So, I saw this fabulous meteor

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2015, 04:44 PM
So, I saw this fabulous meteor
Last night, went for a walk, suddenly saw a light in the sky. It lasted for about 4 seconds (that's pretty long for a meteor) and it was brighter than any I've seen before. Like, really bright. I even saw it crumbling into small fiery pieces before disappearing.

I was in awe. Gasp It was so freaking gorgeous. I don't expect to see anything like that in my life again.

Yeah, I know you wished there was a pic or a video or something but 4 seconds aren't enough for a reaction. Sorry. I just wanted to share my excitement about it.

Also, I've been gone for so many days. What has this placed turned into again?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 18 users Like undergroundp's post
09-01-2015, 05:51 PM
RE: So, I saw this fabulous meteor
In case you're on your phone and can't see, 4 likes already. Smile

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
09-01-2015, 06:43 PM
(09-01-2015 04:44 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Last night, went for a walk, suddenly saw a light in the sky. It lasted for about 4 seconds (that's pretty long for a meteor) and it was brighter than any I've seen before. Like, really bright. I even saw it crumbling into small fiery pieces before disappearing.

I was in awe. Gasp It was so freaking gorgeous. I don't expect to see anything like that in my life again.

Yeah, I know you wished there was a pic or a video or something but 4 seconds aren't enough for a reaction. Sorry. I just wanted to share my excitement about it.

Yes yes that's all great and amazing but... where have you been???

Tongue Big Grin Welcome back.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
09-01-2015, 08:58 PM
It's all fun and games until one explodes and fucking kills you.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-01-2015, 09:06 PM
(09-01-2015 04:44 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Last night, went for a walk, suddenly saw a light in the sky. It lasted for about 4 seconds (that's pretty long for a meteor) and it was brighter than any I've seen before. Like, really bright. I even saw it crumbling into small fiery pieces before disappearing.

I believe ya cuz it happened to me too, a long ass time ago! Shy
Just a tiny little spot traveling across the sky (through the atmosphere) then BOOM! The whole damn sky went a bright blue color! No sound just suddenly BLUE! Laugh out load
Even though at the time I hadn't completely shed my theism, I didn't attribute the occurance with anything supernatural. Feel lucky cuz you'll likely never see it again. I haven't, & every time I've heard there's gonna be a meteor shower that can be seen from where I'm at, I try to find it. No big blues since! Sad

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
09-01-2015, 10:26 PM
Did it appear to come from the north?

If so, it was probably a Quadrantid meteor... I think the shower is still active.

The peak was several days ago, but showers produce meteors for days or even weeks either side of the peak.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2015, 04:01 AM
(09-01-2015 06:43 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Yes yes that's all great and amazing but... where have you been???

Tongue Big Grin Welcome back.

Thank you Big Grin

Just busy with holidays, seeing my family, yada yada. It's so hard to catch up sometimes.

(09-01-2015 08:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's all fun and games until one explodes and fucking kills you.

I actually dreamt about that last night. It wasn't fun.

(09-01-2015 10:26 PM)Sam Wrote:  Did it appear to come from the north?

If so, it was probably a Quadrantid meteor... I think the shower is still active.

The peak was several days ago, but showers produce meteors for days or even weeks either side of the peak.

I actually saw it on the south-west part of the sky, going from the west to the east. Weird Consider

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
10-01-2015, 05:05 AM
I can't remember whether it was the Perseids or another shower, but once on a whim I took the family out into the California desert beyond Twentynine Palms, near the Joshua Trees. We found this sandstone boulder formation, climbed to the top, put our mats down and lay on our backs, looking at the stars and the meteor shower.

Absolutely stunning. With no light pollution, one had the illusion of floating in the cosmos. Moments like that stay with you.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
10-01-2015, 05:21 AM

Sounds awesome Smile

WRT your question, we're just evolving. Y'know Tongue Like atheists do.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
10-01-2015, 06:09 AM
I am curious though. I want to see it too! *stomps feet*

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]