So "Jesus wept "

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2013, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2013 12:41 AM by BizzysaidAss.)
So "Jesus wept "
I never knew about this verse below and i don't believe in god or Jesus but this makes me lose respect for the Jesus I learned about growing up , that Jesus did not cry and had faith in his "father" when he was told he was to be crucified he was brave and all that macho B.S lol but i read this today and i can't stop giggling

Hebrews 5:7 (NASB95)
7 In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety.

And Hebrews prove he was not crucified so if he really cried like a big baby and didn't trust his father in heaven and on top of that was not crucified then .....Idk.

Hebrews 5:7-8 confirm Islam's claim about Jesus never got crucified and contradicts the Bible!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2013, 06:48 AM
RE: So "Jesus wept "
(15-10-2013 05:10 AM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  I never knew about this verse below and i don't believe in god or Jesus but this makes me lose respect for the Jesus I learned about growing up , that Jesus did not cry and had faith in his "father" when he was told he was to be crucified he was brave and all that macho B.S lol but i read this today and i can't stop giggling

7 In the days of His flesh, He offered up both prayers and supplications with loud crying and tears to the One able to save Him from death, and He was heard because of His piety.

And Hebrews prove he was not crucified so if he really cried like a big baby and didn't trust his father in heaven and on top of that was not crucified then .....Idk.
In the quran jesus was only a prophet and was replaced on the cross by someone else resembling him (I'm assuming by magic) so jesus never actually died on the cross.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
15-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Awe If Jesus was a real guy way back then and this was true then its really sad poor guy .

Heart cute
15-10-2013, 07:37 AM
So.. what you're saying is that guys can't cry?

And if I remember correctly, those that do not know/remember Bizzy, it was established way back when that she is in fact a he.
Though that could be someone else, but I doubt it.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
15-10-2013, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2013 08:45 AM by Free.)
(15-10-2013 06:48 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(15-10-2013 05:10 AM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  I never knew about this verse below and i don't believe in god or Jesus but this makes me lose respect for the Jesus I learned about growing up , that Jesus did not cry and had faith in his "father" when he was told he was to be crucified he was brave and all that macho B.S lol but i read this today and i can't stop giggling

In the quran jesus was only a prophet and was replaced on the cross by someone else resembling him (I'm assuming by magic) so jesus never actually died on the cross.

It doesn't actually say in the Qur'an that Jesus was replaced on the cross by someone else. Sure, many Muslims interpret that verse in that way, but the problem with most Muslims is that they follow the interpretations of their so-called "Islamic scholars" who, for the most part, are absolutely clueless as to what the Qur'an is actually saying.

The reason they are clueless is that they intentionally despise both the Christians and the Jews, as well as their Torah and Gospel, without realizing that you cannot possibly understand the Qur'an without being well versed in the previous books that came before the Qur'an.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
15-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Matthew 26:39
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

Luke 22:42
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

Mark 14:36
"Abba, Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."

Pretty clear.
Jebus did not "will" to die. His "will" was NOT to die.
His will, and the will of the Father are not the same. He submitted, (yet according to trinitarian doctrine, they should be identical.)
He (is made to look) he felt he was entirely constrained by external circumstances,

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-10-2013, 08:59 AM
(15-10-2013 07:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So.. what you're saying is that guys can't cry?

And if I remember correctly, those that do not know/remember Bizzy, it was established way back when that she is in fact a he.
Though that could be someone else, but I doubt it.

Blink I never once said i was a "he" im not a guy .
and of course guys cry but you missed the point .

Heart cute
15-10-2013, 09:03 AM
(15-10-2013 08:47 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Matthew 26:39
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

"Abba, Father," he said, "everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will."

Pretty clear.
His will, and the will of the Father are not the same. He submitted, (yet according to trinitarian doctrine, they should be identical.)
He (is made to look) he felt he was entirely constrained by external circumstances,

Thanks That's what i was saying Jesus in the Bible act like he was a tuff guy ready to die for "us" like he's some superhero but reality he was not. lol I'm not that into the Bible so i can't post as great as you did and others on here.

Heart cute
15-10-2013, 09:28 AM

Pretty clear.

Which makes God and Jesus having different wills all the more confusing when we are told over and over again that God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are one in the same. Wouldn't this mean Jesus was begging himself to spare him of his own will because it wasn't his will?Consider
[+] 1 user Likes WVAtheist's post
15-10-2013, 09:41 AM
(15-10-2013 09:03 AM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  

Pretty clear.

Thanks That's what i was saying Jesus in the Bible act like he was a tuff guy ready to die for "us" like he's some superhero but reality he was not. lol I'm not that into the Bible so i can't post as great as you did and others on here.
I gotta go with muffs on this. Assuming any of this was true (and I don't), then Jesus was flogged, crowned with thorns, humiliated publicly, made to carry a heavy cross, nailed to the cross, and left to hang and die for hours. Despite all that, you say he wasn't tough because he cried? Hmm, it does sound to me like a guy crying is what makes him look not tough in your view.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post