So I just got back in contact with my religious bigot mother...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2014, 06:25 PM
RE: So I just got back in contact with my stupid cunt of a mum...
Meh.
You got family that care right here, bro Hug E'erbody 'round here has a Moms! Wink
I'm probably that crazy uncle you wanna steer clear of, but there's plenty others here to talk to who don't have turrets Shy

*FUCK! ASS!* Hobo

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
01-12-2014, 11:41 PM
(01-12-2014 06:25 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  there's plenty others here to talk to who don't have turrets Shy

It's pretty usual to be born without a gun emplacement, yes... Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-12-2014, 12:33 AM
(01-12-2014 11:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-12-2014 06:25 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  there's plenty others here to talk to who don't have turrets Shy

It's pretty usual to be born without a gun emplacement, yes... Tongue

I was thinking along the lines of this:

[Image: stock-photo-ancient-castle-wall-and-turret-10264585.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Kaepora Gaebora's post
02-12-2014, 04:35 AM
RE: So I just got back in contact with my religious bigot mother...
Thanks guys, just needed to vent. Family have a way of getting under my skin in a way no-one else can.

Smile

I feel better today. It's just really hard to believe how opposite we are in terms of worldview. She really took that religion thing too far.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
02-12-2014, 04:37 AM
(02-12-2014 04:35 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  She really took that religion thing too far.

LOL. Ya think? Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-12-2014, 05:56 AM
(02-12-2014 04:35 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Family have a way of getting under my skin in a way no-one else can.

Oh Lordy-Lordy, Amen! Amen to that, brother!

Sometimes I'm tempted to wonder if my family exists just to annoy me.

(02-12-2014 04:35 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  I feel better today. It's just really hard to believe how opposite we are in terms of worldview. She really took that religion thing too far.

It's good that you're feeling better, and you've my sympathy for the crazy family.

You know that old saying, I'm sure "We've all got our crosses to bear". Ours seem to be crazy relatives.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
02-12-2014, 09:36 AM
I will say that contrary to popular opinion, people can change. But, even though you can try to give them motivation or incentives, they have to choose to do it themselves. I had a dark period of a couple years with my dad. Not based on religion at all. He's a non-practicing Catholic, hasn't set foot in a church (other than weddings and funerals) for decades. His issues were emotional and psychological. He has PTSD from fighting in Vietnam, and growing up in an abusive home, he has a drinking problem, and he has pain management issues from a back injury and the surgery that followed. Mix all this up with the prescription meds he was on for the pain and the PTSD and he sort of went to a very dark place for a while; imagining he was being followed by the authorities, friends and relatives involved in a conspiracy against him, real paranoid delusional stuff. He had also been sort of cut down by his injury at a relatively young age, in his early 50s, and was pretty depressed from not having a job to do; felt he lacked purpose, etc. He could be hard to deal with. On good days he was great, on bad days you never knew which way the paranoia would swing - you could be his best friend one day, and a co-conspirator the next.

Then my brother and I each got married and started families. I won't say that becoming a grandfather turned him around in and of itself, but it at least gave him a reason to try. He cut down on his drinking significantly, got involved with a different doctor who managed his meds a LOT better; and in the span of a few months he really turned himself around. He does one day a week watching my son and one day a week with my niece. He has a purpose again and he's happier being "Papa" than I've seen him in 10 years.

Anyway - I'm not trying to rub it in the OP's face, I'm just saying while it's certainly true that some people can get set in their ways, it's also true that some people can adapt - but you can't force them to do it; they have to come to it on their own, if they think their relationships are worth saving. And if the OP's mom would rather have her religion or worldview or this extreme lifestyle, it's HER failing, not the OP's. That's the tough part, the person with the problem might NOT choose you; but that's not your fault.
18-12-2014, 03:21 PM
(01-12-2014 03:11 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  After 6 years of not contacting her...

And I found out my mum is one of the most bigoted people on the planet. She rivals the crazy right-wing nutjobs in America.

She actually said that the Australian Labour Party are practically Communist.

I found out she was getting my old neighbours from when I was growing up to sign a petition to ban gay marriage, spouting some crap about marriage being between a man and a woman.

We had a state election and she was also a vocal supporter of the rise up australia party. http://riseupaustraliaparty.com/

To top it off she now works for a church.

She lives in a house without electricity which has burnt floorboards because of religious burning rituals where she burnt away items from my childhood, like photos of my dad and me, etc..

She is a sick twisted individual and I'm embarrassed to have a mother like that.

I have already gone through the grieving process regarding her so she is basically already dead as far as I am concerned. That is just her body still living. Her mind and anything that counts died a long time ago.

I don't know why but every time I talk to her I feel like breaking something. Not good.

It sounds a lot more like she is in a cult rather than a church....what's the difference right? Anyway, she is probably in a dangerous cult if they had convinced her to burn all of your baby photatoes. You should probably get her some help with the family and get her away from the cult and her house for a while until you can snap her back to her senses as a normal human being again

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
10-10-2015, 10:16 AM
(02-12-2014 09:36 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  Then my brother and I each got married and started families. I won't say that becoming a grandfather turned him around in and of itself, but it at least gave him a reason to try. He cut down on his drinking significantly, got involved with a different doctor who managed his meds a LOT better; and in the span of a few months he really turned himself around. He does one day a week watching my son and one day a week with my niece. He has a purpose again and he's happier being "Papa" than I've seen him in 10 years.

I really loved reading this. My semi-estranged father accidentally overdosed at age 50 after a mostly passive life and heavy prescription abuse. I had just eloped two weeks before that, and he had opened up to me on the phone about how much he loved me and wished he had been there. I was so excited about that call.. a real conversation with my dad.

I can't help but wonder (dream?) that if I had made him a grandfather before he passed, he might have re-found his will to live.

As for my completely estranged, religious bigot mother, I too feel like she's already dead. Her body is still here, but her mind is either completely warped or gone. My family honestly speculates that she is mentally ill in some way. Her decisions are outrageous and incredibly hurtful, and she is so fake and self-serving that you can't take her seriously. As a hopefully future mother, I had to cut contact with her altogether. She isn't healthy for me, and would be absolutely toxic to a child. My 21 year old brother isn't quite there yet, but I hope that he will be soon.
[+] 2 users Like HumanistBabe's post
20-10-2015, 05:51 PM
It sounds to me like this person is mentally ill. She needs to see a Dr but the church is likely keeping her from doing so for their own nefarious reasons. I mean she nearly burned the house down. Burned photos of her child! She is a danger to herself and others!

I'd look at getting her committed to an asylum. My brother had to do this with my mum after she tried to kill me.

Do it quietly. Let nobody in on it. Perhaps she can regain her sanity under care.

I had not seen this thread. Sorry to be so late.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.