So "Jesus wept "

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2013, 10:18 AM
RE: So "Jesus wept "
(15-10-2013 09:41 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(15-10-2013 09:03 AM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  Thanks That's what i was saying Jesus in the Bible act like he was a tuff guy ready to die for "us" like he's some superhero but reality he was not. lol I'm not that into the Bible so i can't post as great as you did and others on here.
I gotta go with muffs on this. Assuming any of this was true (and I don't), then Jesus was flogged, crowned with thorns, humiliated publicly, made to carry a heavy cross, nailed to the cross, and left to hang and die for hours. Despite all that, you say he wasn't tough because he cried? Hmm, it does sound to me like a guy crying is what makes him look not tough in your view.
I didn't take all that into conderation.
I don't know how to describe what emotion i felt.
but its like if you find out He-Man was not really that strong as he is in cartoons and he couldn't lift a leaf or beat anyone up,its like all my life i hear Jesus was strong and died in this strong hero type way but then i read that and its like foreal?! this super tuff God was begging not to die for our sins and was crying for his life,

Like do not get me wrong if the story of Jesus is real this is horrible i would not lough at any man begging for his life but Jesus was not a man I was told he was this bigger then life God who was born to die and he knew it.
idk how to explain it.
It's not funny like HAHA funny its shock and" really dude ?"funny

Heart cute
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2013, 10:30 AM
The Jesus character was the manifestation of god brought to man as man, he was therefore god but also human.

Human beings are vulnerable.
If there were such a thing, the biggest sin would be not knowing this.
Forgive them Father, they know not what they do. Angel

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-10-2013, 10:37 AM
LOL oh well

Heart cute
15-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Perhaps jesus was just a pussy?

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
15-10-2013, 11:19 AM
lol ,I doubt it if he was human then i understand why he was crying n shit .

Heart cute
15-10-2013, 11:26 AM

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-10-2013, 01:10 PM
(15-10-2013 05:10 AM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  And Hebrews prove he was not crucified

What do you mean by this? Is this the book where it says he was hanged instead of crucified, or something?

(15-10-2013 07:24 AM)BizzysaidAss Wrote:  Awe If Jesus was a real guy way back then and this was true then its really sad poor guy .

Meh. If he were a real person, he deliberately rocked the boat of a powerful theocratic group that was known for executing people. It was sort of an occupational hazard.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
15-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Ah, people are still being crucified and whiping themselves, voluntarily I might add. I think it was in the Philippians. They can only hang up there for an hour or so. Didn't jesus seek out to be crucified? It seems like he planned it.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
15-10-2013, 02:28 PM
(15-10-2013 10:30 AM)kim Wrote:  The Jesus character was the manifestation of god brought to man as man, he was therefore god but also human.

Human beings are vulnerable.
If there were such a thing, the biggest sin would be not knowing this.
Forgive them Father, they know not what they do. Angel
This is what is so compelling about the jesus myth. A god who took the form of a mortal man.To experience the life and torments of a mortal to be closer to the people he created. Ultimately to eradicate all sin, a sacrifice for original sin he created. Redemption. I can understand the appeal but its dishonest to take it any other way except as allegory and metaphor.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
15-10-2013, 03:02 PM
(15-10-2013 02:28 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  I can understand the appeal but its dishonest to take it any other way except as allegory and metaphor.

People "take" a story whatever way they are given it.

For some reason, children are taught that Sisyphus, condemned for eternity to roll a bolder up a hill, is myth or that Santa or St Nick was a real guy who remains celebrated in traditional myth by a show of generosity. However, children are not pressed to consider these stories anything but fiction.

The stories of people in other books - Qur'an, Bible stories, etc.,. - these stories are often considered to be either real or divinely inspired as real interpretations of real people and events. For some reason, children are pressed to consider these stories not only truthful but part of historical fact.

I think it's very important to understand the ideas and critical thinking stories like these impart. However I think it is of the utmost importance to stress beyond doubt especially to children, these are mythical stories and purely fictitious.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein