So, I've been approved to start teaching in church again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2012, 01:03 PM
RE: So, I've been approved to start teaching in church again.
(16-06-2012 11:56 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I saw on your FB that you were teaching at PVB. I thought MTC had give you the ax.

GT! Where the hell have you been? Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-06-2012, 01:11 PM
(16-06-2012 01:03 PM)kim Wrote:  GT! Where the hell have you been? Smile
On the WC with his PDA writing SMSes to Fox News.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
17-06-2012, 04:25 AM
(16-06-2012 09:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Mark:

I just read everything and caught up on this thread.

I was going to reply, but, for the sake of my fingers and yours, let's just leave it at this.

I understand that you think what I believe is toxic. I don't ask you to change that. I understand that you don't dislike me but what I believe, and you resent what I believe under any context.

It's pointless to go tit for tat on this because we don't speak the same language. As Kim said, this was an update thread.

I don't dislike you nor was I offended. In the right context, I wouldn't mind going round with you on theistic issues

Cheers.
Hi KC, thankyou for your candid reply. It is really nice that we can like and respect each other even though we disagree.

I don't think we speak different languages. Any time you want to go "tit for tat" just tap me on the shoulder. Its a learning process for me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
17-06-2012, 05:58 AM
(11-06-2012 09:06 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I talked it out with the education minister yesterday.

One caveat though, I can only teach lessons according to the lesson plan. I cannot create my own lesson.

A fair compromise, I suppose. I guess Baptists are starting to soften their feelings towards dirty, filthy Calvinists.
Forgive me for not congratulating you but aren't you just being told that you can teach but only if you teach what they want to hear.

Whatever happened to Jefferson's marketplace of ideas? If you really bow over and give up your ideas just for the freedom to teach then maybe you don't care about truth as much as I thought you did.

If they are not willing to compete with your ideas on the marketplace then the people in your church don't give two damns about the truth and it says a lot about them.
[+] 4 users Like Godless's post
17-06-2012, 07:25 AM
(16-06-2012 01:00 PM)kim Wrote:  Hi Kingsy, I'm glad you see that Mark is completely justified on his position. As is everyone else who have advised you of their resentment of you possibly perpetuating notions which have been destructive to the entire history of humanity. It's good to know you respect the rest of the forum members as much as they respect you. If this place is about anything, it is about respect for the need to make oneself be understood - it may not be able to happen elsewhere in some of the member's lives.

As I think many may know, the only acknowledgement I make of faith is that it is a farcical ruse. Much of humanity has come to suffuse this farce with some sort of trust, in lieu of mutual trust of humanity. I do not share this preoccupation. I have never been effected by it personally, and so it is irrelevant for me.

In a more broad sense, I do see it's path of destruction and view it to be just as appalling as as Mark. I am not really very acquainted with Mark, and I will not speak out of school where he is concerned. But there are many on this forum who have been personally impacted by this abominable victimization which you are delighted at the possibility of perpetuating. I trust you to understand this.

On this planet, in this time, nothing separates you and I. There is I and there is You humanity is shared; we are human beings. Nothing else. Further analogy could be superfluous but my point is important, at least to me... There is no word or notion between Human being - any thing would be conjecture, it would not contribute to the overall meaning, substance, or significance of either binary word. Anything between would only result in pulling those words apart and diminish significance of each. This is reflected much the way we have come to diminish ourselves, our humanity. Again - I trust you to understand this.

That said... curiosity will surly kill this ornery cat. Dodgy
I am interested -as is BeardedOne -maybe others- for an update on your educational endeavor to assist your fellow Christee companions down their delusional bunny trail. Tongue Might be a good guidepost to use the word Update in the title of the thread. Thumbsup

Boy, that Rodney King guy new what he was talking about, huh? Wink
Hey Kim, excellent writing! I'm encouraged you find Christianity as appalling as I do. At the recent atheist conference in Melbourne it was great to be amongst another 4000 people as passionate as myself about this.

Permit me to disagree with you about one thing. You think you haven't been personally effected by Christianity, but you don't live in a bubble. Even though people like us don't respect Christianity, we are surrounded by people who do. Christianity has shaped the western world. It is in the media every day. Millions of children are still educated in Christian schools. Churches and Christian schools are still effectively being funded with government (yours and mine) money.

