So does Anonymous actually have power?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2015, 04:34 AM
RE: So does Anonymous actually have power?
Whoop de doo

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-03-2015, 08:42 AM
(12-03-2015 02:30 AM)AnonMember Wrote:  But at the same time, we have the power to change the world however we choose. We have enough people that believe that if we chose, we could take down any governments internet presence in the world, any organization, any cause. We could win a war purely with our computers and frankly, we are more powerful than your countries military.

Has ISIS not popped up on enough member's radars, or what?
[+] 6 users Like RobbyPants's post
12-03-2015, 09:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of..._Anonymous

Also...http://therealsingapore.com/content/8-things-anonymous-hacker-%E2%80%98terrorist%E2%80%99-group-has-done-good

for a more condensed version.

Me thinks I can answer this for ya'll!

We, Anonymous have done a lot of good. As you will read above.

Not all anonymous members are hacktivists. Some take to the streets and protest issues, try to organize charitable events. We raise awareness and help get more focus for critical issues that plagues the world.

Things like Sopa and Pipa were big issues that anonymous had a lot in hand with getting the news out and getting websites to agree to shut down services to spread awareness.

The attacks on child pron sites in the dark web as well as the attacks and spread of awareness on the church of Scientology as well as westboro.

The real power of Anonymous is that it lacks leadership, structure, centralization, form, uniformity and a singular and streamlined goal.

Normally, this would just mean that you are powerless. But, quite the opposite is true. It is because we have none of those things that makes us strong. The power does not come from a single leader that can be taken out. Not from a group of people that the FBI and CIA or the NSA could raid the homes of some young adults and teens or whatever and that is the end of anonymous. The power that anonymous has comes from the very fact that WE anonymous, are not a group at all.

We are an idea, and just like what V from Vendetta put it; Ideas are bulletproof. The same statement has been around for much longer then the comic has of course. First time I heard it was a one liner from Deus Ex 1.

We are children, teenagers, the mentally disabled, the handicapped, the factory workers, the mill workers, the firemen, the bakers the chefs, the small businessmen, perhaps maybe even a couple of the big businessmen, the soldiers, the accountants, the leaders and followers, the hackers, the security agents and the computer scientists and the innovators.

We are everyone and no one get it? The faceless entity known as Anonymous has no members because we are not a group but an idea. What idea you may ask? Any idea that you and any group of like minded individuals find the courage to stand up for and fight for. Those who take up the idea of anonymous in fighting for freedom, justice, equality and so on all wear the mask, they become that idea that they represent, rather than the individuals themselves. So, while it is true that as a collective anonymous has no actual power, that is not the idea and goal of anonymous.

We are a collective and each idea is only as strong as those and the number of those who fight for it to make that idea reality.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
13-03-2015, 08:40 AM
I take these guys about as seriously as real life "superheroes."
I don't really know if that's the right way to think but there you have it...
13-03-2015, 09:50 AM
I have few worries about Anonymous... I simply consider it a platform for ideas. If any specific action surfaces to drive a positive outcome, it can only be pointed to as "positive" or "negative" in an historical sense, long after the fact.

A concerted effort to eradicate ISL from the planet has not materalized. NO doubt this very idea is in the mind of every rational human being ... and ... no word from Anonymous. One would appreciate adding yet to the end of the previous two sentences... it would certainly indicate some confidence in their alleged abilities.

The question from the OP was, "Does Anonymous actually have power?" I'd like to say, "We shall see."

I won't hold my breath. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
13-03-2015, 11:56 PM
(12-03-2015 09:29 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of..._Anonymous

Also...http://therealsingapore.com/content/8-things-anonymous-hacker-%E2%80%98terrorist%E2%80%99-group-has-done-good

for a more condensed version.

Me thinks I can answer this for ya'll!

We, Anonymous have done a lot of good. As you will read above.

Not all anonymous members are hacktivists. Some take to the streets and protest issues, try to organize charitable events. We raise awareness and help get more focus for critical issues that plagues the world.

Things like Sopa and Pipa were big issues that anonymous had a lot in hand with getting the news out and getting websites to agree to shut down services to spread awareness.

The attacks on child pron sites in the dark web as well as the attacks and spread of awareness on the church of Scientology as well as westboro.

The real power of Anonymous is that it lacks leadership, structure, centralization, form, uniformity and a singular and streamlined goal.

Normally, this would just mean that you are powerless. But, quite the opposite is true. It is because we have none of those things that makes us strong. The power does not come from a single leader that can be taken out. Not from a group of people that the FBI and CIA or the NSA could raid the homes of some young adults and teens or whatever and that is the end of anonymous. The power that anonymous has comes from the very fact that WE anonymous, are not a group at all.

We are an idea, and just like what V from Vendetta put it; Ideas are bulletproof. The same statement has been around for much longer then the comic has of course. First time I heard it was a one liner from Deus Ex 1.

We are children, teenagers, the mentally disabled, the handicapped, the factory workers, the mill workers, the firemen, the bakers the chefs, the small businessmen, perhaps maybe even a couple of the big businessmen, the soldiers, the accountants, the leaders and followers, the hackers, the security agents and the computer scientists and the innovators.

We are everyone and no one get it? The faceless entity known as Anonymous has no members because we are not a group but an idea. What idea you may ask? Any idea that you and any group of like minded individuals find the courage to stand up for and fight for. Those who take up the idea of anonymous in fighting for freedom, justice, equality and so on all wear the mask, they become that idea that they represent, rather than the individuals themselves. So, while it is true that as a collective anonymous has no actual power, that is not the idea and goal of anonymous.

We are a collective and each idea is only as strong as those and the number of those who fight for it to make that idea reality.

Just to clarify; are you saying that you are part of anonymous and if you are when did you begin this association?

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
14-03-2015, 03:28 AM
(12-03-2015 09:29 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  We are everyone and no one get it? The faceless entity known as Anonymous has no members because we are not a group but an idea. What idea you may ask? Any idea that you and any group of like minded individuals find the courage to stand up for and fight for. Those who take up the idea of anonymous in fighting for freedom, justice, equality and so on all wear the mask, they become that idea that they represent, rather than the individuals themselves. So, while it is true that as a collective anonymous has no actual power, that is not the idea and goal of anonymous.

[Image: tumblr_mvtbkddMAB1rl3pglo1_500.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-03-2015, 04:29 AM
Behind this toilet seat, there is an idea... and ideas are shit proof...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post