So I'm thinking of going into journalism. I have a debt to pay.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 03:31 AM
RE: So I'm thinking of going into journalism. I have a debt to pay.
I say do it. If only so others can know that it does happen. Ignorance thrives when no one says anything.

Mount your steed of words, take up your pen and sally forth to slay the dragons of ignorance. Only then can we make things better for others. But pick your battles wisely, it is not good to rush at those who you cannot yet stand against.

As always you are an inspiration to me.

The requirement of evidence to back your claim does not disappear because it hurts your feelings, reality does not care about your feefees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Blackhand293's post
15-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Necro-ing my own thread, but I didn't want to litter the support section with new threads by me.

So I hope to begin paying my social debt very soon.

My ex is trying to convince me to not attend the hearing (the first I will have been able to attend in a very long time due to expenses, which has cost me dearly in reputation with the court). However, I finally can and I told him I was going to. He was trying to talk me out of it. He's also saying I shouldn't slander (predicted he would say this). I told him it's only slander if it's lies and he would have to prove I'm lying and therefore committing slander (he'll have a really rough time of THAT one, I can tell you that!). and he can't just shut up the victim. I said if I'm fined, I'll still speak out, because people have to know. If I was jailed, I'd still speak out, because people have to know. I will not be gagged.

Then he changed tack and said I can't just go through life bitter and angry and not forgiving. Forgiving what? Angry and bitter why? Oh yeah, because he RAPED me! (yes, I said that in the call) I said anger and bitterness are the effects of a cause. You don't point at the effects and blame the victim for it. You look at the causes. Rape? Oh gee, would you look at that!

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
15-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Journalism eh? Seems fitting, you should go for it charisect. Journalist make about $36,226. I also here is a website to help

http://www.journalismdegree.com/become-a-journalist/

Now onto the whole, family thing. I have no experience in what has happened to you, and most likely never will. But I can at least try. (also sorry for late advice)

We have all done regrets in the past, what matters is how you handle it. You can handle your regrets much better than I can. You seem to be able to handle it well.
You made sure your daughters are in public school, and you are attending a hearing. Also why the hell is your EX still trying to control you? I would say fuck him. I would use any anger you have and turn it into inspiration. He is nothing more than an enemy, and all enemies must fall under your boot. You are a powerful woman charisect, remember that.

Oh I also looked up the Pearls and I must say they are dangerous. In fact when you do get into journalism become famous. When that happens become an outspoken atheist. When your are still loved and are a spoken atheist write a book on the dangers religion can have on children. You will have people lining up for it. All the people will "OMG have my babies!" You will become that powerful.

:unsure:Well that is it I guess I will be leaving now.

Oh wait before I forget cute gecko for good luck

[Image: a.baa-Smiling-Gecko-Poses-To-Camer.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
15-06-2014, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2014 08:46 PM by Charis.)
Hug

He knows I'm an Atheist (now) but others don't yet need to know.... though even if they do, I'm okay with that really. I can tell you that those with the fundy mindset wouldn't listen to me about the Pearls whether I was Atheist or not, because anyone who is speaking against what they deem "Biblical" is called many things. If they believe that the one speaking out is still a Christian, they call that person a "liberal," "apostate," "felt-needs," "disobedient," etc. Especially a woman.

BY THE WAY.... if you guys get time intermittently, please take a look at the links here at Patheos. It's a breakdown on one of the Pearls' books on wives.
It is a long read, but it's broken down into convenient sections by link. It's so accurate that I was hearing the words in the voice of my pastor's wife. Here you go:

Patheos Blog critical breakdown of the popular Christian book, "Created to Be His Helpmeet"

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 3 users Like Charis's post
15-06-2014, 08:37 PM
(15-06-2014 08:21 PM)Charis Wrote:  Hug

He knows I'm an Atheist (now) but others don't yet need to know.... though even if they do, I'm okay with that really. I can tell you that those with the fundy mindset wouldn't listen to me about the Pearls whether I was Atheist or not, because anyone who is speaking against what they deem "Biblical" is called many things. If they believe the one speaking out is still a Christian, they call that person a "liberal," "apostate," "felt-needs," "disobedient," etc. Especially a woman.

BY THE WAY.... if you guys get time intermittently, please take a look at the links here at Patheos. It's a breakdown on one of the Pearls' books on wives.
It is a long read, but it's broken down into convenient sections by link. It's so accurate that I was hearing the words in the voice of my pastor's wife. Here you go:

Patheos Blog breakdown of the popular Christian book, "Created to Be His Helpmeet"

What is the point of having a wife if she is always submissive? It seems more fun to have a wife with a mind of her own.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 3 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
15-06-2014, 09:01 PM
I will not be arguing that I deserve the girls after all that. I will be arguing that it was hell. It was bad. They needed help. I needed help. It was denied. I have turned away from that, and am now exposing it all.... what I went through, what I've DONE and the system that fueled it all.... and the man that took full advantage of that system

[+] 5 users Like Charis's post
15-06-2014, 09:05 PM
(15-06-2014 09:01 PM)Charis Wrote:  I will not be arguing that I deserve the girls after all that. I will be arguing that it was hell. It was bad. They needed help. I needed help. It was denied. I have turned away from that, and am now exposing it all.... what I went through, what I've DONE and the system that fueled it all.... and the man that took full advantage of that system

This father of theirs sound really, cruel. Why is that?

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
15-06-2014, 09:14 PM
He fits the bill of a sociopath. It's difficult to see his cruelty at first glance, because he is very polished.

[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
15-06-2014, 09:15 PM
(15-06-2014 09:14 PM)Charis Wrote:  He fits the bill of a sociopath. It's difficult to see his cruelty at first glance, because he is very polished.

Damn. You seem to have quite the story. Ever think about writing a book?

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
15-06-2014, 09:18 PM
(15-06-2014 09:15 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(15-06-2014 09:14 PM)Charis Wrote:  He fits the bill of a sociopath. It's difficult to see his cruelty at first glance, because he is very polished.

Damn. You seem to have quite the story. Ever think about writing a book?

Yes. I probably will at some point.