So, I'm a abrasive asshole

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2014, 11:00 AM
So, I'm a abrasive asshole
Seems that the care facility (where my wife is), told my SIL that they would rather deal with her or my step daughter, because, how shall they put it... they dont like dealing with me because I'm abrasive Gasp

Well fuck me..... I know I'm no diplomat and not exactly PC, but I do speak my mind without using foul language (in professional or polite circles). I have a very deep voice that easily gets a bit loud when I get passionate........ but really ? "abrasive" ?

I've never been so insulted in my life (OK, maybe once or twice before)

So do I come off as an abrasive asshole in here too? Um, I mean during the times its not called for. Blush

* Germy Wanker doesnt get to weigh in here*

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2014, 11:08 AM
RE: So, I'm a abrasive asshole
(02-06-2014 11:00 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Seems that the care facility (where my wife is), told my SIL that they would rather deal with her or my step daughter, because, how shall they put it... they dont like dealing with me because I'm abrasive Gasp

Well fuck me..... I know I'm no diplomat and not exactly PC, but I do speak my mind without using foul language (in professional or polite circles). I have a very deep voice that easily gets a bit loud when I get passionate........ but really ? "abrasive" ?

So do I come off as an abrasive asshole in here too? Um, I mean during the times its not called for. Blush

You do. Tongue

No, not really. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-06-2014, 11:08 AM
(02-06-2014 11:00 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Seems that the care facility (where my wife is), told my SIL that they would rather deal with her or my step daughter, because, how shall they put it... they dont like dealing with me because I'm abrasive Gasp

Probably you are repressing a lot of different emotions when there and it makes you seem cold...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
02-06-2014, 11:20 AM
Or you have a timid nurse who is scared of bikers because she was raised in a bubble.

Find the one you can relate to and tells it like it is and ask her about it.

IME, many times family comes in, they ask about the resident in a quizzing fashion, sometimes don't like the answers and walk off. But those couple families that try to get to know the care givers more personally, usually have a nicer demeanor.

Try making one or two your friend, ask about their family, what they do for fun, play the getting to know you game.

Food and treats always work too. Smile. Or you can at least stack the odds in your favor.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
02-06-2014, 11:21 AM
Welcome to the club, my friend.

We shall go scrub off the grime with our abrasiveness.

Nearly 100% of people would rather deal with my wife than me... I really don't get it. I'm not rude... I don't cuss. I am very terse and forward as well as stating my objective in the situation and what I expect/want. I consider that efficient; not abrasive.

Meh.

An no, you've never struck me as abrasive. The way you communicate does remind me a lot of me, so I'm probably not qualified to effectively answer that question, though.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
02-06-2014, 11:26 AM
I think you're fine. Nobody would ever misunderstand your opinions on things but that is the way it should be.
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
02-06-2014, 11:31 AM
You strike me as the kind of person who takes no shit.
I don't see anything wrong with that, more people need to be more assertive.

Also, from my experience, nurses are bitches. Like there are some really great nurses out there but some (100% of the ones that are female and over the age of 50) are just bitches.

In fact I would find this encouraging to step up your presence in this facility.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-06-2014, 11:35 AM
My cynical side wonders if the two women are prefered because they are easier to influence and you want what you want. A lot of long term care facilities prefer to deal with people that don't ask questions or really advocate for the patient and are just a rubber stamp for whatever they want to do with them.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
02-06-2014, 01:43 PM
One thing that comes to mind is that almost everyone I deal with there is a women, and the majority that seem to have a problem with me are in administration.

I've been told that I scare one of the male nurses, but I've been very polite to him.

It may be my appearance and demeanor, I've always been loose and at home in a business like setting and I dont get intimidated by anyone.

I dont get it, I try to muster a smile and say hello to everyone in the place, maybe it just doesnt come across as sincere, plus I have a habit of controlling a situation. Blush

On the other hand it could be that I've made it known that we're not religious and dont want that shit forced on my wife...... tho, other than mentioning that only one time, I havent said shit about it again.

This just took me by surprise because I was on my best behavior... I know I can be a huge asshole when it's called for, but this wasnt one of those times.

Well, they've already gone behind my back to transfere the wife down to west palm bch, near her daughter. I actually welcome it, I'm fed up with this shit and so is my SIL that lives here.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
02-06-2014, 01:45 PM
(02-06-2014 11:00 AM)War Horse Wrote:  but really ? "abrasive" ?

I've never been so insulted in my life

You're not trying hard enough Laughat

Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post