So, I've been approved to start teaching in church again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2012, 06:18 AM
RE: So, I've been approved to start teaching in church again.
(14-06-2012 04:57 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(13-06-2012 09:38 AM)kim Wrote:  You are completely incorrect in this view. I know... I watched a great deal of it.

Egor was more than profoundly offending - his behavior was completely disgraceful and inhumane. However no one pulled him "into line". Egor got his own shit together all by himself. And he worked damn fucking hard on it... he's still kooky, but at least he's thinking and developing himself. It is of course all about the self.

When you debate, does someone pull you into line, Mark? Someone may suggest an alternate view which you must then consider and put through your personal process of rational thought, and only then if you logically come up with a revised perspective, do you change your mind. The only person you can control is yourself. The only mind you can change is your own.

One can have an influence on another.
Given the choice of having a bone-headed moron guiding other passive morons through ridiculous and abhorrent literature, or providing those passive morons with a bone-headed moron capable of logical thought, who may be able to suggest an alternative view which he can teach them to consider in a rational manner... I choose bone-headed moron number two.

I look to Kingsy to activate a couple of atrophied brain cells in his retarded, Christee suck-ups idea hungry students, and quite possibly provide some germination of rational thought and logic for their addled minds to begin to ponder their own path of escape. True, he could very well just heap erroneous fuel onto an already Earth scorching blaze, but teaching people to think logically and rationally is all I expect of a teacher.

If you convey to someone how to think, you are a teacher... if you convey to someone what to think, you are a preacher. This seems to be a confusing issue for some. I guess I'm lucky; my retard big brother is a Master Teacher; he teaches teachers to teach. He's still a fucking retard. Dodgy
Egor would probably be still promoting his own version of Christian mumbo jumbo if the patient tolerant people on TTA forum had refused to engage him in conversation. Yes, he eventually did some admirable self analysis, but only after a lot of people here put in a lot of effort to help him. So sorry, I can't agree that he reformed all by himself.

If we are tolerant and respectful of others, if we listen and understand, I believe we can change the minds of others. That requires patience, persistence, a knowledge of facts and skill in communication. Consider how 50 years ago homophobia was the norm. Things changed only because many brave people persistently stood up for what they believed was right.

I totally, 100% agree with you about the merit of teaching people how to think, not what to think.

I am in agreement.If I had not watched some of the stuuf I watched a read peoples opinions on things, I probably still would be a fundie.

They didn't change me by themselves, I had to connect the dots, but if I hadn't read or watched some of the debates and documentaries, I probably would have been a fundie.

While it's true that you can only change yourself fully. You make that decision. You are the only one controling you, but there are outside forces, like people's opinions, and facts that help you start to think about making a change.

This is not to say about the particular case though, I just got back on after almost two years of never going back to this site.

Sorry if I am getting in a place where I shouldn't, just thought I'd interject a thought.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
14-06-2012, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2012 12:37 PM by kim.)
I run the risk of appearing to give a shit. Undecided

(14-06-2012 04:25 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  God is irrelevant to my personal life too. Yet he fucks up my world and my fellow man's thoughts, health and welfare.
I see that people think some God does stuff and I make no apologies for not giving some God credit for doing stuff. My stance on this may be the only power over that idiotic horse shit I possess. Manly yes, but I like it, too. Dodgy

(14-06-2012 04:25 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I'm talking about 9/11, wars in the middle east, misogyny, homophobia, attacks on science, belief in prayer, miracles, pedophile protection, time wasting, financial scams, poor physical health, juvenile mortality, poor mental health, abortion and crime. All of these are associated with Christianity.
These things are associated with people whether the field is broadened or narrowed.

(14-06-2012 04:25 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Why, then, are not more of us atheists doing something about it?

Something. I am here, for me and maybe others, that's something.

(14-06-2012 04:25 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  I hear you about living the change I hope for the world. Please help me do that by pulling me up if you think I step out of line.
There is no line.
ok, here ________________________ here's a line. Step where you feel a need to step. I'm being silly - I don't even know what I wrote. Dodgy

You implore me to help you live in some way. I suppose it's tempting... but nah... you're fine figuring out your shit on your own. Have some fun Mark... this forum is also about being in a comfortable atmosphere to express one's self and ideas without ridicule.
I know there's a fun Mark around here somewhere. I'm sure I've seen him. Wink

@Atothetheist

Atothetheist - I've seen you around lately and I've been meaning to say hi. Shy

I have notice a couple of things you've written and have appreciated your clarity. It's great you could make it back here after two years - I'll bet a lot of changes have taken place for you in that time!
There's a lot going on around the forums these days... recently, they've posted a map that you can put your location on. It's nice to know that this is an international site, and we can see even the numbers of this forum growing. It's encouraging. Thumbsup

Well, since it's been a while ... a long while...

