So, do you self-flagellate ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2012, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 04:40 PM by Bucky Ball.)
So, do you self-flagellate ?
Today, in yet another humorous move, the Vatican announced that apparently Dan Brown had it right, and
Opus Dei does indeed run the Vatican. The ex-Fox News reporter, Greg Burke, himself a self-admitted flagellator,
and member of Opus Dei, was installed in the office of Tarcisio Cardinal Bertone, (the Secretary of State), as a
trouble shooter.

Last week Bertone was quoted as saying "they're making us look like a Dan Brown novel".
He is also a prophet, donchaknow.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/25...can-staff/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8375174.stm

Some members of Opus Dei practice self-flagellation, a practice of beating or whipping oneself
to grow closer to Jesus.

"This voluntarily accepted discomfort is a way of joining oneself to Jesus
Christ and the sufferings he voluntarily accepted in order to redeem us from
sin," the Rev. Michael Barrett, a priest of the Catholic Opus Dei, wrote on the
group's website in 2006. John Paul II and Mother Teresa both used the spiritual
practice.

Burke says self-flagellation is part of his personal practice as well, saying
"I try to."

Cool

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "Sock puppet of Stark Raving" - (said "He Who Must Not Be Named".)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
25-06-2012, 04:30 PM
RE: So, do you self-flagellate ?
(25-06-2012 04:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Today, in yet another humorous move, the Vatican announced that apparently Dan Brown had it right. and
Opus Dei does indeed run the Vatican. The ex-Fox News reporter, Greg Burke, himself a self-admitted flagellator,
and member of Opus Dei, was installed in the office of Tarcisio Cardinal Bertone, (the Secretary of State), as a
trouble shooter.

Last week Bertone was quoted as saying "they're making us look like a Dan Brown novel".
He is also a prophet, donchaknow.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/25...can-staff/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/8375174.stm

Some members of Opus Dei practice self-flagellation, a practice of beating or whipping oneself
to grow closer to Jesus.

"This voluntarily accepted discomfort is a way of joining oneself to Jesus
Christ and the sufferings he voluntarily accepted in order to redeem us from
sin," the Rev. Michael Barrett, a priest of the Catholic Opus Dei, wrote on the
group's website in 2006. John Paul II and Mother Teresa both used the spiritual
practice.

Burke says self-flagellation is part of his personal practice as well, saying
"I try to."

Cool
OK, I owe KC an apology. These people are waaaay crazier than Calvinists.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
25-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Quote:"It may happen that this change is reversed as people reconnect with their bodies and take control via moderate fasting and some corporal mortification, finding it a very healthy practice, which can overcome such unhealthy developments as drug use, sexual addictions, eating disorders and other body-hating approaches."
I don't hate my body, so to show it my love I'm gonna whack it until I draw blood. Much more healthy than drugs Big Grin
25-06-2012, 05:17 PM
(25-06-2012 05:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  
Quote:"It may happen that this change is reversed as people reconnect with their bodies and take control via moderate fasting and some corporal mortification, finding it a very healthy practice, which can overcome such unhealthy developments as drug use, sexual addictions, eating disorders and other body-hating approaches."
I don't hate my body, so to show it my love I'm gonna whack it until I draw blood. Much more healthy than drugs Big Grin

Dude, if you use lube you won't bleed when you whack off.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
25-06-2012, 05:27 PM
I've been in Bahrain a few times for 'ashura' when they beat themselves bloody with various weapons to atone for the murder mohammed committed.

There's one area in the city where this takes place (as well as out in the villages) expats and everyone not involved are kept away by police. Most years someone quietly dies afterwards.

The sickening thing is seeing really young boys being taken there by their fathers.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
25-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Does masturbation count?

Cause if it does.....

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
25-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Well... Blush

Had this wonderful toothache for five months, testing my faith in my Gwynnies... and I love my Gwynnies! But now I got this hole in my mouth with shards and stuff, that doesn't hurt. I can understand the concept, because when there's a buncha pain, shit's real; but then again, I'm a certified psychopath. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-06-2012, 08:40 PM
That would be a 'no'!

I'm no wackadoodle Hobo

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 3 users Like aurora's post
25-06-2012, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 25-06-2012 09:31 PM by Mr Woof.)
(25-06-2012 08:40 PM)aurora Wrote:  That would be a 'no'!

I'm no wackadoodle Hobo

All the time! Love to get in a few hard whacks before my beloved Yahweh really gets going with my etrenal tormentYes
26-06-2012, 11:50 AM
(25-06-2012 05:17 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Dude, if you use lube you won't bleed when you whack off.
Do you work for a lube company? That's the second time since yesterday you've recommended lube to me. I suppose it's OK as long as you don't work in the testing department... Ex pastor semper a liquid novi...
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post