So Much for Today

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: So Much for Today
(28-11-2013 02:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Today it's just my husband, son, and me. And that's fine. My oldest daughter is with her in-laws, the younger lives 1,000 miles away. I am far from siblings and other family but I would be far from most of them even if they lived around the corner.

TV, food is almost ready, more TV, a nap, maybe read or watch a movie later.

The dogs are beside themselves with excited over all the food preparation.

It's peaceful, quiet, we have a roof over our heads, I am four years healthy, the semester is almost over, there is no drama...that's a lot to be thankful for.

Dogs and food preparation.

I cannot comprehend peace in such a circumstance. All dogs I've ever known invariably decide that when food is being made, it's their time to join the conversation.
... My cats do it too....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
28-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Generally yes, my dog however stays out of the kitchen while I'm cooking..

Serving the meal is another issue entirely.
28-11-2013, 02:22 PM
(28-11-2013 02:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Generally yes, my dog however stays out of the kitchen while I'm cooking..

Serving the meal is another issue entirely.

My dog lives outside, but any time in our old houses (my mother, who has our dog and cats lives on a 2 story house), if she smelled food being made; bang, there she was, woofing at us through the sliding door near the kitchen, or through the kitchen window itself.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-11-2013, 02:28 PM
(28-11-2013 02:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-11-2013 02:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Today it's just my husband, son, and me. And that's fine. My oldest daughter is with her in-laws, the younger lives 1,000 miles away. I am far from siblings and other family but I would be far from most of them even if they lived around the corner.

TV, food is almost ready, more TV, a nap, maybe read or watch a movie later.

The dogs are beside themselves with excited over all the food preparation.

It's peaceful, quiet, we have a roof over our heads, I am four years healthy, the semester is almost over, there is no drama...that's a lot to be thankful for.

Dogs and food preparation.

I cannot comprehend peace in such a circumstance. All dogs I've ever known invariably decide that when food is being made, it's their time to join the conversation.
... My cats do it too....

The dogs have been practicing their best begging looks. Big Grin

With working and going to school, it doesn't happen often around here that a big meal is prepared, I just don't have the time.

The kitten hasn't learned how to beg for food as he has never had people food yet. He does think he is quite helpful when crawling into every cabinet opened.

The dogs were uncertain about the couple of hard boiled eggs I gave them that fell apart when I made deviled Evil_monster eggs. One dog kept spitting his out and looking at it with his head cocked to the side. But they soon figured it out.

Time to make my big parrot her annual Thanksgiving meal, hope she isn't too pissed that I didn't make corn on the cob this year (it's her favorite). Big Grin

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-11-2013, 02:31 PM
My dogs don't get people food ever and they don't beg.

They do look forward to dinner, they eat when I eat. Just their own food.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Mine don't get food from me...but I can't break the other people in this house from giving in to their begging.

I will give them leftover eggs and sometimes drizzle bacon grease on their food, but they never get food off my plate.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
28-11-2013, 02:38 PM
(28-11-2013 02:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  My dogs don't get people food ever and they don't beg.

They do look forward to dinner, they eat when I eat. Just their own food.

It's funny because our dog doesn't eat people food either (unless he's unwell). We never ever feed him scraps, but it doesn't stop him from trying to cajole us into giving him somethig. He breathes snd drools on me each night.

You'd think he'd learn...but he also barks horribly at the gardeners too when they come each week.

He's also a sun worshipper. He loves to outside and lay on the deck on warm/hot sunny days.

Today it's 44 outside and sunny. He's forever begging to outside only to shiver and go back into the house.

I'm convinced he's got some functional issues. Undecided

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon