So, I'm getting back into professional wrestling.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2012, 09:25 PM
I grew up with the WWF. And... to say I was a fan would be an understatement. We never missed a match... or a PPV... we had all the figures... the ring... a couple of rings... subscription to the WWF magazine... went to shows whenever they would come in town... yeah, wrestling was a lot of our childhood.

Fast forward to late middle school and throughout high school: the Monday Night Wars between WWF and WCW. I would watch one and tape the other. I couldn't get enough. I was even more obsessed with ECW at the time. During high school I attend several WCW and ECW shows.

And now... Netflix has renewed my passion... it literally has hundreds of wrestling documentaries. I've been watching them for weeks now. We're renewing DTV subscription in January... so I'm going to have to wait (ugh) to start catching RAW and Smackdown on a regular basis.

I guess there are some things you just don't grow out of.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-11-2012, 09:47 PM
RE: So, I'm getting back into professional wrestling.
(27-11-2012 09:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I grew up with the WWF. And... to say I was a fan would be an understatement. We never missed a match... or a PPV... we had all the figures... the ring... a couple of rings... subscription to the WWF magazine... went to shows whenever they would come in town... yeah, wrestling was a lot of our childhood.

Fast forward to late middle school and throughout high school: the Monday Night Wars between WWF and WCW. I would watch one and tape the other. I couldn't get enough. I was even more obsessed with ECW at the time. During high school I attend several WCW and ECW shows.

And now... Netflix has renewed my passion... it literally has hundreds of wrestling documentaries. I've been watching them for weeks now. We're renewing DTV subscription in January... so I'm going to have to wait (ugh) to start catching RAW and Smackdown on a regular basis.

I guess there are some things you just don't grow out of.

Ah, yes. Another realm of fantasy to buy into. Going to add homeopathy next?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
27-11-2012, 10:20 PM
"Some things you never grow out of." Yeah... *looks longingly at my pile of LEGO's*

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 6 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
27-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Fuck!
I thought you meant you were personally going to get back into wrestling! Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 10 users Like Erxomai's post
27-11-2012, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 27-11-2012 11:05 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Is that the one the McMahon's own ? I see she lost again after spending $100,000,000 to buy herself a Senate seat.
Dang. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-11-2012, 10:33 PM
So what will your costume be? And there has to be good entrance music. Oh, and a good tagline.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-11-2012, 10:34 PM
(27-11-2012 09:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  Ah, yes. Another realm of fantasy to buy into. Going to add homeopathy next?

Was thinking the exact same thing... the fantasy worlds of God and WWF go hand in hand ...

Don't wanna crush ya too much KC but that WCW and WWF and crap is as fake as your God...

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
27-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Heh. WWF was responsible for much violence in the family home when I was a kid Tongue Now I can't watch it...
27-11-2012, 11:02 PM
(27-11-2012 10:34 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(27-11-2012 09:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  Ah, yes. Another realm of fantasy to buy into. Going to add homeopathy next?

Was thinking the exact same thing... the fantasy worlds of God and WWF go hand in hand ...

Don't wanna crush ya too much KC but that WCW and WWF and crap is as fake as your God...

What the fuck's wrong with you? You sober or somethin?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
27-11-2012, 11:32 PM
(27-11-2012 11:02 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(27-11-2012 10:34 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Don't wanna crush ya too much KC but that WCW and WWF and crap is as fake as your God...

What the fuck's wrong with you? You sober or somethin?

.... I'm sorry ... I'll get the bottle out right away sir!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post