It is still a powerful political force. It is possible another brain dead president, deluded with Christian ideas, may be in charge of the largest war machine in the world after the next USA election. There are powerful Christians in the USA dreaming about a war with Iran. That puts the future of the world at risk. That effects me, you and everyone else directly.

Oops...I'm ranting. Please disagree with me if you want.

Kim, I'll tell you a little about me. I don't usually talk about myself ( I have assumed it is just not that interesting), but perhaps you and others might be interested in whether Christianity has directly effected my life. Ten years ago, I would have said no, but I am now sure it has. I was raised in a very loving family, my parents were catholic, and we went through the motions of catholicism. What I'm really pissed off with now was the indoctrination at school...the suppression of individuality, the time wasting, the prayers, the "religious education" ( what a waste of time!) and the hypocrisy. So much...bullshit! None of it was based on truth.

As a teenager I'm embarrassed to say I was mildly homophobic and sexist, and yes, I blame my Christian upbringing for that

By the time I went to university I was ill prepared for real life and lacking in confidence.

I'm well aware Christian kids have worse and better experiences than this. Yet why should any innocent youngster be exposed to this toxic gibberish? As a kid I intuitively knew it was rubbish, but didn't have the maturity or the self confidence to make a stand. I would have been hit (by teachers) if I did.

Seven years ago I decided to find out about the real facts about Christianity. It took me 6 months to realise just how much I didn't know. By then, though, I was hooked. The history fascinated me. I tried to be objective, but the more I learnt, the more shocked I became at the massive fraud that was instigated using (amongst other things) the bible.

I've concluded that the whole circus has always been about the exploitation of people. In my own case, they were trying to brainwash me so I became a paying, obedient member of their community.

I feel compelled to share what I have learnt, not because I have a chip on my shoulder (its there, but its small,) but because I want to stop the psychological damage and the exploitation of people.

My hope is that some Christians, when exposed to a mountain of facts debunking their beliefs, will wake up and free themselves. I have no wish to make them feel small or offend them. The average Christian and some of the "workers" are not to be blamed. It is the liars, the rich exploiters at the top of the piles, that I seriously dislike. I don't begrudge anyone earning a buck, but when its made by exploitation that's different.
17-06-2012, 01:13 PM
(17-06-2012 07:25 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Permit me to disagree with you about one thing. You think you haven't been personally effected by Christianity, but you don't live in a bubble. Even though people like us don't respect Christianity, we are surrounded by people who do.

It's correct no one lives in a bubble and as I previously stated: "In a more broad sense, I do see it's path of destruction." and I proceeded to elaborate on the effects of superstitious belief on me and on those around me.

I believe my statement within context was: "the only acknowledgement I make of faith is that it is a farcical ruse. Much of humanity has come to suffuse this farce with some sort of trust, in lieu of mutual trust of humanity. I do not share this preoccupation. I have never been effected by it personally, and so it is irrelevant for me."

"Effected by it personally" refers to having never attributed any kind of power to faith the way many let themselves do. I said nothing about Christianity itself, nor will I jump onto anyone's band wagon, especially considering I never have. I give myself far more credit than something that doesn't exist.

I appreciated your story and encourage you to continue your activism. Smile
You need to fight in your own way -it's what you need to do. I have to fight the way I can.
I'm ok with both our separate strategies - if that is how one needs to see it. I might be at one's side... but I am on no one's side. Shy

HOLY SHIT!
As I'm writing this.... I just heard on the radio that Rodney King was just found dead at the bottom of a swimming pool. Ohmy

Well. Yea. Can't we all just get along?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
17-06-2012, 01:21 PM
(17-06-2012 01:13 PM)kim Wrote:  Well. Yea. Can't we all just get along?
Apparently not. Sadcryface2

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Hey, I only expect you fuckers to get along with me the same way I've always been able to get along with me. Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like kim's post
17-06-2012, 02:17 PM
(17-06-2012 01:33 PM)kim Wrote:  Hey, I only expect you fuckers to get along with me the same way I've always been able to get along with me. Dodgy
So... do you ever smack yourself over the head? I ask merely for information...
17-06-2012, 02:36 PM
(17-06-2012 02:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(17-06-2012 01:33 PM)kim Wrote:  Hey, I only expect you fuckers to get along with me the same way I've always been able to get along with me. Dodgy
So... do you ever smack yourself over the head? I ask merely for information...

Only for entertainment and educational purposes. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post