So, I've been approved to start teaching in church again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2012, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2012 09:41 AM by kim.)
RE: So, I've been approved to start teaching in church again.
(13-06-2012 02:50 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Egor was profoundly offending and upsetting people. He had to be pulled into line.

You are completely incorrect in this view. I know... I watched a great deal of it.

Egor was more than profoundly offending - his behavior was completely disgraceful and inhumane. However no one pulled him "into line". Egor got his own shit together all by himself. And he worked damn fucking hard on it... he's still kooky, but at least he's thinking and developing himself. It is of course all about the self.

When you debate, does someone pull you into line, Mark? Someone may suggest an alternate view which you must then consider and put through your personal process of rational thought, and only then if you logically come up with a revised perspective, do you change your mind. The only person you can control is yourself. The only mind you can change is your own.

One can have an influence on another.
Given the choice of having a bone-headed moron guiding other passive morons through ridiculous and abhorrent literature, or providing those passive morons with a bone-headed moron capable of logical thought, who may be able to suggest an alternative view which he can teach them to consider in a rational manner... I choose bone-headed moron number two.

I look to Kingsy to activate a couple of atrophied brain cells in his retarded, Christee suck-ups idea hungry students, and quite possibly provide some germination of rational thought and logic for their addled minds to begin to ponder their own path of escape. True, he could very well just heap erroneous fuel onto an already Earth scorching blaze, but teaching people to think logically and rationally is all I expect of a teacher.

If you convey to someone how to think, you are a teacher... if you convey to someone what to think, you are a preacher. This seems to be a confusing issue for some. I guess I'm lucky; my retard big brother is a Master Teacher; he teaches teachers to teach. He's still a fucking retard. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like kim's post
13-06-2012, 09:41 AM
kim. now with 25% more win. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
13-06-2012, 09:46 AM
(13-06-2012 09:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-06-2012 08:39 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Excuse me for having absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
Geez, KC, you need to get out more. Big Grin

What method of baptism does that particular sect use?
"all-over" == full immersion
"foot-washing" == dunk the feet

I had kind of thought that's what you're talking about... but... I've never heard of a denomination that exclusively washes feet as a form of baptism.

There is sprinkling, pouring, and dunking.

Southern Baptists (my church) dunk. Exclusively. They think it's the only way. I, however, believe differently.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-06-2012, 09:47 AM
(13-06-2012 09:41 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  kim. now with 25% more win. Thumbsup
your scale is off - 250% at least.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Kim I'm glad you are back! Big Grin You always make me think from new perspectives, a little clearer.
13-06-2012, 09:49 AM
(13-06-2012 09:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-06-2012 09:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  Geez, KC, you need to get out more. Big Grin

What method of baptism does that particular sect use?
"all-over" == full immersion
"foot-washing" == dunk the feet

I had kind of thought that's what you're talking about... but... I've never heard of a denomination that exclusively washes feet as a form of baptism.

There is sprinkling, pouring, and dunking.

Southern Baptists (my church) dunk. Exclusively. They think it's the only way. I, however, believe differently.
Hose? Shower? Bucket?

If you live in a desert, can you be a baptist?

I suppose you could just collect the water after it runs off your sweaty body again...

But then it's holy baptismal water after that... might be evil to drink it or pee it out... or maybe it makes your insides holy...

Maybe flowers grow where you pee... after baptism...
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
13-06-2012, 09:53 AM
(13-06-2012 09:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  There is sprinkling, pouring, and dunking.

Yep; pervy. I wonder if their pay sites feature 2 Baptists and a cup? Shocking

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
13-06-2012, 12:20 PM
(13-06-2012 09:53 AM)kim Wrote:  
(13-06-2012 09:46 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  There is sprinkling, pouring, and dunking.

Yep; pervy. I wonder if their pay sites feature 2 Baptists and a cup? Shocking
[Image: a29d98e5.gif]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
13-06-2012, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2012 09:55 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(13-06-2012 09:38 AM)kim Wrote:  
(13-06-2012 02:50 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Egor was profoundly offending and upsetting people. He had to be pulled into line.

