So, I've been approved to start teaching in church again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2012, 09:07 AM
RE: So, I've been approved to start teaching in church again.
(12-06-2012 08:55 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Shame on you for pretentiously condemning my chosen path.

Leads to damnation, son. Guy's trying to save yer soul. Big Grin

I'm thinking the problem with Mark is in doing all that research. Focusing like that develops the "us versus them" mentality, and when you start sounding Christiany, it brings out the generic anti-Christian attitude. I'm thinking. OC, the guy can speak for himself, but he got himself mired in that kind perspective in the past, with Egor.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-06-2012, 09:17 AM
As HOC said, it is very easy to fall into the category of disliking religion to the point of despising its propagation and/or continued existence. Especially when there are numerous reasons to hate organized religion (like the Catholic church's ban on condoms in Africa and opposition to birth control) and a lot of reasons as yet unmentioned from personal experiences with religion.

It is important to separate the individual from the belief system. I despise religion, but not the individuals who follow religion, just like I despise Conservatives, but not the individuals that follow it. I disagree with most of what religion teaches, but I don't know what you are going to be teaching, which is why I am interested to see. If your sermons are anti-gay, I'm going to be upset, but my guess is that the baptist church you will be teaching at will probably leave hot-button topics like that off of the table so as to avoid controversy.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
12-06-2012, 09:29 AM
KC is pro gay. Pro gay marriage pro everything.

Basically take atheist, insert extra dose of HoC level weird, stir in some Christian words = KC. Doubt he would ever teach an anti gay message.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
12-06-2012, 09:40 AM
It was just an example.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
12-06-2012, 09:57 AM
(11-06-2012 05:10 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-06-2012 04:02 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Don't think it's really much of a democracy... which, I respect. Churches aren't supposed to be democratic. They're supposed to be elder led.
That is true. Truth is not found by votes. (agumentum ad populum falacy)...(Elders are elected tho, are they not ? .. so the action of the Spirit through the members, at least at some point is recognized ?) But I meant THE election. I was being sarcastic. The elders certainly don't vote on who's in or who's out, (of heaven). Or do they ? And speaking of election, in all seriousness, (and not disrespectfully), can you actually imagine those two kids are NOT "elected" ? Undecided

Elders are chosen by the pastor. Election is done by God.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
12-06-2012, 09:57 AM
(12-06-2012 08:59 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Only 2 more weeks til you get to do the horizontal mambo with the wife? It seems like I had to wait forever!!!!

Yeah... it's that whole "waiting to heal" thing after having a baby. It sucks.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
12-06-2012, 09:59 AM
(12-06-2012 09:17 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  As HOC said, it is very easy to fall into the category of disliking religion to the point of despising its propagation and/or continued existence. Especially when there are numerous reasons to hate organized religion (like the Catholic church's ban on condoms in Africa and opposition to birth control) and a lot of reasons as yet unmentioned from personal experiences with religion.

It is important to separate the individual from the belief system. I despise religion, but not the individuals who follow religion, just like I despise Conservatives, but not the individuals that follow it. I disagree with most of what religion teaches, but I don't know what you are going to be teaching, which is why I am interested to see. If your sermons are anti-gay, I'm going to be upset, but my guess is that the baptist church you will be teaching at will probably leave hot-button topics like that off of the table so as to avoid controversy.

I understand, but I just assumed, because of his intelligence, that Mark was beyond hypocrisy. He is acting no different that religious zealots who condemn an atheistic lifestyle.

12-06-2012, 10:01 AM
There ain't no "beyond hypocrisy." How you supposed to know another man's shoes don't fit, ya don't go for a stroll in 'em?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2012, 10:03 AM
(12-06-2012 09:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  KC is pro gay. Pro gay marriage pro everything.

Basically take atheist, insert extra dose of HoC level weird, stir in some Christian words = KC. Doubt he would ever teach an anti gay message.

The funny thing is that I was actually very anti-gay before studying the Bible. The more I understood about God the less hostile I was towards people who believed differently.

I finally arrived at the point I am now when I accepted that God created everything - good and bad; and nothing that He created can ever be condemned by me.

12-06-2012, 10:04 AM
(12-06-2012 09:57 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(12-06-2012 08:59 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Only 2 more weeks til you get to do the horizontal mambo with the wife? It seems like I had to wait forever!!!!

Yeah... it's that whole "waiting to heal" thing after having a baby. It sucks.

You're saying, "Two more LONG weeks to go!"

QC is saying, "Damn. Only two more weeks? Time sure does fly by." Sad

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post