So, I ripped into this guy... too much?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-04-2015, 08:05 AM
RE: So, I ripped into this guy... too much?
(23-04-2015 01:42 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  The problem I'd have with a game like MK is that its characters aren't characters that evoke any emotional stake. Here's the next billion dollar progression for games like MK: the player selects facial likenesses from his facebook collection or other sources and annihilates his irritating boss, irritating neighbor, irritating family member, etc. Those are fantasies we indulge everyday; it's about time they make it to the screens that are increasingly becoming our surrogate lives.

And why stop at facial likeness - enable wholesale user defined anatomical configuration - your adversaries as plump effete clumsy bumpkins and your own avatar as 10 foot man of steel. Adversaries with circulatory systems with 5 times normal human blood volume for more splashy lacerations, bones that shatter like glass for more satisfying stomp gratification, and the face of your most despised office associate, DMV clerk, landlord, obnoxious pet owner or most recent Jehovah's Witness to blot your front porch with his shadow.

MK8. This Time It's Personal.

Laugh out load
You fantasize about killing people? Consider

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-04-2015, 08:07 AM
RE: So, I ripped into this guy... too much?
(23-04-2015 08:05 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(23-04-2015 01:42 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  The problem I'd have with a game like MK is that its characters aren't characters that evoke any emotional stake. Here's the next billion dollar progression for games like MK: the player selects facial likenesses from his facebook collection or other sources and annihilates his irritating boss, irritating neighbor, irritating family member, etc. Those are fantasies we indulge everyday; it's about time they make it to the screens that are increasingly becoming our surrogate lives.

And why stop at facial likeness - enable wholesale user defined anatomical configuration - your adversaries as plump effete clumsy bumpkins and your own avatar as 10 foot man of steel. Adversaries with circulatory systems with 5 times normal human blood volume for more splashy lacerations, bones that shatter like glass for more satisfying stomp gratification, and the face of your most despised office associate, DMV clerk, landlord, obnoxious pet owner or most recent Jehovah's Witness to blot your front porch with his shadow.

MK8. This Time It's Personal.

Laugh out load
You fantasize about killing people? Consider

Doesn't everybody? Unsure

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply