So am I the only person who prefers cartoons over anime?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: So am I the only person who prefers cartoons over anime?
I don't like anime.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2014, 05:23 AM
Which anime don't you like? Which cartoons do you like?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
21-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Aren't they kinda the same thing? anime is just a Japanese cartoon right? so i like both! i like some Japanese cartoons and western cartoons.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
04-09-2014, 05:39 AM
[Image: 6tv7rhT.jpg]

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
07-09-2014, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2014 04:45 PM by DemonicLemon.)
(21-08-2014 02:05 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Aren't they kinda the same thing? anime is just a Japanese cartoon right? so i like both! i like some Japanese cartoons and western cartoons.

For some reason, anime fans are reluctant to call their cartoons "cartoons" simply because of Japanese origin. That's like saying a Japanese film isn't live action because it's from japan.

Edit: at least I think that to be the case. I have no idea what the real reasoning is but that's the closest to an answer I got.

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
12-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Some anime is good, but you throw either teenagers or a high school in the mix and I hate my life. I do think a lot of American animation has slipped as far as art, but if the story/jokes are good enough then I am still a happy camper. An example would be adventure time, art isn't the greatest, but I laugh my ass off most of the time watching that show.
19-09-2014, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2014 06:02 AM by ZeroX3.)
It depends. Anime can be really creative with the details and the story at times.
But i guess it depends. I remember some old cartoons which i don't remember the name of which i wanna see again Big Grin