RE: So, I passed
Hey, 92% is still an A! Shy

Congrats, Kingsy! Thumbsup

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2017, 06:30 PM
[Image: 2Rs3m2e.jpg]

Here's the difference... I think I may have been 135 or 140 in that pic.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
01-06-2017, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2017 03:51 AM by treefireguy.)
So, I passed
It's a good career. You can retire early with a decent pension. But you will most likely also die earlier too. It may destroy your spine and you will lose hope in some of the human race. Try to enjoy your time off and don't bring work home, but don't also be afraid to vent to a loved one if needed. Let those living with you know that sometimes, you just need to sit alone and decompress without being bothered or talking about it. It can be hard to sleep sometimes. You'll hear and see calls you ran on in your head. That can be frustrating especially while trying to sleep. Don't drive the pumper or the buss to the call like a bat out of hell. Keep your crew alive. Remember it isn't your emergency. Don't die on the way to a call. Try to stay in shape. Have a good flashlight and always have a multitool with you. Never stop learning how to be a better fireman. Training never ever ever ends. If you are working as an EMT Basic level but are running calls with medics, learn how to do things to help the medics like putting on ECG pads, how to hook up a 12 lead or prep an IV Bag. Stuff like that. When you are a rookie, make coffee. Put up the flag, mop floors, clean the shitter, always do the dishes. Bring some cash with you every shift! Don't be the "I gotta hit the ATM guy". Also, GET ON THE GODDAMN CHOW LIST! Don't be one of those "One-Ways" that only eats tuna and protein powder. Just be a part of the crew and be flexible. Good luck to you..... and be safe. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[+] 3 users Like treefireguy's post
02-06-2017, 10:04 AM
(15-05-2017 09:01 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-05-2017 08:05 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Judging from your recent pics, I'd be more worried about that extra 40 lbs you're carrying fatboy.

It's 50.

From 120 to 180.

120 from 180 is more like 60 pounds or kilos but than who's going to complain about 10 lbs/kilo's?

Today is the best day of my life and tomorrow will be even better.
Robert himself
03-06-2017, 12:56 AM
Cool. I must admit, I have a tinge of envy in some respects. Basic FF is part of everyone's training in the Navy, and some folks do more advance stuff depending on jobs/positions. Not the same as what you're doing; different hazards, different materials, etc. I miss doing some of that stuff from time to time. I've considered doing some volunteer work, but I can't seem to find the time to get the other things in my life done. More power to you. Stay safe.