So, I passed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2017, 03:11 AM
RE: So, I passed
Pass is a pass, that's what I say haha.

Am I right in guessing it's a firefighters exam? Or is that wrong?

I always wanted to work for the fire service as a kid, even attended "fire cadets" as a teen and did some of the drills that the real firefighters do to train, [using the hose/setting and climbing ladders etc]. Wish I could do it now lol.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2017, 05:31 AM
Congrats!
15-05-2017, 07:04 AM
Awesome Kingsey. Glad to see you are one step closer to achieving the right to run into burning buildings. Tongue

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
15-05-2017, 07:50 AM
Congrats!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
15-05-2017, 08:05 AM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2017 08:14 AM by GirlyMan.)
(14-05-2017 09:00 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Now, on to the physical test. I will say I'm a bit worried about this. I will, no doubt, be the oldest one there, I haven't done any real cardio in years and a year of smoking doesn't help.

Judging from your recent pics, I'd be more worried about that extra 40 lbs you're carrying fatboy.

#sigh
15-05-2017, 09:01 AM
(15-05-2017 08:05 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-05-2017 09:00 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Now, on to the physical test. I will say I'm a bit worried about this. I will, no doubt, be the oldest one there, I haven't done any real cardio in years and a year of smoking doesn't help.

Judging from your recent pics, I'd be more worried about that extra 40 lbs you're carrying fatboy.

It's 50.

From 120 to 180.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
15-05-2017, 09:54 AM
Congratulations! Best thing to do about the physical is just get started. And don't slack off afterwards!

I have a son who's been dreaming of being a firefighter (or, more recently, a firefighter/police officer) since not long after he was born. He's still little, but he's got an astonishing passion for it, enough that I've given him my old Essentials of Fire Fighting (long-ish story, but I was at one point on-track to accidentally reclass to Fire Marshal from Intel in the Air Force--only half-joking). He's 3, but he still like me to read from it to him, all about the organizational structure of fire stations and the details of PPE. His favorite videos before bedtime lately are demonstrations of putting out grease fires. I don't know what else to do with the kid until he's big enough to hold a hose!

I eat too much cheese.
15-05-2017, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2017 03:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(15-05-2017 09:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 08:05 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Judging from your recent pics, I'd be more worried about that extra 40 lbs you're carrying fatboy.

It's 50.

From 120 to 180.

That's 60. What exactly was on this test you passed?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-05-2017, 03:13 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
15-05-2017, 03:58 PM
(15-05-2017 03:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 09:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's 50.

From 120 to 180.

That's 60. What exactly was on this test you passed?

Laughat

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF