So, I write... sorta...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2011, 10:42 PM
So, I write... sorta...
I write here and there, and I've started a book like 5 times. I just lack the fortitude to actually finish anything. But, what the heck... I've got nothing to lose by sharing.

Oh yeah, a few things:
1) While they are *mostly* proofread, there are still typeos, grammar errors, consistency errors, and crap I just flat out need to change. My Mash-Up story has actually been heavily edited; however, I just haven't implemented the changes yet.
2) I realize that it's not very good.
3) Yes, they're long as well.
4) You are in no way obligated to read or like what I write, but if you do read it, I would ask for an honest critique.
5) No, it's not religious. It's mostly Sci-Fi.

****The stories start at the LAST entry because of how the blog is set up. You'll need to go back to my FIRST entry of the blog to start at the beginning.****

#1 - My End of the World Story

#2 - My Mash-Up Story

#3 - My Short Story

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
13-12-2011, 10:51 PM
RE: So, I write... sorta...
Dude, my first thought while reading the end of the world story was you could probably turn this into a screenplay without a lot more work. Do it as a nouveau film noir meets 1950's monster sci-fi with 21 century effects. You already have the characters, plot and protagonist's voice-overs. Probably don't really need a lot of special effects if you keep it all underground? Possibly a play...minimal sets, lots of dialogue. Excellente, my young Padawan.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
13-12-2011, 11:43 PM
(13-12-2011 10:51 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Dude, my first thought while reading the end of the world story was you could probably turn this into a screenplay without a lot more work. Do it as a nouveau film noir meets 1950's monster sci-fi with 21 century effects. You already have the characters, plot and protagonist's voice-overs. Probably don't really need a lot of special effects if you keep it all underground? Possibly a play...minimal sets, lots of dialogue. Excellente, my young Padawan.

Yeah, in my head I picture it as a movie.

As the story progresses, it evolves into a time-traveling alien battle.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
13-12-2011, 11:52 PM
(13-12-2011 11:43 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  As the story progresses, it evolves into a time-traveling alien battle.

Man, I wish every movie would do this. That would be sweet!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  are they selectively enforcing copy write law kunoxian drive 47 973 21-12-2012 07:03 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  Post here and I will ... uhm ... write you a poem Leela 41 1,063 11-11-2012 01:36 PM
Last Post: Vera