So... I made the leap to atheism.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2017, 10:08 AM
RE: So... I made the leap to atheism.
(02-03-2017 09:53 AM)kim Wrote:  Technically, Kingsy could legitimately become atheist for a while. Angel

The whole point of Lent is sacrifice - to symbolically give up something, presumably something beloved or cherished.

During this time, Kingsy would only catch shit from his already sinful and guilty conscience for only giving up the ghost. Wink

But Lent is also mainly a liturgical season/penitential season come up with by the Catholics. It's not exactly endorsed by Calvinism with smells and bells and cheers of great joy...

(02-03-2017 09:55 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 09:38 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  On an unrelated note, I hear there's a Council seat open now? I'd like to say my qualifications are, "not atheist" and "has never met with the Russian ambassador during the campaign".

Hmmm... But you didn't say that you're "not NOT an atheist"... so I don't think this guy can be trusted with a council seat. I think we have here what's called a "Schrodinger's Theist".

We just don't know where he stands until observed.

Consider

Also- this thing about denial of meetings with the Russians... is proving to be a pattern of sort of outright lies by other individuals...

Consider

I call for careful consideration by the council members before voting to approve this one.

But in that case, wouldn't every theist be a Schrodinger's theist? How can we truly observe a relationship with God that atheists hold not to exist? Consider Also, the Russian thing is to just re-assure those who have seen person after person involved in certain other campaigns end up revealing their ties. My closest ties to Russia are the following: A friend was a foreign exchange student to Yaroslavl shortly about a decade after the fall of the Soviet Union. She does speak Russian, but I do not. Tongue

But I guess if the Council wants to prayerfully consider my asking to be voted into KC's slot as the Christian representative of the Council, I should accede to their knowledge, guided by what is good and what is holy...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
02-03-2017, 10:30 AM
I'm skeptical for different reasons than everyone else. I think you've been atheist a while now and just don't want to admit it Tongue

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like yakherder's post
02-03-2017, 10:48 AM
(02-03-2017 10:08 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 09:53 AM)kim Wrote:  Technically, Kingsy could legitimately become atheist for a while. Angel

The whole point of Lent is sacrifice - to symbolically give up something, presumably something beloved or cherished.

During this time, Kingsy would only catch shit from his already sinful and guilty conscience for only giving up the ghost. Wink

But Lent is also mainly a liturgical season/penitential season come up with by the Catholics. It's not exactly endorsed by Calvinism with smells and bells and cheers of great joy...

(02-03-2017 09:55 AM)Emma Wrote:  Hmmm... But you didn't say that you're "not NOT an atheist"... so I don't think this guy can be trusted with a council seat. I think we have here what's called a "Schrodinger's Theist".

We just don't know where he stands until observed.

Consider

Also- this thing about denial of meetings with the Russians... is proving to be a pattern of sort of outright lies by other individuals...

Consider

I call for careful consideration by the council members before voting to approve this one.

But in that case, wouldn't every theist be a Schrodinger's theist? How can we truly observe a relationship with God that atheists hold not to exist? Consider Also, the Russian thing is to just re-assure those who have seen person after person involved in certain other campaigns end up revealing their ties. My closest ties to Russia are the following: A friend was a foreign exchange student to Yaroslavl shortly about a decade after the fall of the Soviet Union. She does speak Russian, but I do not. Tongue

But I guess if the Council wants to prayerfully consider my asking to be voted into KC's slot as the Christian representative of the Council, I should accede to their knowledge, guided by what is good and what is holy...

Hmmm... I've only seen a couple other guys recently so vehemently deny meeting with the Russians... and look where they are now! Blink

And you are right about theists! That's a really good point! I think we should be skeptical that theists even exist at all, since we cannot observe their relationships with their respective God! Ohmy
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
02-03-2017, 12:10 PM
(02-03-2017 10:48 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 10:08 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  But Lent is also mainly a liturgical season/penitential season come up with by the Catholics. It's not exactly endorsed by Calvinism with smells and bells and cheers of great joy...

Hmmm... I've only seen a couple other guys recently so vehemently deny meeting with the Russians... and look where they are now! Blink

And you are right about theists! That's a really good point! I think we should be skeptical that theists even exist at all, since we cannot observe their relationships with their respective God! Ohmy
Denial? Who is denying Comrade Emma? There are no denials, there are only AlternativeAffirmations!

(Funny enough, following that cat-communism thing in one of the funny pic threads the other day, a colleague and I discussed whether they'd let us have an office cat, and then could we name it Chairman Meow?)

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
02-03-2017, 12:27 PM
I don't believe anyone is an atheist until I've actually witnessed them eating a baby. It's best to be safe.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
02-03-2017, 12:29 PM
I sure hope this is true.

Because when all meet for the big party in hell, it just won't be quite the same if KC isn't there with us. Tongue

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
02-03-2017, 12:33 PM
How many years in a row is this now?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-03-2017, 12:36 PM
(02-03-2017 12:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  How many years in a row is this now?

Not a lot. Drop in the bucket, really. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-03-2017, 12:41 PM
(02-03-2017 12:36 PM)kim Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 12:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  How many years in a row is this now?

Not a lot. Drop in the bucket, really. Shy

No... that I've made the same-ish post... 5 or so?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
02-03-2017, 12:50 PM
(02-03-2017 12:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 12:36 PM)kim Wrote:  Not a lot. Drop in the bucket, really. Shy

No... that I've made the same-ish post... 5 or so?

I suppose... same old, same old, same ol ... Undecided

I think someone needs a hobby. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein