So I went to Gamestop yesterday...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2013, 02:27 PM
RE: So I went to Gamestop yesterday...
A number of people are getting fed up with the game now that the modders have pretty much taken over the online portion -- making themselves invincible, putting billion-dollar bounties on people, etc. I'll probably end up getting banned at some point in the next few days because a couple of modders dumped $100 million on me at random, but I already got all the online trophies anyway.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2014, 10:07 AM
(23-12-2013 11:35 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  ...and lo and behold, there was a pre-owned copy of GTA V sitting on the shelf.

PRE-OWNED!

I mean, I haven't played it yet, but from what I've heard about it, who the fuck in their right mind is going to be like "yeah, one month was enough with this bad boy, time to return him to the store." Da fuq?

This is because GameStop gives back a lot of money (relatively speaking) during the first month a game is out because it's how GameStop makes their money--from the hard work of other people.

That enticement encourages many to trade in games in relatively short time, wherein GameStop charges nearly full price for the game, gouging consumers and ripping off developers and publishers.

No offense to you specifically, but when people buy a game used to save $5 when the makers of the game still have the chance to make money on it, said cheap consumers are assholes in my view. I champion used game sales for older generations where you cannot get them new anymore and buying them either way in no way affects the income of the developers and publishers. But if a dev or publisher can still make money off the purchase, and you're only really "saving" yourself $5, buy new. Support the industry.

Better yet, buy digital. Cut GameStop out completely.

This is the signature.

http://www.FromNothingGameStudios.com
03-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Re: So I went to Gamestop yesterday...
May be someone who loved GTA in the past but no longer gets that same enjoyment out of sandbox style games.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
03-01-2014, 07:15 PM
GTA 5 is a great game. Personally I loved the storyline. Music is awesome. Online portion... I suppose it can be fun depending on what you're after. I haven't played the online yet, but I think I would get bored easily on it. My partner loves it all, but still maintains that GTA 4 is the best one (the one with Nikolai the Russian).

I have seen that hackers are a pain in the backside. I don't know why they just can't play the game. But that is the nature of an idiot and a troll.

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
03-01-2014, 08:16 PM
I still play it almost daily. I'm bored of the cars and bikes, but driving around in loaders flipping over cars and lifting people in the scoop is fun.

I also spend my time riding around on a BMX because its faster than on foot, and you can jump over obstacles and go places that cars cant, while still being able to basically fall from any height.

Playing golf is also pretty good, still havent tried the tennis, armwrestling, darts, etc.

I also like to hunt people with the high powered sniper rifle and advanced scope. Sometimes I won't even shoot them... I'll just call up some mercenaries on them and then watch from a distance as they get ambushed.

Escaping from players or cops into the subway on a motorcycle when cars can't get past the turnstyle is also pretty sweet.

Calling in an "off the radar", so I can just casually walk upto players without being seen on the radar. I just dress like any NPC, walk up and club, bottle, or stab em. Good times.
03-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Regardless, who in their right fucking mind is going to take GTA V back to GAMESTOP? They'll only give you like five bucks. Total rip off.

Instead of bending over for a few bucks (unless you like it that way,) put that bad boy up on Amazon and get your money's worth back.

I just took Borderlands 2 GOTY back and I thought about getting GTA V. I went with Dishonored GOTY instead. Giving my old Dishonored to pizzaqueen.