So...do you know people voting for Trump?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2016, 03:55 PM
RE: So...do you know people voting for Trump?
I've seen a few bumper stickers and the occasional house with Trump signs, but none of my friends are voting for Trump (as far as I know).

Probably many of the fundamentalists in my family will vote for Trump. They are incensed about gay marriage and the Supreme Court.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2016, 06:18 PM
Probably. I haven't spoken with family to see who they were voting for, but I imagine it's a 50/50 deal. Got a lot of female cousins, so they'll maybe hop onto Hillary's wagon, but older bro, and Uncles, prolly go Trump. Undecided

I watched an interview of a farmer saying he'd vote for Trump because he's a business man, and Trump's a business man, so Trump is "for me"... Blink

Driving out away from town, I see quite a few Trump/Pence signs staked into the ground at the edge of farm fields, and it always causes that interview to play out in my mind. Facepalm

13-10-2016, 07:03 PM
I didn't see any Trump or Hillary signs when driving around yesterday, but I saw a bunch that said: "Prayer - America's only hope".

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-10-2016, 07:08 PM
(13-10-2016 07:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  I didn't see any Trump or Hillary signs when driving around yesterday, but I saw a bunch that said: "Prayer - America's only hope".

Not sure which one is worse...
13-10-2016, 07:10 PM
(13-10-2016 07:08 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(13-10-2016 07:03 PM)Dom Wrote:  I didn't see any Trump or Hillary signs when driving around yesterday, but I saw a bunch that said: "Prayer - America's only hope".

Not sure which one is worse...

As a psychological placebo, prayer is at least neutral.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
13-10-2016, 07:13 PM

Laughat
You know you're fucked when the slogan "prayer is the only hope" is actually the truth.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
13-10-2016, 08:20 PM
I rarely engage in political conversations. My immediate family will be voting Hillary; some cousins are Trumpeteers. The folks here outside Austin are more liberal than your average Texan, but there are still far too many Trumpatistas.

I myself will probably vote Johnson, unless the state is so close Hillary might could win. In that event, I will vote for her. I simply can't stomach the thought of Trump as President. He would be an unmitigated disaster for America and the world.

(13-10-2016 11:07 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  But he's not even conservative. He's been a "liberal" most of his life. I mean he's a capitalist no doubt, but he's nowhere near the small government conservative that the ultra conservative all claim to want.

It's boils down to he's got an R by his name, and they think whoever the Democrat is, is the devil. I've always thought most people who claim not to be a party only person were full of shit, and this election is proving it.

Well and also how full of shit the majority of so called "small government" conservatives are; they don't want small government, they want the government allowing and denying shit they dictate, just like every other political group.

No one who is really small government would ever support same sex marriage bans, prohibition against drugs, abortion being outright illegal, be adamently pro-war, or kiss the ass of the police and military like they do.

This. How much more intrusive can a government get, inserting itself into your bedroom or your womb?
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
13-10-2016, 08:24 PM
Trump seems really popular around here, especially with teenage boys, for some reason.

My dad is Trump-obsessed and I have to listen to him constantly gushing about him. It gets so annoying. -_-' What makes it even worse is that my little sister repeats everything he says even though she knows nothing about politics.
13-10-2016, 11:19 PM
Seeing as how my father is a born-again Southern Baptist, and NAFTA has been a decade long favorite punching bag of his, I can only image which way he is voting.

Whereas my mother is a pediatric nurse, who struggled to support her family, going to school, and having a career. There's no way on earth she'd vote for Trump.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-10-2016, 07:28 AM
(13-10-2016 08:24 PM)AnaBunny Wrote:  Trump seems really popular around here, especially with teenage boys, for some reason.

My dad is Trump-obsessed and I have to listen to him constantly gushing about him. It gets so annoying. -_-' What makes it even worse is that my little sister repeats everything he says even though she knows nothing about politics.

Because he essentially is one.
[+] 3 users Like ShadowProject's post