So I was going to post this yesterday, .....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2014, 09:24 PM
So I was going to post this yesterday, .....
..... but it seemed disrespectful. One of the reasons I'm such a skeptic of authority is that we know a couple families that have lost sons in idiotic US military (mis) adventures. Yesterday I saw a shot of the Vietnam Memorial, and its 58,000 names. Fifty eight thousand god damn people dead. And for what ? Fifty fucking eight thousand people dead, and he says he thinks it was a fucking "mistake" ? Why would anyone ever listen to ANY of the generals EVER again ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-05-2014, 02:25 AM
RE: So I was going to post this yesterday, .....
Point 1 Robert McNamara was not a General (he just thought he knew better than all of them).

Point 2 Vietnam was a political disaster not a military one.

Point 3 Henry Kissinger is a war criminal and should be in jail not on the rubber steak circuit.

Point 4 Vietnam was a mistake, but usually not for the reasons people like Mr McNamara think.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
28-05-2014, 04:23 AM
Almost every war in history was a mistake if you ask meDodgy

(but seriously though he should not be that much of an ass)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-05-2014, 06:49 AM
The war was not a military disaster for the Vietcong. They won.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
28-05-2014, 07:21 AM
I don't see the problem with the guy in the video's comments. I think they're fair and I would agree with him.

You do what you think is right at the time with the information you have at the time.
I'm sure there would have been second thoughts regarding WW1, for example, if people knew before it started how many people were going to be killed.
I'm sure Hitler regretted operation Barbarossa. I'm sure the Japanese regretted hitting Purl Harbor when all the US navy's aircraft carriers were out of port.

It's easy to look back after something has happened and you've seen how it's played out and you can say "that was a mistake".
That's what we do, trial and error.

Does that mean those that died in Vietnam died for nothing?
Well it depends on your point of view. America went into 'Nam because they believed if 'Nam fell to communism than the rest of south Asia would too.
Yes they were ultimately wrong. BUT if you want to take that route it could be argued that those men and women died trying to protect the freedoms and liberties of the Vietnamese people. Yes they lost, but they tried.
If trying to protect a countries people's freedoms and liberties is worth all those dead people (in your opinion), than no they didn't die for nothing.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post