So I moved to South Carolina

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2012, 08:26 PM
So I moved to South Carolina
Which is why I've been gone for a while. This place is MUCH more religious than Ohio. Like ridiculously more religious. The state beer is called Holy City beer. I drove down one road and counted about 25 churches. Being an atheist yankee from up north, I'm super well liked down here. Just saying.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
02-06-2012, 08:30 PM
RE: So I moved to South Carolina
I lived in SC nearly 20 years and was so happy to escape...I just can't tell you how much I hated it there.

What part of the state are you in? I'd have been happier if I had been near the coast.

I started out on Fort Jackson and stayed in that vicinity though the last 14 years were in a really tiny town in the middle of no-damn-where.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
02-06-2012, 08:32 PM
(02-06-2012 08:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I lived in SC nearly 20 years and was so happy to escape...I just can't tell you how much I hated it there.

What part of the state are you in? I'd have been happier if I had been near the coast.

I started out on Fort Jackson and stayed in that vicinity though the last 14 years were in a really tiny town in the middle of no-damn-where.

Mount Pleasant. So at least I can ignore all the Jesus lying on the beach.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
02-06-2012, 08:35 PM
A friend of mine just moved to the same area. The beaches are okay...other than that...I'll let you figure it out.

02-06-2012, 08:35 PM
(02-06-2012 08:26 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Which is why I've been gone for a while. This place is MUCH more religious than Ohio. Like ridiculously more religious. The state beer is called Holy City beer. I drove down one road and counted about 25 churches. Being an atheist yankee from up north, I'm super well liked down here. Just saying.

You should undergo a miraculous conversion and then start your own ministry. ... You could profit from it rather easily. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-06-2012, 08:38 PM
As you meet people they will tell you their name, ask you what your's is and then ask what church you belong to...oh yeah and you are a Yankee...atheist, Yankee...they will be thrilled.

You are a Yankee if you have ever had an address above the Mason-Dixon line...just so you know.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-06-2012, 08:49 PM
(02-06-2012 08:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You are a Yankee if you have ever had an address above the Mason-Dixon line...just so you know.

Born, bred, and caged just south of that line in Maryland. What's that make GirlyMan? Wink

02-06-2012, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 08:57 PM by GirlyMan.)
oops. ....

02-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Chances are good you would still be looked at with a jaded eye.

I was born on the Outer Banks of NC to a mother from there and a midwestern father and was still seen as a Yankee cause we moved to Iowa when I was two. Didn't matter that one side of my family had been in the south since 1650!

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Oh yeah...a great, great grandfather had even been governor of NC. Still didn't count. Maybe it was the Catholic thing and lack of a drawl.