Welcome back to the forum. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-06-2012, 05:54 PM
(14-06-2012 12:32 PM)kim Wrote:  @Atothetheist

Atothetheist - I've seen you around lately and I've been meaning to say hi. Shy

I have notice a couple of things you've written and have appreciated your clarity. It's great you could make it back here after two years - I'll bet a lot of changes have taken place for you in that time!
There's a lot going on around the forums these days... recently, they've posted a map that you can put your location on. It's nice to know that this is an international site, and we can see even the numbers of this forum growing. It's encouraging. Thumbsup

Well, since it's been a while ... a long while...

Welcome back to the forum. Smile
Certainly. I made this account when I was 13. I have been busy between then. Ya know, with the coming out to my mom and dad... And my class...

Thanks for the compliment, although, I feel underserving of it seeing as I enjoy your posts, and you complimenting me makes me feel a bit better on sharing my opinion.. I feel like I am going to be wrong when I post, so I am glad that I finally nutted up into posting about religion.

I hope that I can make the time on this forum worthwhile everytime I *Try* to post.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 4 users Like Atothetheist's post
15-06-2012, 04:13 PM
(14-06-2012 05:54 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I hope that I can make the time on this forum worthwhile every time I *Try* to post.

Every experience has value. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
15-06-2012, 09:41 PM
(15-06-2012 04:13 PM)kim Wrote:  
(14-06-2012 05:54 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I hope that I can make the time on this forum worthwhile every time I *Try* to post.

Every experience has value. Thumbsup
That's what she said. Huh Confused Blush

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
16-06-2012, 09:15 AM
Mark:

I just read everything and caught up on this thread.

I was going to reply, but, for the sake of my fingers and yours, let's just leave it at this.

I understand that you think what I believe is toxic. I don't ask you to change that. I understand that you don't dislike me but what I believe, and you resent what I believe under any context.

It's pointless to go tit for tat on this because we don't speak the same language. As Kim said, this was an update thread.

I don't dislike you nor was I offended. In the right context, I wouldn't mind going round with you on theistic issues

Cheers.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-06-2012, 09:42 AM
(16-06-2012 09:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  for the sake of my fingers and yours, let's just leave it at this.
That's what she said Hobo
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
16-06-2012, 11:56 AM
I saw on your FB that you were teaching at PVB. I thought MTC had give you the ax.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
16-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Good post, KC.

And not stirring anything up but you left one question: what is the right context to discuss atheism if not at TTA?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
16-06-2012, 01:00 PM
Hi Kingsy, I'm glad you see that Mark is completely justified on his position. As is everyone else who have advised you of their resentment of you possibly perpetuating notions which have been destructive to the entire history of humanity. It's good to know you respect the rest of the forum members as much as they respect you. If this place is about anything, it is about respect for the need to make oneself be understood - it may not be able to happen elsewhere in some of the member's lives.

As I think many may know, the only acknowledgement I make of faith is that it is a farcical ruse. Much of humanity has come to suffuse this farce with some sort of trust, in lieu of mutual trust of humanity. I do not share this preoccupation. I have never been effected by it personally, and so it is irrelevant for me.

In a more broad sense, I do see it's path of destruction and view it to be just as appalling as as Mark. I am not really very acquainted with Mark, and I will not speak out of school where he is concerned. But there are many on this forum who have been personally impacted by this abominable victimization which you are delighted at the possibility of perpetuating. I trust you to understand this.

On this planet, in this time, nothing separates you and I. There is I and there is You humanity is shared; we are human beings. Nothing else. Further analogy could be superfluous but my point is important, at least to me... There is no word or notion between Human being - any thing would be conjecture, it would not contribute to the overall meaning, substance, or significance of either binary word. Anything between would only result in pulling those words apart and diminish significance of each. This is reflected much the way we have come to diminish ourselves, our humanity. Again - I trust you to understand this.

That said... curiosity will surly kill this ornery cat. Dodgy
I am interested -as is BeardedOne -maybe others- for an update on your educational endeavor to assist your fellow Christee companions down their delusional bunny trail. Tongue Might be a good guidepost to use the word Update in the title of the thread. Thumbsup

Boy, that Rodney King guy new what he was talking about, huh? Wink

[+] 2 users Like kim's post