So, can we talk about the fiasco in Iraq / Syria ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2014, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2014 05:00 PM by Bucky Ball.)
So, can we talk about the fiasco in Iraq / Syria ?
You smart old farts, what think you about the developing mess in the Mideast ? Were all the American lives and treasure wasted there ? It is even possible to change the inevitable course of history ? The militants smashed the boarder barriers between Iraq and Syria the other day. Is this going to widen and engulf the entire region ? Maybe going to Rome to pray will have helped ? Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2014, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2014 05:05 PM by Revenant77x.)
RE: So, can we talk about the fiasco in Iraq / Syria ?
(14-06-2014 04:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You smart old farts, what think you about the developing mess in the Mideast ? Were all the American lives and treasure wasted there ? It is even possible to change to inevitable course of history ? They militants smashed the boarder barriers between Iraq and Syria the other day. Is this going to widen and engulf the entire region ? Maybe going to Rome to pray will have helped ? Weeping

This is a surprise to anyone how? I said in 2005 that is didn't matter if we left Iraq in 10 years or 10 days within 3 years of us pulling troops the country would collapse. Northern Iraq is going to succeed and become Kurdistan and will be the most stable and prosperous state in the middle east and the rest of Iraq is going to burn.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
14-06-2014, 04:59 PM
(14-06-2014 04:20 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ... Northern Iraq is going to succeed and become Kazakhstan and will be the most stable and prosperous state in the middle east and the rest of Iraq is going to burn.

I think that the Kurds might have some objection to that Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-06-2014, 05:05 PM
(14-06-2014 04:59 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(14-06-2014 04:20 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ... Northern Iraq is going to succeed and become Kazakhstan and will be the most stable and prosperous state in the middle east and the rest of Iraq is going to burn.

I think that the Kurds might have some objection to that Drinking Beverage

Damn auto correct.

*Fixed it

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-06-2014, 05:17 PM
(14-06-2014 04:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You smart old farts, what think you about the developing mess in the Mideast ? Were all the American lives and treasure wasted there ? It is even possible to change the inevitable course of history ? The militants smashed the boarder barriers between Iraq and Syria the other day. Is this going to widen and engulf the entire region ? Maybe going to Rome to pray will have helped ? Weeping

Will this widen and engulf the region?
Based on the ABC news I've been watching, after they've secured their slice of Iraq, the militants are going to be pushing on Lebanon. At this stage, who the fuck knows?

They seem to be relying on speed and pure veracity to overwhelm their opponents; they sure as hell can't have much 'high tech' in their outfit. They'll run out of momentum eventually. It's purely a matter of time and if they will hit proper resistance.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-06-2014, 05:40 PM
A lot of these people have totally missed out on social evolution, they are stuck in the dark ages.

The only thing that will make any lasting impact over there is education, and the powers that be make that hard to come by.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
14-06-2014, 05:41 PM
I dunno, guys. Can we?

Without I and I and frankksj we're not nearly high enough on the blithering insanity bravely defiant Truth quotient.
(but maybe Luminon can step up to the plate?)

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
14-06-2014, 05:43 PM
But seriously, the world washing their hands of the Syrian clusterfuck left a vacuum the good folks at ISIL are more than happy to fill. And the abrupt American hard exit from Iraq did the fumbling state there no good, to fairly predictable consequences - not that there was a good way to resolve that, after the staggering incompetence that was the American occupation...

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
14-06-2014, 05:43 PM
(14-06-2014 05:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  A lot of these people have totally missed out on social evolution, they are stuck in the dark ages.

The only thing that will make any lasting impact over there is education, and the powers that be make that hard to come by.

The problem with that is we can't seem to keep the damn place stable enough to effectively set up legitimate educative systems and protect them long enough for them to do their jobs.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-06-2014, 05:48 PM
(14-06-2014 05:43 PM)cjlr Wrote:  But seriously, the world washing their hands of the Syrian clusterfuck left a vacuum the good folks at ISIL are more than happy to fill. And the abrupt American hard exit from Iraq did the fumbling state there no good, to fairly predictable consequences - not that there was a good way to resolve that, after the staggering incompetence that was the American occupation...

We essentially had 2 options, neither was good. Option 1: Pull out before the government of Iraq was ready to take over self governing (hint this would basically be ever) Option 2: Make Iraq an American Province without taxation or representation.