So I just caught a mosquito with my hand...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2013, 01:52 PM
So I just caught a mosquito with my hand...
...and now have half digested blood smeared all over it. It was a very fat mosquito.

Ain't that some introduction.

Well, I come from a pretty catholic family in a pretty catholic country. The funny thing is, my mom who was the most religion-inclined person in our household, was the first one to tell me that the old testament is bollocks and I shouldn't believe a word of it. According to her, the only important things in the bible are Jesus' teachings. So I kinda had a headstart when I begun to have doubts regarding the church's teachings.

I didn't become a full fledged atheist until I started watching videos and reading about idiots arguing against evolution. That doesn't happen here in Argentina. We are taught evolution in school and everyone just kinda takes it for granted (I'm guessing it has to do with the majority of the population being catholic). Since it's a subject so directly related to religion, it wasn't long until I started reading about topics a bit more blaspehmous, if you will. And here you have me.

Some more stuff: I'm a girl, I'm 22, I'm majoring in biotechnology and I apologize for any grammar mistakes since I stopped taking English lessons a while ago.

I don't know what else should go in an introduction, so have some music!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DancingSkeletons's post
06-04-2013, 02:05 PM
RE: So I just caught a mosquito with my hand...
I was a biology student too, had experiences which genetic engineering, botany and ecology.

Welcome to the forum.

Biology(anthropology) and history are always good ways to atheism.

Want something? Then do something.
06-04-2013, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 02:27 PM by GirlyMan.)
Howdy howdy ho. [Image: Tip-Hat.gif]

(06-04-2013 01:52 PM)DancingSkeletons Wrote:  According to her, the only important things in the bible are Jesus' teachings.

I like your Mom, Girly also only reads the Red Letters and discounts the commentary from the peanut gallery. I can interpret them all by myself, thankyouverymuch, don't need no help from religion. I ain't a child. Tongue

(06-04-2013 01:52 PM)DancingSkeletons Wrote:  I'm majoring in biotechnology ...

But enough of this small talk. Get yer ass back to work building me an artificial pancreas 'cause my sugars are high and some artificial testicles 'cause my testosterone is low and I'm tired of rubbing this Androgel shit on every day. Big Grin

Nice intro music video too. Thumbsup

I have forgiven 51 unprovoked insults Heywood Jahblome has directed at forum members.
06-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Can't go wrong with Oingo Boingo. Thumbsup

I was raised Catholic, too, so being taught real science was never a threat to religion made the shock of meeting bible-as-literal-truth fundies made the shock even deeper. It was like looking at circus carnies, only the sign above their heads read "Delusional Morons."

Welcome to TTA!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2013, 03:17 PM
You sound smart, & you're English is better than some of my southern baptist/secret methodist family members, and they were BORN into English. Welcome, and stay awhile Smile

06-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Best. First. Post. Evah!

[Image: riker.gif]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
06-04-2013, 11:47 PM
Hello!

“You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don't forget to use your head.”
07-04-2013, 12:07 AM
hey welcome! I'm from Argentina too! finally I'm not so alone around all this foreign heathens! which part? I'm from Cordoba Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
07-04-2013, 12:09 AM
(07-04-2013 12:07 AM)nach_in Wrote:  I'm not so alone around all this foreign heathens!

Hey, fucker. We can read what you said!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
07-04-2013, 12:17 AM
(07-04-2013 12:09 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 12:07 AM)nach_in Wrote:  I'm not so alone around all this foreign heathens!

Hey, fucker. We can read what you said!

come and get me Flex

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post