So. I had a presentation about Abortion at school.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2013, 09:29 AM
RE: So. I had a presentation about Abortion at school.
(26-10-2013 09:28 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(26-10-2013 09:19 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Ditto to you.

That is not an argument. I have presented logical arguments. You haven't.

So what do you think of turning off life support when someone is brain dead? We must keep the tissue alive - forever? We could, you know.

Than we should. All life is sacred.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2013, 09:31 AM
(26-10-2013 09:29 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(26-10-2013 09:28 AM)Dom Wrote:  That is not an argument. I have presented logical arguments. You haven't.

So what do you think of turning off life support when someone is brain dead? We must keep the tissue alive - forever? We could, you know.

Well, I guess that would cure unemployment. We could establish body farms where everyone who died is kept "alive" by machines and employ thousands of folks to maintain the machines and to wash and change the dead people...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-10-2013, 09:32 AM
(26-10-2013 09:28 AM)Dom Wrote:  That is not an argument. I have presented logical arguments. You haven't.

So, you're a vegan? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-10-2013, 09:37 AM
(26-10-2013 09:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-10-2013 09:29 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Than we should. All life is sacred.

So, you're a vegan? Consider

No, no, no, Chas. You've got it wrong.

All life is equally sacred -

- but some life is more equal.

Drinking Beverage

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
26-10-2013, 10:07 AM

This has to be the all time worst argument ever. Did you even bother to reread what you wrote here? It's obvious you have given no thought whatsoever to it. So Women should be forced to go through a painful and dangerous period just because you want a warm fuzzy feeling? No, on every level just no. You have no points to make you haven't even defined "Life" "Sacred" or taken a second to figure out the ramifications of you stance.

[Image: 1005354_604199862975088_386543673_n.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
26-10-2013, 11:42 AM
(26-10-2013 09:29 AM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Than we should. All life is sacred.

Why is life sacred?

Any arguments to back up your claim?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
30-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Ha! I screwed up by not reading closely enough. We shouldn't keep people alive artificially, and no euthanasia. [/code]
30-10-2013, 03:16 PM
(30-10-2013 03:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Ha! I screwed up by not reading closely enough. We shouldn't keep people alive artificially, and no euthanasia. [/code]

But, but, only their brain is dead, like a fetus. The tissue is alive, like a fetus.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-10-2013, 03:47 PM
(30-10-2013 03:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 03:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Ha! I screwed up by not reading closely enough. We shouldn't keep people alive artificially, and no euthanasia. [/code]

But, but, only their brain is dead, like a fetus. The tissue is alive, like a fetus.

They both still suffer pain. In the case of the terminally ill dude, let him die he's had his chance. In the case of the fetus, it's a completely innocent dude and has to be given chances at life.
30-10-2013, 03:56 PM
(30-10-2013 03:47 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 03:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  But, but, only their brain is dead, like a fetus. The tissue is alive, like a fetus.

They both still suffer pain. In the case of the terminally ill dude, let him die he's had his chance. In the case of the fetus, it's a completely innocent dude and has to be given chances at life.

Actually neither does. Fetuses do not gain the pain response until the third trimester and brain dead people lose the pain response. If that is where you decide personhood then we are in agreement.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense