So Much for Today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2013, 01:39 PM
So Much for Today
Thanksgiving Day is a day of family; those of you who have one should be thankful, indeed. It is two years since the Slimy Bastards have spoken a word to me, on the account of being who and what I am. His last words to me were "You humiliate us.", and hers were "Now, who will take care of me? No-one!" The last I heard from the cousin-in-law who most strenuously urged me to come out was a recent letter vilifying me for the Slimy Bastards' rejection of me. I thank all of you for showing me what "family" really is.

"I like theories you can test."
-- Sheldon Glashow

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
If doubt persists, have a hot fudge sundae.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dclarion's post
28-11-2013, 01:41 PM
RE: So Much for Today
Hug

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
28-11-2013, 01:46 PM
(28-11-2013 01:39 PM)dclarion Wrote:  Thanksgiving Day is a day of family; those of you who have one should be thankful, indeed. It is two years since the Slimy Bastards have spoken a word to me, on the account of being who and what I am. His last words to me were "You humiliate us.", and hers were "Now, who will take care of me? No-one!" The last I heard from the cousin-in-law who most strenuously urged me to come out was a recent letter vilifying me for the Slimy Bastards' rejection of me. I thank all of you for showing me what "family" really is.

Well, mine were good people but they are all dead. Not exactly a pleasant feeling either.

Don't be bitter. You didn't get to pick them. You didn't do anything wrong. Like they say, the best revenge is living well.

Do something to spoil yourself. I am.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
28-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Hug

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2013, 01:49 PM
lol at "slimy bastards" that's as accurate as it gets for stupid genetically similar people, luckily the worse one in my family is in a better place... six feet under Tongue

Have a great turkey day or whatever you yankees do this days Smile

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
28-11-2013, 01:52 PM
For a whole different set of reasons, I told my mom point blank we wouldn't be coming over for Thanksgiving. Fortunately there hasn't been any fall out from it yet, but I'm always standing by for a good dose of my mom's special kind of crazy.

My wife found herself at her folks' house wishing she was home.

My oldest has her boyfriend over playing Pokemon (NOT a euphemism, btw) on the couch.

My youngest is at a friend's grandmother's house eating all their food.

I've played way too many hours of World of Warcraft and now I'm planning to go take a nap. Going rollerskating later just to be out.

You're not alone. At some point you'll be able to reset the meaning of family with people you choose for yourself. I know it doesn't make today any better, but you're not alone.
[+] 1 user Likes Regular_Joe's post
28-11-2013, 01:55 PM
(28-11-2013 01:39 PM)dclarion Wrote:  Thanksgiving Day is a day of family; those of you who have one should be thankful, indeed. It is two years since the Slimy Bastards have spoken a word to me, on the account of being who and what I am. His last words to me were "You humiliate us.", and hers were "Now, who will take care of me? No-one!" The last I heard from the cousin-in-law who most strenuously urged me to come out was a recent letter vilifying me for the Slimy Bastards' rejection of me. I thank all of you for showing me what "family" really is.

Hug

(28-11-2013 01:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, mine were good people but they are all dead. Not exactly a pleasant feeling either.

Don't be bitter. You didn't get to pick them. You didn't do anything wrong. Like they say, the best revenge is living well.

I love that idea. Living well is always the best. Spoil away Dom. You deserve it.
Heart

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

28-11-2013, 02:01 PM
(28-11-2013 01:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  

Well, mine were good people but they are all dead. Not exactly a pleasant feeling either.

I think, in these cases, I have a slight disagreement with your definition of revenge.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Revenge in general, against the injustices of life. Not against actual people.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-11-2013, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2013 02:32 PM by Anjele.)
Today it's just my husband, son, and me. And that's fine. My oldest daughter is with her in-laws, the younger lives 1,000 miles away. I am far from siblings and other family but I would be far from most of them even if they lived around the corner.

TV, food is almost ready, more TV, a nap, maybe read or watch a movie later.

The dogs are beside themselves with excitment over all the food preparation.

It's peaceful, quiet, we have a roof over our heads, I am four years healthy, the semester is almost over, there is no drama...that's a lot to be thankful for.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post