So, I updated my FB "About Me" section...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2011, 01:33 AM
So, I updated my FB "About Me" section...
My ultra conservative, right wing mother isn't going to be happy (bolded in red)... and, I'm just waiting to see what my fundie friends (bolded in blue) say (mom and fundie friends bolded in green).

It's been like two years since I've updated my info...

But yeah, my name is, of course, Jeremy Hill. First and foremost, I am a follower of Jesus Christ. At this point in my Christian life, I am comfortable and confident enough to share my personal theology.

1) I believe in Reformed Theology. This is more or less known as Calvinism or the Doctrine of Election.

2) Eschatologically speaking, I am an amillennialist. I do not believe in a literal 7 year tribulation period, a literal antichrist (as a person), or a literal 1000 year reign. I simply abhor the dispensationalist's point of view and their wacky hermeneutics.

3) I am an Evolutionary Creationist. This is much like a Theistic Evolutionist; however, the small differences are that I believe God has an active hand in evolution (not just a clock maker), and I also do not read science into Genesis 1 and 2 (whereas Theistic Evolutionists do). I believe in all aspects of evolution as a God created, controlled, and inspired plan.

Politically, I am a fairly staunch Libertarian. I am socially liberal and economically conservative. Some of my political stances are:

1) I support the legalization of marijuana. I know what many of you are thinking, but, I'm sorry, there is no real reason that it should be illegal if alcohol and tobacco are legal. Either outlaw all three or legalize all three. In the US, annually ~438K people die from tobacco related illnesses, ~100K people die an alcohol related deaths, and ~100 die a marijuana related deaths. They are all dangerous drugs; however, there is no sound reason why marijuana should be illegal while the others aren't. It should be made legal and be sin taxed like the others.

2) I do not believe that religion (of any type) belongs in government. This leads to a quasi type of theocracy, which not only corrupts the religion but also infringes on the freedom of others that do not share the same religious preference.

3) I support gay marriage. God ordained marriage has nothing to do with a preacher, a church, or a piece of paper. Marriage stopped becoming a religious institution when the government put its hand in it. Since marriage carries with it special tax privileges, denying a person marriage due to their sexual orientation infringes upon civil rights. Our Constitution says that all men are created equal, as such, so are homosexuals and denying them the right to participate in marriage is a blatant attack on civil freedom.

4) I do not support abortion. I believe it is murder. However, I do not oppose the abortion laws. There is a misconception that just because you do not oppose a law it means that you support the law. This isn't the case. The law is already a law. Legally, the United States says that a fetus is not a human and its the mother's civil right to make a choice whether or not to abort the child. Christ commands us to honor the government but that doesn't mean we have to agree with it.

I have been married since December, 8th, 2007, to the most awesome, beautiful, and magnificent woman. Jess has been a blessing in my life, and she is my joy. We had a baby boy at the end of September 2009. His name is Cohen Jeremy which means “Preacher appointed by God”. We are overly ecstatic at the opportunity of becoming parents, and we thank God for giving us this blessing and responsibly. Come May of 2012, we will be welcoming our second child into the world - a girl named Chloe Joy which means "blooming joy".

I was born and raised in Central, Louisiana, but most of my life took place in Baton Rouge. Now, I live in Denham Springs.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like kingschosen's post
24-12-2011, 01:40 AM
RE: So, I updated my FB "About Me" section...
I don't believe Eyegore will agree with your brand of delusion.

But way to stick out the old neck, my friend.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
24-12-2011, 04:23 AM
Smile Sweet - a little girl! Congratulations!
What does future big bro say? My brother and I are 3 years apart -close enough to fight and far enough to love. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
24-12-2011, 06:09 AM
Foreknowledge of gender!?!? Witchcraft! Burn the witch! Angel

Always gotta be an asshole, that Johnny Cantor. Perhaps it is another layer of trickery in scripture to deceive the good that evil shall prevail; that i find scripture gives me the entitlement of Lucifer. I was raised in hell by demons - family is not a good word in my lexicon. Tongue

I'm a naive philosopher; those other entitlements come and go with the wind, and they can keep on going. KC as a Calvinist is not my enemy. And congratulations. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-12-2011, 12:32 AM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2011 12:34 AM by kingschosen.)
(24-12-2011 04:23 AM)kim Wrote:  Smile Sweet - a little girl! Congratulations!
What does future big bro say? My brother and I are 3 years apart -close enough to fight and far enough to love. Wink

Heh, don't know if he fully understands it yet. He will point to my wife's belly and "Mommy's baby". But, I think he's going to be a great big brother.
(24-12-2011 06:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Foreknowledge of gender!?!? Witchcraft! Burn the witch! Angel

Always gotta be an asshole, that Johnny Cantor. Perhaps it is another layer of trickery in scripture to deceive the good that evil shall prevail; that i find scripture gives me the entitlement of Lucifer. I was raised in hell by demons - family is not a good word in my lexicon. Tongue

I'm a naive philosopher; those other entitlements come and go with the wind, and they can keep on going. KC as a Calvinist is not my enemy. And congratulations. Wink

lol thanks Doc Hoc.

@Erxomai
Heh, yeah, I figured that I needed to go ahead and do it. I guess I'm getting too old to hide what I believe from people.

26-12-2011, 02:47 AM
Well done man Smile

It's crazy that moderate views like yours - even though they're pretty inline with the crazies Tongue - *still* have such a social cost attached to expressing them.

PS 'grats on the kid. I recommend honey and mustard sauce Wink
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
26-12-2011, 06:06 AM
(26-12-2011 02:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well done man Smile

It's crazy that moderate views like yours - even though they're pretty inline with the crazies Tongue - *still* have such a social cost attached to expressing them.

Moderate views? Have you not read his posts describing his theology?
His theology is not moderate in any sense, except he leaves others to burn in hell.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
26-12-2011, 10:26 AM
(26-12-2011 06:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  

His theology is not moderate in any sense, except he leaves others to burn in hell.

Yeah, but he feels bad about it, so it makes him moderate.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-12-2011, 10:49 AM
(26-12-2011 10:26 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-12-2011 06:06 AM):dodgy:Chas Wrote:  

Yeah, but he feels bad about it, so it makes him moderate.

Dubious.Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
26-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Well, I don't feel bad or apologetic for my views at all. I just don't want to cause my mom grief with what I believe.