So I wrote my State Rep an e-mail

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2016, 05:12 PM
So I wrote my State Rep an e-mail
Which I've been meaning to do for a while.

Let's see if she picks up on it.

My beef???

People who ride around in their cars with their precious "babies" -- i.e. -mutts - running around roughshod in the vehicle.

It's called "distracted driving" -- and it's on par with talking or texting on a cellphone -- or even up there with drunk driving.

If you're one of these folks who do this and say "MY DOG IS PERFECT!!!! and would NEVER cause an accident" --- two words....

fuck you.

You are a fucking narcissistic cunt, who needs their ass kicked severely.

Your dog's companionship isn't worth the risk to other people. Period.

Ask Stephen King.....

I'm sure he'd be much more eloquent about the subject than I-- seeing some asshole with dogs running loose in his van, ran over Stephen.................

Of course - I was a little more "politic" in my e-mail to my rep.........

I'm hoping for a bit more than a simple form letter back.....

It's time to get a law on the books outlawing this kind of behavior....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
04-06-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: So I wrote my State Rep an e-mail
My money's on the form letter.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
04-06-2016, 09:24 PM
(04-06-2016 05:12 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Which I've been meaning to do for a while.

Let's see if she picks up on it.

My beef???

People who ride around in their cars with their precious "babies" -- i.e. -mutts - running around roughshod in the vehicle.

It's called "distracted driving" -- and it's on par with talking or texting on a cellphone -- or even up there with drunk driving.

If you're one of these folks who do this and say "MY DOG IS PERFECT!!!! and would NEVER cause an accident" --- two words....

fuck you.

You are a fucking narcissistic cunt, who needs their ass kicked severely.

Your dog's companionship isn't worth the risk to other people. Period.

Ask Stephen King.....

I'm sure he'd be much more eloquent about the subject than I-- seeing some asshole with dogs running loose in his van, ran over Stephen.................

Of course - I was a little more "politic" in my e-mail to my rep.........

I'm hoping for a bit more than a simple form letter back.....

It's time to get a law on the books outlawing this kind of behavior....

Yea, i cuss like a sailor, but I doubt you will get a response If you thought this was a cleaver way of saying, "Keep your eyes on the road" I doubt this will do it.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2016, 10:38 PM
I agree. My dog rides in the back seat and never stuck his head out the window either.

My friend is a vet, she's seen dogs lose an eye doing that.

And don't get me started on the people who drive around in trucks with the dog in the back.

And people who leave dogs in cars even for a minute...saw two today and it was 97 out. Owner came back to their car after running into the store to find the police breaking their window and animal control with cooling blankets and water. Dipshits.

And people who bring their fucking dog into a grocery store.

I get that service dogs should be allowed. But people pass off their mangy mutts, who are terribly behaved as a "service dog".

A service dog doesn't piss inside the store. An untrained precious pet will.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-06-2016, 06:04 AM
(04-06-2016 06:35 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  My money's on the form letter.

It'd be par for the course...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-06-2016, 06:14 AM
I also would guess that a form letter (read - dismissal) is forthcoming. I don't see it as an issue that any government entity is going to spend time on.

Makes me insane to see dogs riding in the back of trucks. There is no protection to the animal in the event of a wreck or even the need to swerve to avoid one.

I see a lot of people riding around with their dogs riding in their laps and looking out the driver side window...I don't see that as very safe. I admit that many years ago my golden would ride in the backseat and nothing bad ever happened to him or to me. I was young and didn't even think about the fact that in an accident he could have been hurt or he could have hurt me. But then...we were barely using seatbelts for people at that time and even car seats for kids weren't anywhere near being built for safety.

Now, and I know I am one of the crazy pet owners you seem to dislike, my dogs are only in the car when they need to go somewhere...and not for a joyride. It's a trip to the groomer or to the vet and no other reason. Every time they are crated even though the vet's office is only about two miles from my house, if that.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-06-2016, 06:43 AM
(05-06-2016 06:14 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I also would guess that a form letter (read - dismissal) is forthcoming. I don't see it as an issue that any government entity is going to spend time on.

Makes me insane to see dogs riding in the back of trucks. There is no protection to the animal in the event of a wreck or even the need to swerve to avoid one.

I see a lot of people riding around with their dogs riding in their laps and looking out the driver side window...I don't see that as very safe. I admit that many years ago my golden would ride in the backseat and nothing bad ever happened to him or to me. I was young and didn't even think about the fact that in an accident he could have been hurt or he could have hurt me. But then...we were barely using seatbelts for people at that time and even car seats for kids weren't anywhere near being built for safety.

Now, and I know I am one of the crazy pet owners you seem to dislike, my dogs are only in the car when they need to go somewhere...and not for a joyride. It's a trip to the groomer or to the vet and no other reason. Every time they are crated even though the vet's office is only about two miles from my house, if that.

I used to (as did lots of other people) drive around drunk - and was sure at the time (30 some years ago) that I was a better driver after a few belts.....

Of course I thought I was better looking, funnier and richer as well..................

People who think "I'm fine with Fido in my lap" are every bit as delusional as many of us used to be about drinking...

[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-06-2016, 07:22 AM
So, what are you recommending? Doggy seats? Or n dogs in cars? Or what?
05-06-2016, 07:34 AM
I agree this is a bad idea and creates a hazard for other drivers. But, that's a lot of anger for something that is not that big a problem. How did this get to be next on the list?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
05-06-2016, 08:44 AM
Quote:Dear Pleb:

Fuck the plebs!

Sincerely,

THE MGT

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.