So I wrote my State Rep an e-mail

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2016, 05:50 AM
RE: So I wrote my State Rep an e-mail
(06-06-2016 10:02 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Okay, I preemptively call bullshit on my last post, it was obviously trollish and meant to derail. I don't take it back, but it should be ignored in fairness to this thread, biker, I apologise. I had a long day.

If it makes ya feel any better --- I'm also vehemently against people being careless with weaponry as well...........

That said -- a .357 magnum from a 6 inch barrel will deliver about 700 ft lbs of energy - and can travel a mile.

A 3000 lbs car traveling at 60 mph will deliver 363,000 ft/lbs of energy - and can probably travel up to 300 miles on one tank ---

Thus making a car's potential for destructive mischief magnatudes more than a pistol...

Math doesn't lie..

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2016, 06:13 AM
(07-06-2016 05:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 10:02 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Okay, I preemptively call bullshit on my last post, it was obviously trollish and meant to derail. I don't take it back, but it should be ignored in fairness to this thread, biker, I apologise. I had a long day.

If it makes ya feel any better --- I'm also vehemently against people being careless with weaponry as well...........

That said -- a .357 magnum from a 6 inch barrel will deliver about 700 ft lbs of energy - and can travel a mile.

A 3000 lbs car traveling at 60 mph will deliver 363,000 ft/lbs of energy - and can probably travel up to 300 miles on one tank ---

Thus making a car's potential for destructive mischief magnatudes more than a pistol...

Math doesn't lie..

Big Grin

In the wrong hands, agreed. That is why they are heavily regulated.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
07-06-2016, 09:06 AM
(07-06-2016 06:13 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 05:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  If it makes ya feel any better --- I'm also vehemently against people being careless with weaponry as well...........

Math doesn't lie..

Big Grin

In the wrong hands, agreed. That is why they are heavily regulated.
Uh..... No??

Any 16 year old can (with parental consent) obtain a driver's license - that would allow them to drive a Humvee..........

When it's harder to obtain a driver's license for cars, than it is to fly an aircraft (and it should be) --- THEN we can say it's regulated................

Right now - any moron with a bad attitude can drive a car...........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
07-06-2016, 01:37 PM
You have a point there. But the fact remains that vehicles aren't built for the purpose of killing.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
08-06-2016, 05:22 AM
(07-06-2016 01:37 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  You have a point there. But the fact remains that vehicles aren't built for the purpose of killing.

And yet ----

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/inde...ty_gr.html

They sure seem to do a good job of it........

(I know exactly where this happened - it's on the way to the shop I worked at back in the 90's.... only 15 miles from home..)

08-06-2016, 10:31 AM
(05-06-2016 02:32 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You'll quit thinking it's not a problem when some asshat runs you over, when they're more busy playing with their dog, than driving................

For you it's only an issue if the driver is the one holding the dog, or in charge of supervising it?

Not so much so if their another passenger in the car holding the dog, or watching it while it sits in the back or whatever? And what sort of laws would like to see being implemented here, perhaps the equivalent of car seats being required for dogs?

I also wonder if distracted driving as the result of a dog in the car, is any more threatening than distracted driving while eating.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
08-06-2016, 12:15 PM
(08-06-2016 10:31 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 02:32 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You'll quit thinking it's not a problem when some asshat runs you over, when they're more busy playing with their dog, than driving................

For you it's only an issue if the driver is the one holding the dog, or in charge of supervising it?

Not so much so if their another passenger in the car holding the dog, or watching it while it sits in the back or whatever? And what sort of laws would like to see being implemented here, perhaps the equivalent of car seats being required for dogs?

I also wonder if distracted driving as the result of a dog in the car, is any more threatening than distracted driving while eating.

Yes, eating or drinking while driving is a distraction -- but not quite as bad as a big dog jumping in the driver's lap, crushing his balls and obscuring his field of vision.....

08-06-2016, 12:49 PM
(08-06-2016 12:15 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yes, eating or drinking while driving is a distraction -- but not quite as bad as a big dog jumping in the driver's lap, crushing his balls and obscuring his field of vision.....

I'm not sure you can generalize like that. I think it depends on the meal.

[Image: Flintsones.jpg]

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
08-06-2016, 12:52 PM
If the dog I had growing up had lost his eye while looking out the window, I'm confident he would have jumped out and fetched it.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
02-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Necropost for a reason...

I actually got a snailmail reply from my rep... While I'm sure it's mostly computer generated -- at least it shows somebody in her office read what I wrote.... Good on her.....

[img][Image: schuitmaker_zpsjzmlnoau.jpg][/img]

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post