You are completely incorrect in this view. I know... I watched a great deal of it.

Egor was more than profoundly offending - his behavior was completely disgraceful and inhumane. However no one pulled him "into line". Egor got his own shit together all by himself. And he worked damn fucking hard on it... he's still kooky, but at least he's thinking and developing himself. It is of course all about the self.

When you debate, does someone pull you into line, Mark? Someone may suggest an alternate view which you must then consider and put through your personal process of rational thought, and only then if you logically come up with a revised perspective, do you change your mind. The only person you can control is yourself. The only mind you can change is your own.

One can have an influence on another.
Given the choice of having a bone-headed moron guiding other passive morons through ridiculous and abhorrent literature, or providing those passive morons with a bone-headed moron capable of logical thought, who may be able to suggest an alternative view which he can teach them to consider in a rational manner... I choose bone-headed moron number two.

I look to Kingsy to activate a couple of atrophied brain cells in his retarded, Christee suck-ups idea hungry students, and quite possibly provide some germination of rational thought and logic for their addled minds to begin to ponder their own path of escape. True, he could very well just heap erroneous fuel onto an already Earth scorching blaze, but teaching people to think logically and rationally is all I expect of a teacher.

If you convey to someone how to think, you are a teacher... if you convey to someone what to think, you are a preacher. This seems to be a confusing issue for some. I guess I'm lucky; my retard big brother is a Master Teacher; he teaches teachers to teach. He's still a fucking retard. Dodgy

Kim, I totally agree with you. You and i are saying the same thing. Maybe I just haven't expressed it as well as you

And, yes, people do successfully pull me into line. That is one of the main reasons i am here...to learn from others. I agree that we all need to be big enough to accept criticism. I agree with you about Egor...his comments were extremely offensive, yet lately he has learnt to say what he has to without being offensive, hence very little more commentary from me about him, only his ideas.

I'm wondering whether you think I have been too harsh on KC? I have no desire to offend him per se. I know he is well liked, and I too appreciate his integrity and honesty. Nevertheless, in my opinion, people who preach Christianity to others should be criticised, no matter how nice and genuine they are. I'm not alone in that view. I think I have a right to express that view, and KC has an open forum on which he can justify himself and criticise me (although preferably my arguments) if he so chooses in return.

A forum such as ours shouldn't be a social club where we inflate each other's egos (in my opinion), but should be a place where real world issues are openly discussed.

In my opinion, if the "good Christians" aren't challenged, the toxic nonsense will continue to be preached in churches, the media and schools. Change only happens if enough people make it happen. End of rant.

ps (not quite end of rant LOL) Bone headed moron no 2 is still an issue in our world. Just because catching the flu is better than contracting cancer, we should still immunise against the flu. Why not strongly and clearly articulate our atheist opinions, yet still show respect for our opponents?
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
13-06-2012, 11:58 PM
(13-06-2012 08:30 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-06-2012 02:39 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  They are innocent in the sense they are looking for answers. There ain't no answers worth knowing in the bible. That should be general knowledge, but unfortunately most people don't realise it. Offering them the bible too often precludes them finding real answers to problems. That is wrong.

I'm prejudiced here. They ain't looking for answers, they're looking for confirmation. And right and wrong are local concerns. Like how if I'm exposed to someone asking questions of math and science, I gotta go come up with some answers for 'em. It's the curse of being a "natural born mathematician." Can't help it. Cause math is love and joy and stuff; I ain't sharing math so much as love and joy. So even if I'm wrong, I can't be wrong. That's the read I get off KC. It would be more wrong to suppress his natural tendency to teach.

HOC...I hear you. I wouldn't presume to suggest he shouldn't teach. It is WHAT he wants to teach that is the issue. I guess that is what we should be discussing...is it moral/ethical to teach the bible? I say no.
Same as I would say "no" to people teaching kids that smoking is healthy.