So Very Lonely

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2014, 07:12 PM
So Very Lonely
I'm sitting here crying because I feel so isolated. It has to be something wrong with me because the only people who want to talk to me are the local obsessives at the soup kitchen droning on about conspiracy theories, and of course they want to talk at me because nobody else can stand them. I'm not one to debate just for the sake of argument, I wish that I could just sit with someone, listening to a TA podcast or something. Not that anyone would want to enter this place. I was hoping to build a bathroom this year, but I'm not at all sure how that would go. I'm still paying on the two water meters that froze on me despite my best efforts to prevent it. What's the use anyway...

"I like theories you can test."
-- Sheldon Glashow

When in doubt, eat chocolate.
If doubt persists, have a hot fudge sundae.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like dclarion's post
07-03-2014, 07:22 PM
RE: So Very Lonely
I'm sorry that you're feeling lonely. For right now, dive into some of the more social convos on here if you can.

For the future, try finding and joining a local atheist group through http://www.meetup.com

Hug if you wanna chat, pm me Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
07-03-2014, 09:38 PM
You indeed feel lonely.

And people on TTA talk to you.

And you are liked 59 times on this forum alone, and I am going to like you one more time.

So you see, you current life will change, and it is changing.

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 4 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
08-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Girly's got this shit. Come here you.
[Image: bearhugs.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-03-2014, 08:56 PM
Darlin',
[Image: boxofkittens.gif]

Sorry to read that you're feeling so alone. It's rough when the people you have around you aren't the sort that really care to hear all you have to say (well if it isn't relating to what they just said) and/or that they're friend with you because you're the only one that'll listen to their shit. I'm a quiet yet friendly person that's a real good listener so naturally I have and still do attract a LOT of people like that. Being around people like that for long periods of time do tend to make me feel unimportant as a person and I feel terrible when I know someone else is put in that spot.

As far as advice, take SMercery's advice (she's Sailor Mercury after all!) and try to stay involved in conversations here and try to see if you can find local atheists via online. Good people tend to be hard to find in person but it certainly is worth trying. Above everything else, don't sink the boat that you built to keep afloat.

Oh and of course f you need someone to vent or to talk at, you can feel free to pm me

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Miss Suzanne's post
09-03-2014, 10:03 AM
I'm sorry you are feeling lonely.

Are there any ways that you can make changes in your day to day life so you can be around more people and increasing your odds of making friends? A new job, a new place to hangout? A local group? Volunteer places?

There are ways, but you have to be willing to change what you are doing. I think we talked here last year? Are you near Kennywood?

Anyway, I hope you jump into more conversations here.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
09-03-2014, 03:36 PM
[Image: parrots.jpg]

You got me despite the fact we don't know each other.Big Grin

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
09-03-2014, 03:39 PM