So ... Kurds - why are they so fucked all the time?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 07:40 PM
RE: So ... Kurds - why are they so fucked all the time?
Hmm...
Here's an interesting Kurdish development taking place in Germany.

Maybe people will start paying attention to their plight. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-03-2017, 07:48 PM
(10-03-2017 09:41 AM)kim Wrote:  So, all you politicos - maybe you can shed a little more light on something that has gnawed at me for oh ... 25 years, at least.

What's up with everyone hating the Kurds so fucking much that every single year, someone somewhere is trying to wipe Kurdish existence from the face of the earth?

Here's just one of the latest anti-Kurd actions Turkey has been involved in. Among many.

I really want to understand this and I want the complete rundown. Why did Saddam Hussein try to exterminate them? Why have the Turks consistently tried to exterminate them? It appears Kurd killing is generally ignored everywhere it happens - why? Who profits from the nonexistence of the Kurds?

I realize there has to be a starting place so, begin with the March 1988 gassing of Kurds in Iraq. I've done my own digging and found a few ideas which seem plausable... but is this really a complete answer?

So, my question is: Do Kurds suck overall and why does everyone want to blow the shit out of them?

I know this forum has always provided some of the clearest, most straightforward and thoughtful ideas on numerous subjects. You are my go-to guys when I need some big fat brains for big fat brainstorming. Shy

Thanks in advance for everyone's participation. Thumbsup

Too much vinegar, I s'pose.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curd

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-03-2017, 07:54 PM
(21-09-1974 03:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Too much vinegar, I s'pose.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curd

Awww, I feel I might just kill you last. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
19-03-2017, 11:16 AM
(12-03-2017 07:26 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 12:49 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  ... which was, in turn, fallout from the Habsburg dissolution.

What's got Habsburg got to do with it? The dissolution of the Ottoman empire more likely.

You're exactly right. I had meant to type "Ottoman", but my brain/finger synchromesh went out of whack and I typed theother dissolved empire instead.

Thanks for the correction.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
20-03-2017, 05:29 PM
(10-03-2017 02:38 PM)skyking Wrote:  Artificial, arbitrary borders. This has a lot to do with what's messed up in the region.

That's a large part of it.

The enemy numbered six hundred - including women and children - and we abolished them utterly, leaving not even a baby alive to cry for its dead mother. This is incomparably the greatest victory that was ever achieved by the Christian soldiers of the United States. -- Mark Twain
20-03-2017, 05:33 PM
(10-03-2017 09:41 AM)kim Wrote:  So, all you politicos - maybe you can shed a little more light on something that has gnawed at me for oh ... 25 years, at least.

What's up with everyone hating the Kurds so fucking much that every single year, someone somewhere is trying to wipe Kurdish existence from the face of the earth?

Here's just one of the latest anti-Kurd actions Turkey has been involved in. Among many.

I really want to understand this and I want the complete rundown. Why did Saddam Hussein try to exterminate them? Why have the Turks consistently tried to exterminate them? It appears Kurd killing is generally ignored everywhere it happens - why? Who profits from the nonexistence of the Kurds?

Here's some history on the US sacrificing the Kurds for slaughter.

Just before the 1973 Yom Kippur War between Israel and several MENA countries, the Mossad asked the Kurds to attack Iraq in order to take pressure off of Israel.

Kissinger sent the Kurds a cable (dated October 16) stating:

"We do not repeat not consider it advisable for you to undertake the offensive military actions that Israel has suggested to you."

Since the Kurds trusted the US, they did as Kissinger asked.

At that time, the Shah (of Iran) was using the Kurds as pawns against the Iraqis for several years. The CIA knew that if the Shah and Iraq ever came to an agreement on their border dispute, the Shah would drop the Kurds like a bucket of puke. In April 1972 the Iraqis signed an FCN with the Soviet Union that gave the Soviets the right to port ships at Iraqi ports, plus Iraq received Soviet military aid and equipment (that was still in use during the Gulf War 1991).

In June, the Iraqis nationalized the Iraq Petroleum Company (of which 23.75% was US oil company assets). That is what got the ball rolling, because the Shah wanted a more prominent role in OPEC and to do that, the Shah had to deal with the Kurds to set an example for other minority groups living in OPEC member countries.

In March 1975, the Shah met with the Iraqi vice-president, and then cut off all supplies to the Kurds. The Iraqis then launched a massive offensive against the Kurds.

The Kurds sent a cable to Kissinger:

"There is confusion and dismay among our people and forces. Our people's fate in unprecedented danger. Compete destruction hanging over our head. No explanation for all this. We appeal you and USG [US Government] intervene according to your promises..."

[Note: Emphasis Mine]

Another cable to Kissinger:

"Your Excellency, having always believed in the peaceful solution of disputes including those between Iran and Iraq, we are please to see that their two countries have come to some agreement...however, our hearts bleed to see that an immediate byproduct of their agreement is the destruction of our defenseless people.... Our Movement and people are being destroyed in an unbelievable way with silence from everyone. We feel your Excellency that the United States has a moral and political responsibility towards our people who have committed themselves to your country's policy."

[Note: Emphasis Mine]

Several hundred Kurdish leaders were killed, or captured and summarily executed. Kurdish forces suffered heavy losses. Kissinger and the US did nothing.

More than 200,000 Kurds fled Iraq into Iran, but the US and Iran refused to provide any humanitarian assistance, and also refused to allow the UN or any other humanitarian non-governmental organizations help the Kurds.

At Iraqi insistence, the Shah handed over 40,000 of the Kurdish "intelligentsia" to the Iraqis for execution.

The US government refused to acknowledge any of the events, and so refused to allow any of the 40,000 condemned, or those that remained of the 200,000 to seek political asylum in the US, even though each and every single one of the qualified for political asylum under the laws in place in the US at the time.

What's important to understand here (because it might not be readily apparent) is that the Kurds could have attacked the Iraqis at their weakest -- during the 1973 Yom Kippur War, and that the Kurds could have obtained weapons from the Soviet Union and armed themselves against the Iraqis -- but Bazrani the Kurdish leader declined the Soviet offer of weapons, because Kissinger told him not to accept them.

And the US knew that this was going to happen, because the US/CIA was telling the Shah to use the Kurds as pawns against the Iraqis.

This is what the US thinks about Kurds......

"Covert action should not be confused with missionary work."

-- Henry Kissinger

The enemy numbered six hundred - including women and children - and we abolished them utterly, leaving not even a baby alive to cry for its dead mother. This is incomparably the greatest victory that was ever achieved by the Christian soldiers of the United States. -- Mark Twain
[+] 5 users Like Mircea's post
23-03-2017, 05:59 PM
@Mircea

because of things like this, it doesn't bode well for Kurds in Rojava after ISIS is completly defeated. They will get dumped once again by the US and allies to avoid a potential conflict with Assad Syria, Turkey and Russia. I bet they can start to smell it to. They might hope that Iraq will intercede in their favor so that they can keep a form of regional authonomy.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
23-03-2017, 09:31 PM
So ... Kurds - why are they so fucked all the time?
Because they are surrounded by dipshits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
24-03-2017, 05:32 AM
Evil_monster

Legendary Airborne and Amphibious Assault Op Just Happened In Syria

'Murican Canadian
24-03-2017, 06:37 AM
(24-03-2017 05:32 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Evil_monster

Legendary Airborne and Amphibious Assault Op Just Happened In Syria

Wanna bet how long it takes before the USA drops them again like a hot potato as soon as Erdogan so much as farts in their general direction?