So, I'm getting back into professional wrestling.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2014, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 12:40 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: So, I'm getting back into professional wrestling.
(27-11-2012 09:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I grew up with the WWF. And... to say I was a fan would be an understatement. We never missed a match... or a PPV... we had all the figures... the ring... a couple of rings... subscription to the WWF magazine... went to shows whenever they would come in town... yeah, wrestling was a lot of our childhood.

Fast forward to late middle school and throughout high school: the Monday Night Wars between WWF and WCW. I would watch one and tape the other. I couldn't get enough. I was even more obsessed with ECW at the time. During high school I attend several WCW and ECW shows.

And now... Netflix has renewed my passion... it literally has hundreds of wrestling documentaries. I've been watching them for weeks now. We're renewing DTV subscription in January... so I'm going to have to wait (ugh) to start catching RAW and Smackdown on a regular basis.

I guess there are some things you just don't grow out of.

I don't know if you've seen me post him earlier, but one of my favorite YouTube channels/personalities is Steve Shives. He's probably best known for doing his An Atheist Reads... series were he gives very long personal breakdowns of apologetic books like Reasonable Faith (WLC), Mere Christianity (CS Lewis), and The Case for Christ (Lee Strobel) among others. He also has a few entertaining regular series, including 5 Stupid Things About... (baseball, Star Wars, Mormonism, etc.) which changes topic with each episode, another version released every two weeks that covers the 5 dumbest things that have happened since the last episode (across culture and politics), And Now The Good News which covers advancements in science and technology.

That being said, the guy is a huge long time wrestling fan, and he has started a series called Wrestling with Wresting which is currently up to 11 episodes. I haven't watched it because wresting just isn't my bag (I prefer UFC and MMA), but maybe you'll find it entertaining. So here's one of his recent 5 Stupid Things About episodes where he goes after the WWE (all in love), think of it as an appetizer of sorts. Tongue

But Steve is a cat person, so that might be a deal breaker for you... Wink

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post