So does no mate mean your ugly?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2014, 07:15 PM
So does no mate mean your ugly?
So I have never had a mate, EVER! So then i thought maybe its because I'm ugly(I think so). I can't even get a girl to hug me in schoolLaugh out load. My parents say its because I over think more then the average teenager, but i learned that this is false because many of teens in my school are as smart as me, in fact many are smarter. Besides I'm not that smart anyway, I think I am as smart as the average teen anyway. So Maybe it is my looks that scare females away. I mean it could be that i have poor social skills, but teens my age in my school with poor social skills also have girl friends.
So i guess my genetics aren't meant to be passed on. I mean not every animal can do it, that's how natural selection works. So is it looks or is it something else I'm missing?[Image: Natural_Selection_It_Does_Work.jpg]

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2014, 07:25 PM
RE: So does no mate mean your ugly?
You're overthinking it. I don't know you, but in general terms when I hear a guy saying he can't get a girl, it is usually because he is trying too hard. When you get pensive and stand there analyzing shit, what you look like is a creep. What seems to be most attractive is not looks but rather self- confidence and humor.

Unless, of course, you look like a total scrub.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
23-02-2014, 07:32 PM
(23-02-2014 07:25 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  You're overthinking it. I don't know you, but in general terms when I hear a guy saying he can't get a girl, it is usually because he is trying too hard. When you get pensive and stand there analyzing shit, what you look like is a creep. What seems to be most attractive is not looks but rather self- confidence and humor.

Unless, of course, you look like a total scrub.

Never thought of it like that. I tend to over think things enough were people laugh at the fact that i think of things they don't even imagine. I also don't even try to make these observations. I walk in the hall way and see everybody of every school category weather nerd or jock, kissing in the hallway, and there is no escaping it. Also i don't look like a scrub i keep my self clean. Also humor sometimes, self-confidence not so much, I have little.

[Image: get_some_by_addmedia-d78ip4k.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
23-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Well, you're talking about passing on your genetics before you even date a girl, and that's thinking a bit too far ahead, unless you're hell-bent on starring in one of those teen pregnancy tv shows. It's also possible to befriend girls and treat them like you would treat a guy (in the sense of discussing common interests, etc.). Not everybody wants to date someone they don't know well, and some people like to get to know a person as a friend before they would consider them as a potential partner.

Looks seem to have less to do with relationships than some people seem to think. I recall reading studies where they just concluded that people get together with people of similar attractiveness (which also means that if you're a three, you may have trouble snagging a ten, but that's not the same as "forever alone").

what HoC said about trying too hard: if you're thinking about how much you want to impress a girl and you're getting weird and making her uncomfortable, then most girls will not find that attractive. And that's what I mean by interacting normally and not thinking too much about impressing a girl and just thinking about starting a relationship. Not everybody dates in high school, either. That doesn't mean they never will. Not everybody is compatible with everybody else, so if one girl turns you down, there will be others.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like amyb's post
23-02-2014, 07:45 PM
(23-02-2014 07:41 PM)amyb Wrote:  Well, you're talking about passing on your genetics before you even date a girl, and that's thinking a bit too far ahead, unless you're hell-bent on starring in one of those teen pregnancy tv shows. It's also possible to befriend girls and treat them like you would treat a guy (in the sense of discussing common interests, etc.). Not everybody wants to date someone they don't know well, and some people like to get to know a person as a friend before they would consider them as a potential partner.

Looks seem to have less to do with relationships than some people seem to think. I recall reading studies where they just concluded that people get together with people of similar attractiveness (which also means that if you're a three, you may have trouble snagging a ten, but that's not the same as "forever alone").

what HoC said about trying too hard: if you're thinking about how much you want to impress a girl and you're getting weird and making her uncomfortable, then most girls will not find that attractive. And that's what I mean by interacting normally and not thinking too much about impressing a girl and just thinking about starting a relationship. Not everybody dates in high school, either. That doesn't mean they never will. Not everybody is compatible with everybody else, so if one girl turns you down, there will be others.

When i said pass on genetics i should have said that this was my whole life period not just now. And i don't want to get a girl pregnant until i have a career and a home with food and other necessities. I do want to read that study sound interesting. Also its not just one girl.

23-02-2014, 07:52 PM
What about personality? Maybe you're trying too hard to connect or not even trying at all,wich both result in getting none

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
23-02-2014, 07:53 PM
(23-02-2014 07:45 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  When i said pass on genetics i should have said that this was my whole life period not just now.

I meant that you said you were a teenager, so you've likely got a lot of years of life ahead of you. (I just found out my friend's teenage son's girlfriend is pregnant, so I'm thinking of him).

Can't recall now where I read the stuff, it was when I was in college, but I remember watching some documentaries on sexual attraction on TV. There might be some on Netflix but I'm not sure if they're the same. They also tested things like highness or lowness of voice and so on. Some of the stuff is interesting, but I'm too lazy to look it up right now.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-02-2014, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2014 08:26 PM by Metazoa Zeke.)
(23-02-2014 07:52 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  What about personality? Maybe you're trying too hard to connect or not even trying at all,wich both result in getting none

I don't try, when i do i tend to bore people.

On a side note rainbow dash is awesome.Thumbsup

23-02-2014, 08:06 PM
(23-02-2014 07:53 PM)amyb Wrote:  I meant that you said you were a teenager, so you've likely got a lot of years of life ahead of you.

I think that i will be the same now as in the future except more mature and more muscular with a career.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
23-02-2014, 08:19 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2014 08:37 PM by sporehux.)
(23-02-2014 07:15 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  My parents say its because I over think more then the average teenager, but i learned that this is false because many of teens in my school are as smart as me, in fact many are smarter.

Over thinking things is not correlative with intelligence, not that I want to insinuate your dumb. I think your parents are most likely correct considering they have direct interaction with you. Make an effort to be the person you would like people to be to you and accumulating mates/friends will be a side effect of that.

The body language of over thinking social situations will most always result in a negative response of he/she is judging me.
Also ugliness while a very real first impression issue, its a null event once people talk to you/know you, only the ugliness of your personally matters then.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".