, the argument.

And you sir are missing your vision. Look at the illustrations I have provided you and tell me it's not a human.