So I wrote my State Rep an e-mail

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2016, 01:27 PM
RE: So I wrote my State Rep an e-mail
(05-06-2016 07:22 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  So, what are you recommending? Doggy seats? Or n dogs in cars? Or what?

[Image: dog-in-car.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
(05-06-2016 07:34 AM)BnW Wrote:  I agree this is a bad idea and creates a hazard for other drivers. But, that's a lot of anger for something that is not that big a problem. How did this get to be next on the list?

You'll quit thinking it's not a problem when some asshat runs you over, when they're more busy playing with their dog, than driving................

In this area - about 1 in 10 cars has a mutt running loose.

It pisses me off - because I've seen all sorts of people hurt, maimed and killed --- because they considered driving a "social event" - rather than the dangerous activity that it IS..........

Shut up, hang up the phone, put the mutt in the trunk, and drive the fucking car, OK????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-06-2016, 05:06 PM
Well, I obviously wouldn't be happy if I had an accident because someone had a dog on their lap. It just seems kind of low on the list of driving risks I need to worry about. Maybe it's a factor of where we each live. I live just outside of Philly and the northeastern US has some of the most aggressive drivers on the planet. The reason we don't watch NASCAR here is because we experience it every time we leave to get a quart of milk. So, dogs on the lap isn't high on my list of concerns.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
06-06-2016, 03:07 PM
This isn't high on my list of concerns, either, but one thing that is irritating to me personally is dogs hanging their heads out of passenger-side windows. I don't own a car -- I ride a bicycle -- and I've been scared nearly shitless numerous times by the sudden appearance of a dog barking into my left ear from inches away as the car passes me.

I like dogs, but some day this is going to cause me to crash my bike.
06-06-2016, 03:13 PM
(06-06-2016 03:07 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  This isn't high on my list of concerns, either, but one thing that is irritating to me personally is dogs hanging their heads out of passenger-side windows. I don't own a car -- I ride a bicycle -- and I've been scared nearly shitless numerous times by the sudden appearance of a dog barking into my left ear from inches away as the car passes me.

I like dogs, but some day this is going to cause me to crash my bike.

Not to mention getting a dog drool spray, in the slipstream......

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
06-06-2016, 03:19 PM
(05-06-2016 06:14 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Now, and I know I am one of the crazy pet owners you seem to dislike, my dogs are only in the car when they need to go somewhere...and not for a joyride. It's a trip to the groomer or to the vet and no other reason. Every time they are crated even though the vet's office is only about two miles from my house, if that.

I dont think OLB has an issue with you taking your pets to the groomer or the vet.

You're not driving around with them on your lap.

Just today, I saw a woman driving her kid to school, the dog in her lap with paws on the window barking like crazy.

She, the driver, almost hit someone walking toward the school.

It just sucks.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-06-2016, 03:27 PM
(06-06-2016 03:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 06:14 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Now, and I know I am one of the crazy pet owners you seem to dislike, my dogs are only in the car when they need to go somewhere...and not for a joyride. It's a trip to the groomer or to the vet and no other reason. Every time they are crated even though the vet's office is only about two miles from my house, if that.

I dont think OLB has an issue with you taking your pets to the groomer or the vet.

You're not driving around with them on your lap.

Just today, I saw a woman driving her kid to school, the dog in her lap with paws on the window barking like crazy.

She, the driver, almost hit someone walking toward the school.

It just sucks.

I don't have a problem with people being responsible...... If they have their dog restrained, or caged -- I don't see a problem......

But yeah -- when the dog is running around in the front seat - jumping in the driver's lap - and sticking it's head out the window and barking like a maniac ---- it starts pissing me off...........

Just like when I see somebody texting.......................

We had a 19 year old girl get splattered across the front of a semi - and smashed into a house on the corner - just up the street from us last month... Because she was texting - instead of driving..............

People seem to fail to remember --- Driving is the most dangerous activity the majority of people do in their lifetime - and most of them do it every day - like it's nothing...

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-06-2016, 03:35 PM
(05-06-2016 02:32 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It pisses me off - because I've seen all sorts of people hurt, maimed and killed --- because they considered driving a "social event" - rather than the dangerous activity that it IS..........

Shut up, hang up the phone, put the mutt in the trunk, and drive the fucking car, OK????

I have been hit by a car (while riding my bike) whose driver was busy doing something else rather than paying attention to the road. So I share the above sentiments.

Funny outcome, though -- I wasn't hurt at all, but my bike was destroyed. I'm willing to bet that the damage to her car was more than the total value of my bike. Replacement bike was about $550 (paid for by her insurance). She needed a new windshield (because my head put a hole in it), and that's got to be more than $550. The moral of the story: don't mess with me, cars!

Laugh out load
06-06-2016, 09:41 PM
(06-06-2016 03:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  People seem to fail to remember --- Driving is the most dangerous activity the majority of people do in their lifetime - and most of them do it every day - like it's nothing...

Yet you advocate for every Tom, Dick and Harry to have the privilege to carry lethal weaponry on their person at all times...like it's nothing.

I completely agree about the stupidity of allowing Fido to run rampant on their lap while I'm sharing the road with their stupid ass, but at the same time if you're going to rant about something that has to do with personal freedom and serious consequences to society and what should be done about it, perhaps... Oh, never mind. Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
06-06-2016, 10:02 PM
Okay, I preemptively call bullshit on my last post, it was obviously trollish and meant to derail. I don't take it back, but it should be ignored in fairness to this thread, biker, I apologise. I had a long day.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post