So, I've been approved to start teaching in church again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2012, 01:26 PM
RE: So, I've been approved to start teaching in church again.
No dude. You're fireproof.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
11-06-2012, 01:27 PM
.........and congrats on getting back to something that holds meaning to ya!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
11-06-2012, 01:38 PM
(11-06-2012 12:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm pretty sure it's just that all the flame fuel has been exhausted on me. Wink

Nah... we just like to ration the fuel for important stuff. Shy
Whatever you do ... that's your thing, Kingsy... why should you be flamed for being yourself, when you don't blast others out of the water for being themselves?
The Forum members react to your issue itself, not your faith. We share humanity and the struggle of individuality in relation to humanity. Mutual respect is usually self evident -should be entirely enough for people to refrain from tearing each other to bits.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
11-06-2012, 02:37 PM
I would be very interested to sit in on these classes. I enjoy (although I can get frustrated by) learning how other people think. You have been a member of an atheist forum for some time now and appear to have remained more or less the same theist as when you entered (albeit perhaps not your typical theist), and it would be interesting to hear your spin on these lesson plans (because let's face it, even if you are using someone else's lesson plan, it will have your opinions dripping all over it).

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
11-06-2012, 02:55 PM
(11-06-2012 02:37 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I would be very interested to sit in on these classes. I enjoy (although I can get frustrated by) learning how other people think. You have been a member of an atheist forum for some time now and appear to have remained more or less the same theist as when you entered (albeit perhaps not your typical theist), and it would be interesting to hear your spin on these lesson plans (because let's face it, even if you are using someone else's lesson plan, it will have your opinions dripping all over it).

I could probably share my outline with the forum whenever I'm about to teach.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
11-06-2012, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 03:36 PM by Bucky Ball.)
The Buckaneer wants ta know who gets to vote in this election.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
11-06-2012, 04:00 PM
(11-06-2012 03:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Buckaneer wants ta know who gets to vote in this election.
That's the weird bit. It's this code word for the empty set they have Tongue Apparently, according to the writings, the empty set voted in the election.
11-06-2012, 04:02 PM
(11-06-2012 04:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 03:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The Buckaneer wants ta know who gets to vote in this election.
That's the weird bit. It's this code word for the empty set they have Tongue Apparently, according to the writings, the empty set voted in the election.

Don't think it's really much of a democracy... which, I respect. Churches aren't supposed to be democratic. They're supposed to be elder led.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
11-06-2012, 04:20 PM
(11-06-2012 12:40 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 12:36 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Wow, what a great forum this is.

A Christian can come onto an atheist forum and talk about how he is going back to teaching in the church, and not get flamed for it. Quite the opposite actually.
I'm pretty sure it's just that all the flame fuel has been exhausted on me. Wink
Appologies in advance, but I couldn't resist getting in a few shots above and below the belt.
I think more that many atheists are just curious about these things. Psychologists don't judge people with mental illness as much as study it and try to help them.
It is interesting to see people who are basically rational in most ways, but hold beliefs in a god and afterlife based on nothing more than others have the belief. So much so, that they are willing to teach it to still others as if it was fact, just as they were taught.
Be sure and start off with the story of your conversion from atheism. That will give you some street credit, just like Lee Strobel.
You can also use your experiences here to warn the faithful of the dangers of free thinking. Don't read the bible on your own and form questions. Satan finds a way in when you open the mind and question the word of god. You'll even accept things like gay marriage and evolution as fact.
Good luck with the instruction.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 3 users Like Thomas's post
11-06-2012, 05:10 PM
(11-06-2012 04:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 04:00 PM)morondog Wrote:  That's the weird bit. It's this code word for the empty set they have Tongue Apparently, according to the writings, the empty set voted in the election.

Don't think it's really much of a democracy... which, I respect. Churches aren't supposed to be democratic. They're supposed to be elder led.
That is true. Truth is not found by votes. (agumentum ad populum falacy)...(Elders are elected tho, are they not ? .. so the action of the Spirit through the members, at least at some point is recognized ?) But I meant THE election. I was being sarcastic. The elders certainly don't vote on who's in or who's out, (of heaven). Or do they ? And speaking of election, in all seriousness, (and not disrespectfully), can you actually imagine those two kids are NOT "elected" ? Undecided

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche