So I just had a presentation on intelligent design.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2012, 09:51 AM
So I just had a presentation on intelligent design.
... and surprise surprise it was a concentrated display of ignorance in about 10 minutes. It resulted in multiple facepalms as one would expect ("Michael Behe uses evidence to come to a conclusion the differs from the norm..." lol) but that isn't the focus here.

He kept on talking about the reason why people don't want to consider it is because the possibility of it being wrong would send many scientists out of their job blah blah blah so I wonder, would you care if new evidence (yes evidence not just blind speculation) came along and discredited evolution? So instead of skipping from evolution to a designer what about something like punctuated equilibrium.

The thing that's made me appreciate science is that fact that it's self correcting not a static article that reaches a conclusion before they've seen the facts. Although the chances of evolution being disproved to that extent is extremely low, what do you think would happen if it was?

Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

Enlightenment is liberating.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
So I just had a presentation on intelligent design. - ALovelyChickenMan - 19-03-2012 09:51 AM