So I have a friend who thinks this

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2017, 09:38 PM
RE: So I have a friend who thinks this
I would like to seem some secular articles that disproves my links.

I thing people here need to be more positive about life here because everything I see here is just negative and drags me back into depression.

I thought TTA forums would be more informative.

The reason why I say this is because I get really bad anxiety by thinking of stuff and everywhere else I google tells me we are.

I literally googled.

"when are we going to cure aging"

"How close are we to immortality"

And alterations of those sentences.

I am sure you guys mean well but I am going to stop visiting forums again because they are almost always downers.

Call me closed minded but I know positive thinking also helps you live a bit longer.

Also thinks for answering my questions from the beginning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2017, 10:19 PM
I would like to "seem to thing" that people can google shit for themselves.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Hello! Big Grin

(09-01-2017 09:38 PM)Afteel-Nifty Wrote:  I would like to seem some secular articles that disproves my links.

Well.. the problem is that your links aren't really 'science' per say. They're more like personal pages of "We'd like this to happen..."

(09-01-2017 09:38 PM)Afteel-Nifty Wrote:  I thing people here need to be more positive about life here because everything I see here is just negative and drags me back into depression.

Sorry to hear that. Getting feelings across the written word is hard.

Hug

(09-01-2017 09:38 PM)Afteel-Nifty Wrote:  I thought TTA forums would be more informative.

There are lots of folks who all know lots of things about different stuff.

The problem is the different time zones, their life/work schedule and even if they happen to note your thread.

Random chance plays a big bit of the luck as to who replies to what and whom.

Thumbsup

(09-01-2017 09:38 PM)Afteel-Nifty Wrote:  The reason why I say this is because I get really bad anxiety by thinking of stuff and everywhere else I google tells me we are.

Hug again

(09-01-2017 09:38 PM)Afteel-Nifty Wrote:  I am sure you guys mean well but I am going to stop visiting forums again because they are almost always downers.

Call me closed minded but I know positive thinking also helps you live a bit longer.

Also thinks for answering my questions from the beginning.

The things is... your question is actually amazingly broad/huge/deep/etc.

So, to try and put my thoughts into type.

"Aging" is something that happens to all life (Also, entropy happens to everything, but lets stay with 'Life')

Now, we've been looking at biology for a very long time.

It's only since 1947 that we've even understood the very basic, tiny bits of chemicals that go into 'like' (DNA)

Now, lets look at another aspect of technology. "Flight"

We figured out heavier than air flight (Not just going up and down, but moving in a controlled manner) for a teeny bit over one hundred years.

We've known the really important, basic thing about "Life" (DNA) for about half that.

So, to parse/phrase things and draw y examples together. With "Flight" in one hundred years we've gone to the Moon.

Our understanding of "Life" is at about the same place as when we were flying 'Spitfire' propeller driven aircraft.

Does my example/analogy make sense?

So, indeed, we might nail the aspect of 'Life' that is aging really soon... Or... it might be another fifty odd years of many more incremental steps before we land on the equivalent sphere.

Big Grin

Hope that helps. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
10-01-2017, 01:05 AM
(09-01-2017 09:38 PM)Afteel-Nifty Wrote:  I would like to seem some secular articles that disproves my links.

Then look for them.

Quote:I thing people here need to be more positive about life here because everything I see here is just negative and drags me back into depression.

You're free to think so, I however disagree with your assessment. You're disappointed? That's tough.

Quote:I thought TTA forums would be more informative.

Then you thought wrong.

Quote:The reason why I say this is because I get really bad anxiety by thinking of stuff and everywhere else I google tells me we are.

Then don't think about stuff. Problem solved.

Quote:I literally googled.

"when are we going to cure aging"

"How close are we to immortality"

And alterations of those sentences.

And? People google for many things, you're not special.

Quote:I am sure you guys mean well but I am going to stop visiting forums again because they are almost always downers.

I don't remember you bringing something great to the table so goodbye.

Quote:Call me closed minded but I know positive thinking also helps you live a bit longer.

You know or you hope that is the case?

Quote:Also thinks for answering my questions from the beginning.

Don't see need for it.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.