So, I witnessed a murder.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2017, 07:27 AM
RE: So, I witnessed a murder.
Holy hell man, I'm sorry. Sad That's awful...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-08-2017, 07:40 AM
My introduction to New York City at age 17 on a school trip was waiting on the bus at a red light when a couple of guys ran up to a homeless guy sitting on the sidewalk and dousing him with gasoline and striking a match. The bus driver calmly got off the bus and put him out. I don't really remember anything after that.

But I still remember the look on that guy's face even 40+ years later.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 4 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
11-08-2017, 09:21 AM
(11-08-2017 12:45 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 11:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I was visiting my boyfriend at his apartment complex and heard his next door neighbor being murdered. I heard her last scream. We were reading in bed and the murder was on the other side of his bedroom wall, probably 10 feet away. I'll never forget it. The guy who murdered her shot her in the head with a gun. I'm not sure whether the scream was just before she was shot or what but to this day I can hear it in my head. The gun shot wasn't very loud. I'm not sure why that was.

Anyway, the guy who shot her (he was her husband) was going by an alias. His real last name was Deathrage. I'm sure it was pronounced more like "Deathrige" but still....that name!

My boyfriend at the time talked to the police the next morning and later testified in court. There wasn't much information he and I could give the police. Just that we heard her scream and die. It was horrible.

I'm sorry KC. Talk about it to someone who will listen and then go do something that might take your mind off of things.

Jebus!

That scream would haunt me well until the end of my life i guess, if that happened to me. Shocking Gasp

It has. I can still hear the scream. It was a sort of combination of a scream and a moan. The gunshot was just a pop sound. That's not what I remember so much. It was her last dying scream that was so horrible. Probably 10 feet away from me, on the other side of a not very well built bedroom wall in a crappy apartment complex.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
11-08-2017, 03:38 PM
That's awful!

As an alcoholic, I'd hate to advocate the use of bourbon. I'll make an exception for you.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
11-08-2017, 03:47 PM
(10-08-2017 08:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I pulled up in the parking lot seconds after a trucker was shot. He looked dead... completely pale white, but EMTs said he died in the hospital.

Kind of a surreal experience.

Oh, and story and the news interviewing me here:

http://www.wbrz.com/videos/out-of-town-t...ry-tuesday

That sucks. I watched my mother die. I don't care how it happens, witnessing death is never easy. But it has to be a different kind of stress like you went through. I do not envy you.

Not sure how you will handle it long term, but just like the battlefield in war, you need to think about PTSD.

Do what you need to do to cope. It is ok if you recognize it it is affecting you. The key is not "tough it out" 100% of the day. Just talking about it to friends and family can help. If you need to talk to a professional that is ok too.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
11-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Dayum, Kingsy Sad

Wish you'd found your way onto TV under different circumstances. Undecided

Hug

12-08-2017, 09:03 AM
That's just awful. I spent yesterday driving back from vacation. Got caught in traffic just outside the beltway and what should have been the last 3 hours of the drive turned into over 6 as I sat in bumper-to-bumper traffic from northern VA to just about my driveway (which is just north of Philadelphia). And then I read this.

This story gives you a whole lot of perspective. That poor man. Minding his own business, trying to do his job, and some fucking asshole comes and shoots him for no reason at all. I'm generally not in favor of the death penalty but that scumbag deserves whatever happens to him, and more.

Sorry you had to see that.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost