So I just got back in contact with my religious bigot mother...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2014, 03:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 04:30 AM by DeepThought.)
So I just got back in contact with my religious bigot mother...
After 6 years of not contacting her...

And I found out my mum is one of the most bigoted people on the planet. She rivals the crazy right-wing nutjobs in America.

She actually said that the Australian Labour Party are practically Communist.

I found out she was getting my old neighbours from when I was growing up to sign a petition to ban gay marriage, spouting some crap about marriage being between a man and a woman.

We had a state election and she was also a vocal supporter of the rise up australia party. http://riseupaustraliaparty.com/

To top it off she now works for a church.

She lives in a house without electricity which has burnt floorboards because of religious burning rituals where she burnt away items from my childhood, like photos of my dad and me, etc..

She is a sick twisted individual and I'm embarrassed to have a mother like that.

I have already gone through the grieving process regarding her so she is basically already dead as far as I am concerned. That is just her body still living. Her mind and anything that counts died a long time ago.

I don't know why but every time I talk to her I feel like breaking something. Not good.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like DeepThought's post
01-12-2014, 03:15 AM
RE: So I just got back in contact with my stupid cunt of a mum...
Just reminding myself why I don't talk to her.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 3 users Like DeepThought's post
01-12-2014, 03:21 AM
Eish Sad

Sorry bro, that's not cool... At least you're free of her...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-12-2014, 03:22 AM
The Labour party is practically communist?

You're right, she's a fuckin' loony. I can easily understand why you'd cut contact of a poisonous creature like that.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-12-2014, 07:19 AM
Hug

Sorry to hear. Sad

All I can offer is an electronic shoulder.

Glad you've made it out/away.

May your current life/affairs be going swell.

Much cheers to all.
01-12-2014, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 07:58 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(01-12-2014 03:11 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  After 6 years of not contacting her...

And I found out my mum is one of the most bigoted people on the planet. She rivals the crazy right-wing nutjobs in America.

She actually said that the Australian Labour Party are practically Communist.

I found out she was getting my old neighbours from when I was growing up to sign a petition to ban gay marriage, spouting some crap about marriage being between a man and a woman.

We had a state election and she was also a vocal supporter of the rise up australia party. http://riseupaustraliaparty.com/

To top it off she now works for a church.

She lives in a house without electricity which has burnt floorboards because of religious burning rituals where she burnt away items from my childhood, like photos of my dad and me, etc..

She is a sick twisted individual and I'm embarrassed to have a mother like that.

I have already gone through the grieving process regarding her so she is basically already dead as far as I am concerned. That is just her body still living. Her mind and anything that counts died a long time ago.

I don't know why but every time I talk to her I feel like breaking something. Not good.

Maybe you'll find (or have ?) some "different mom(s)" to fill that role for you, (as in "adopted moms", if you're really fortunate. Sometimes you have to go back and be (very briefly reminded) why it was exactly you found something so totally unacceptable, (sort of like going to church and being reminded why it was some of us left all the bullshit behind ... as in "oh yeah, this crap, ... hasn't changed a bit") and it cements your current place, and helps you to move on.

I had a few "extra grannies" that helped a lot when my real one died. I couldn't imagine life without them. Doesn't make a bit of difference that we "adopted" each other. You need a mom. You don't need the one you got.

Hug

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
01-12-2014, 05:28 PM
It's sometimes difficult to explain to people why you have to cut your mother from your life - at least I sure ran into that a lot. But, the truth of the matter is that I am much better off without mine and probably would have been better still if I had cut ties long before I did.

On the odd occasion when there is contact my choice is always proven to be the right one. I wish my sister could bring herself to make the break. Momzilla still tears her up but she is an adult and has to decide for herself.

I am sorry about your situation, but I understand. Heart

Being able to have children does not a parent make.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
01-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Sorry to hear this...
I hope for their sake you don't have any younger siblings.
Don't break any of your stuff and keep your distance.
01-12-2014, 05:50 PM
No shame in removing family members from your life when necessary. Looks like you made the right choice, and it can't have been easy. I hope you can continue to block contact. Family is what you make it I think.

Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
01-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Deep Thought, you shouldn't be embarrassed. You had no control about your parentage. If your child turned out that way, it would be another story.

As for talking to her, don't. There isn't anything she can provide, that you can't get from people you choose to associate with.