So. I had a presentation about Abortion at school.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2013, 06:02 PM
RE: So. I had a presentation about Abortion at school.
(30-10-2013 05:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 05:56 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  HA! Finally you're wrong about something and I'm smart enough to prove it! Banana_zorro

That last post was not about the legality of abortion but of the hypocrisy of George Carlin and the like!

I suggest you fact check things.

George Carlin is not a foolish, old man.

George Carlin is dead.

Yeah he's dead.... and???
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2013, 06:04 PM
(30-10-2013 05:56 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 05:50 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You have obviously given no real thought to this position and operate solely off of emotion. If you want to know the facts about abortion I and several others will have that discussion but don't expect "Abortion should be illegal cause god" to hold any weight whatsoever.

HA! Finally you're wrong about something and I'm smart enough to prove it! Banana_zorro

That last post was not about the legality of abortion but of the hypocrisy of George Carlin and the like!

Funny how you think he a hypocrite based on an assumption that is now unproveable. As to what he would say of your position he would say it's sanctimonious, ignorant and short-sighted. I also notice you failed to respond to my first post to you in this thread.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-10-2013, 06:06 PM
(30-10-2013 06:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 05:56 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  HA! Finally you're wrong about something and I'm smart enough to prove it! Banana_zorro

Funny how you think he a hypocrite based on an assumption that is now unproveable. As to what he would say of your position he would say it's sanctimonious, ignorant and short-sighted. I also notice you failed to respond to my first post to you in this thread.

I have no response to the first idea in your thread, but as to the second:

The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:If any question slips through the cracks, let me know Thumbsup
30-10-2013, 06:10 PM
(30-10-2013 06:06 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 06:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Funny how you think he a hypocrite based on an assumption that is now unproveable. As to what he would say of your position he would say it's sanctimonious, ignorant and short-sighted. I also notice you failed to respond to my first post to you in this thread.

I have no response to the first idea in your thread, but as to the second:

The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:If any question slips through the cracks, let me know Thumbsup

So, do you now understand that neither the fetus nor the brain dead experience pain?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-10-2013, 06:11 PM
(30-10-2013 06:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 06:06 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  I have no response to the first idea in your thread, but as to the second:

So, do you now understand that neither the fetus nor the brain dead experience pain?

Nope.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fetal_distress
30-10-2013, 06:12 PM
This is making me sick just having to actually debate the truth of it.
30-10-2013, 06:15 PM
(30-10-2013 06:11 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 06:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  So, do you now understand that neither the fetus nor the brain dead experience pain?

Nope.

I see nowhere in this link any indication that this can occur prior to brain development, or that it can occur as a result of early term abortion.. If that is the point you are trying to make anyway
30-10-2013, 06:16 PM
(30-10-2013 06:11 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(30-10-2013 06:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  So, do you now understand that neither the fetus nor the brain dead experience pain?

Nope.

Did you even look at that wiki page?

Quote:In medicine (obstetrics), the term fetal distress refers to the presence of signs in a pregnant woman[1]—before or during childbirth—that suggest that the fetus may not be well. Because of its lack of precision, the term is eschewed in modern American obstetrics.[2]

It has absolutely nothing to do with the issue raised.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-10-2013, 06:17 PM
*gives up*
30-10-2013, 06:24 PM
(30-10-2013 06:12 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  This is making me sick just having to actually debate the truth of it.

Ok, I am going to explain this to you.

You have a central nervous system that transmits to the brain when something happens to your body. And if it's a bad thing, the brain registers pain.

This is to serve as a warning signal to you, so you can take measures to prevent harm.

Now, when a person is brain dead, they do not register pain. When some one is pronounced dead, it is because the brain has shut down completely.

Now, a fetus has no central nervous system, and it has no brain. It feels no pain.

Neither the fetus nor the brain dead person have a consciousness.

They are simply tissue.

We can keep the tissue of the dead person alive, as is done on occasion when a woman dies and she has a fetus in her that is too young to be alive without her. So they put her on machines and let the fetus grow and feed off her. But she is dead, she has no brain function and no consciousness.

In the stages before brain and central nervous system development the fetus is not viable under any circumstances, it is not a person, it has no consciousness and it is as dead as the mother. But, since we are keeping the mother's tissue alive, the fetal tissue can feed off her and develop.

And that is the reality. And you can't make a decision that affects millions without at least learning about the reality.

That would be the most unfair thing ever.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post