So. I had a presentation about Abortion at school.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2013, 07:04 PM
RE: So. I had a presentation about Abortion at school.
(11-11-2013 06:25 PM)Question Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 05:28 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  OH NO SORRY!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

(I'm bisexual/gay, so I have a licence.)

Anyway, sorry if I offended you, just couldn't get past the rudeness and misslogic of your post. Thumbsup

Actually just being gay doesn't really justify using slurs, but that may be my opinion. It's actually sorta surprising and peculiar now that you've told us you are gay, seeing as you are promoting the use of homophobic slurs to help use the general idea of a homosexual as a synonym for a lower class of people that can easily be dismissed based on their personal preferences.

'fag' is a slur to me, 'faggot' is equivalent to 'retard' or the like.

Sorry for not being sensitive.

(Also I'm Bisexual, but I'm starting to become more and more homo, but that's for a planned thread)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2013, 07:07 PM
(11-11-2013 07:04 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  (Also I'm Bisexual, but I'm starting to become more and more homo, but that's for a planned thread)

[Image: KHQfR.gif]

and

[Image: pC6RI.gif]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
11-11-2013, 09:13 PM
(11-11-2013 07:04 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  
(11-11-2013 06:25 PM)Question Wrote:  Actually just being gay doesn't really justify using slurs, but that may be my opinion. It's actually sorta surprising and peculiar now that you've told us you are gay, seeing as you are promoting the use of homophobic slurs to help use the general idea of a homosexual as a synonym for a lower class of people that can easily be dismissed based on their personal preferences.

'fag' is a slur to me, 'faggot' is equivalent to 'retard' or the like.

Sorry for not being sensitive.

(Also I'm Bisexual, but I'm starting to become more and more homo, but that's for a planned thread)
Well guess where fag comes from. (Faggot, if ya didn't know) And retard actually falls in the same boat, it's using mental illness as a insult. Still not very good comparisons you're making, it's actually coming off more assholeish, even though I know that's not your intention.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
26-11-2013, 03:28 PM
(21-04-2013 01:39 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Ever had one of those days where you feel like a fucking piece of shit? Where you feel like you are a monster for thinking what you think and doing what you do, even if they are based on good, logical arguments?

No? Well you are lucky, because I did.

On Friday, the school hosted a person who was speaking out against abortion. She is a lawyer, and is in favor of the "no compromise, no exceptions" side of Pro-life. If you aren't familiar with the slogan, or just can't see the obvious, it means that abortion should be COMPLETELY outlawed. No rape victims getting it, nor people who would die if they didn't get it.

Now, her talk was basically her sharing her life story, and how it ties into abortion and how her mother was raped, and she was born. She then started to make appeals to emotions, and then she tried to guilt trip me (but it wasn't directly me, more or less pro-choicers) into buying the argument that if I was pro-choice, then I think she SHOULD have died.

Basically, I was picking out the logical flaws in her arguments left and right, and coming up with rebuttals and counter arguments. However, every time I dismantled her claims, assertions and illogical appeals to emotions, I felt this odd feeling in myself.

I felt as if what I was doing was devaluing her life.

Basically, I felt that I was the monster in the room. The one who said that her life worthless.

I was doing, and feeling this way during the whole time, and when the Q/A session came up, I was ready to being the first volley of my comments and questions, which included the mention of "What about if the birth of the Baby compromises the mother's, and its own safety? Is the death of two, according to you,humans worth NOT getting an abortion? What about if the baby is certain to get an illness that will be worse than death, or will kill it in a way that the pain is indescribable? Would an abortion be the better option, or would the needless suffering of the kid, and consequently the mother be the better option?"

But, I couldn't do it. I couldn't oppose her. I felt ashamed that I would oppose her, even though I believe sincerely that abortions should be legalized, not only for the right to a woman's body, but to save the future needless deaths that will arise from Back-ally abortions.

I mean, Christ. When did they get so good at putting people like me to shame?

And what does this mean for the people who already are pro-life? This will surely only bolster that whole "Holier than thou" mentality they already have.

Anybody else experience it?

Luckily I never had to face anything quite this severe. Probably the worst thing I did that may have made me come off like a bad person in school was in a speech class way back in my senior year. I was giving a speech about Charles Mansion and accidentally laughed during it. It suddenly struck me that stabbing someone 54 times was just overkill.

You know what? My story isn't remotely relate-able. Sorry about that.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Abortion Seasbury 35 1,734 24-08-2012 11:33 PM
Last Post: BryanS
  Abortion propaganda in the classroom Dillon 12 1,170 10-05-2012 03:16 PM
Last Post: germanyt
  Paternal Rights Regarding Abortion mysticjbyrd 42 1,918 05-05-2012 04:52 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Abortion, The Facts and False Hoods? Luke_Atheist 20 1,629 13-02-2012 10:27 PM
Last Post: Luke_Atheist
  Felony Abortion Law Sent To Final Vote GassyKitten 0 303 19-05-2011 07:50 AM
Last Post: GassyKitten