So, I'm now an atheist.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2012, 01:23 PM
So, I'm now an atheist.
I guess it's been a long time coming.HThis is, obviously, a difficultAdecisionPforPme toYmake. It's notEone that IAmakeRlightly. As I've saidLbefore, everything I decideYis thoroughlyAthought through.
P
My 6Rmonths on TTAIhas reallyLopened my eyes. I've askedFquestions I'veOnever asked before. I'veOthought about things I've neverLthought about before.
S
Honestly, there are so many things to consider. I don't really know where to begin. I'm sure those will come out over time. One of the bigger issues is how my family is going to handle this. Likewise, how this is going to affect my family life.
T
I mean, do we keep going to church? Do I tell people?
T
There is a huge change, and honestly, it's pretty scary.
A!
I guess the most important lesson I learned was: Always look at the source. Always.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like kingschosen's post
28-03-2012, 01:24 PM
RE: So, I'm now an atheist.
Dude, you're 4 days early.
Wait and do this next Sunday.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
28-03-2012, 01:26 PM
(28-03-2012 01:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I guess it's been a long time coming.HThis is, obviously, a difficultAdecisionPforPme toYmake. It's notEone that IAmakeRlightly. As I've saidLbefore, everything I decideYis thoroughlyAthought through.
P
My 6Rmonths on TTAIhas reallyLopened my eyes. I've askedFquestions I'veOnever asked before. I'veOthought about things I've neverLthought about before.
S
Honestly, there are so many things to consider. I don't really know where to begin. I'm sure those will come out over time. One of the bigger issues is how my family is going to handle this. Likewise, how this is going to affect my family life.
T
I mean, do we keep going to church? Do I tell people?
T
There is a huge change, and honestly, it's pretty scary.
A!
I guess the most important lesson I learned was: Always look at the source. Always.
Well, welcome to the ranks, KC. For what it's worth, you have a great support group here if you're ever in need. And I went through the same thing in telling my very religious mother about my atheism. Ultimately, family ties are stronger than that. There may be a little bit (or a lot) of stress, but your family will still love you. You're still you, after all.

You may want to compromise and still attend church, say grace, and the like, though. It makes them feel better by showing that you still care about them, and doesn't cost you too much time.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
(28-03-2012 01:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Dude, you're 4 days early.
Wait... why wait till Sunday? I had to get this out. It couldn't wait any longer.

(28-03-2012 01:26 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 01:24 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Dude, you're 4 days early.
Wait... why wait till Sunday? I had to get this out. It couldn't wait any longer.
Look at what day Sunday is.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
28-03-2012, 01:27 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2012 01:27 PM by kingschosen.)
Thanks, Unbeliever!

(28-03-2012 01:26 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-03-2012 01:26 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Wait... why wait till Sunday? I had to get this out. It couldn't wait any longer.
Look at what day Sunday is.
It's the first day of April?

28-03-2012, 01:29 PM
KC are you serious ?
28-03-2012, 01:31 PM
KC I don't think you understand the severity of this situation. You and I are no longer friends.

oh and since it's still on my clipboard

[Image: fry-not-sure-if-trolling.jpg]

You don't have to worry though. If Calvanism is true then being an atheist will in no way affect your salvation.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
28-03-2012, 01:32 PM
(28-03-2012 01:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  KC are you serious ?
Consider the source.

28-03-2012, 01:32 PM
It's April Fool's Day.
Always know your source.

~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post