So...do you know people voting for Trump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2016, 10:40 AM
So...do you know people voting for Trump?
Since this board seems to lean away from Trump (note: this is my perception only), do you know people IRL who are voting for Trump?

I live in a decidedly liberal state (MA) and (surprisingly!) know quite a few people who are voting for him. They seem to be much more vocal than Clinton supporters, but I can certainly name at least 10 people I know that are voting for Trump. I have a feeling I know their reasons for why, but I will keep those to myself Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2016, 10:42 AM
RE: So...do you know people voting for Trump?
(13-10-2016 10:40 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Since this board seems to lean away from Trump (note: this is my perception only), do you know people IRL who are voting for Trump?

I live in a decidedly liberal state (MA) and (surprisingly!) know quite a few people who are voting for him. They seem to be much more vocal than Clinton supporters, but I can certainly name at least 10 people I know that are voting for Trump. I have a feeling I know their reasons for why, but I will keep those to myself Smile

I do know some ardent Trump supporters. They embarrass me and shame my family. Sad
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
13-10-2016, 10:46 AM
I have 2 family members who might be voting for Trump. Dodgy

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
13-10-2016, 10:48 AM
I live in the Bible Belt....I know a ton of them. And they aren't all stupid Southern hicks.
13-10-2016, 10:48 AM
Sadly yes.

Most just repeat the same garbage FOX tells them to. Build the wall, kill the Muslims, Trump is brilliant.

The people that oppose him, don't really want to back up Hillary ether. Most say their just not voting. Which is basically a Trump vote. Because I know the people that are full blown Trump are going to.

This whole even just makes me sick to my stomach.

[Image: 64210991.jpg]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
13-10-2016, 11:02 AM
Yes. At least one of my co-workers has stated that he is definitely voting for Trump, and I suspect that several others will as well. These people have never made any secret of being ultra-conservative, though, so it doesn't surprise me. They would all vote for whoever the Republicans nominate.
13-10-2016, 11:07 AM
(13-10-2016 11:02 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Yes. At least one of my co-workers has stated that he is definitely voting for Trump, and I suspect that several others will as well. These people have never made any secret of being ultra-conservative, though, so it doesn't surprise me. They would all vote for whoever the Republicans nominate.

But he's not even conservative. He's been a "liberal" most of his life. I mean he's a capitalist no doubt, but he's nowhere near the small government conservative that the ultra conservative all claim to want.

It's boils down to he's got an R by his name, and they think whoever the Democrat is, is the devil. I've always thought most people who claim not to be a party only person were full of shit, and this election is proving it.

Well and also how full of shit the majority of so called "small government" conservatives are; they don't want small government, they want the government allowing and denying shit they dictate, just like every other political group.

No one who is really small government would ever support same sex marriage bans, prohibition against drugs, abortion being outright illegal, be adamently pro-war, or kiss the ass of the police and military like they do.
[+] 3 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
13-10-2016, 11:13 AM
(13-10-2016 11:07 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(13-10-2016 11:02 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Yes. At least one of my co-workers has stated that he is definitely voting for Trump, and I suspect that several others will as well. These people have never made any secret of being ultra-conservative, though, so it doesn't surprise me. They would all vote for whoever the Republicans nominate.

But he's not even conservative. He's been a "liberal" most of his life. I mean he's a capitalist no doubt, but he's nowhere near the small government conservative that the ultra conservative all claim to want.

Well, the one guy who I know is voting for Trump has said that he (Trump) "is not a Republican" -- so he's aware of that. However, these days, Republican = anti-Democrat, and Hillary Clinton is the Antichristess, so he will vote for anyone the Republicans nominate. Because he couldn't force himself to vote Democrat if his life depended on it.
13-10-2016, 11:22 AM
Yes I do.

It's sad.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-10-2016, 11:26 AM
One of my most religious Facebook friends started with a question that if Hilliary shouldn't be in the white house because she's a woman. And men are superior then them. A long list or religious zealots rang off in agreement spouting bible verses that supported this claim.

I had to say something at that point knowing i'd be the only voice of opposition. Stating that history is full of women leaders that filled the roll most times better then men had. And that if they were going to pick their thoughts from a 2000 year old book I could show them 604 commandments that they wouldn't. And leadership should be awarded to those that have proven themselves threw merote and achievements. Not if they were born with a Y Chromosome.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post