So does no mate mean your ugly?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2014, 08:30 PM
RE: So does no mate mean your ugly?
(23-02-2014 08:19 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 07:15 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  My parents say its because I over think more then the average teenager, but i learned that this is false because many of teens in my school are as smart as me, in fact many are smarter.

Over thinking things is not correlative to intelligence, not that I want to insinuate your dumb. I think your parents are most likely correct considering they have direct interaction with you. Make an effort to be the person you would like people to be to you and accumulating mates/friends will be a side effect of that.

The body language of over thinking social situations will most always result in a negative response of he/she is judging me.
Also ugliness while a very real first impression issue, its a null event once people talk to you/know you, only the ugliness of your personally matters then.

Never thought about it that way I'll try Dodgy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2014, 08:30 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2014 09:25 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-02-2014 07:15 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  So I have never had a mate, EVER! So then i thought maybe its because I'm ugly(I think so). I can't even get a girl to hug me in schoolLaugh out load. My parents say its because I over think more then the average teenager, but i learned that this is false because many of teens in my school are as smart as me, in fact many are smarter. Besides I'm not that smart anyway, I think I am as smart as the average teen anyway. So Maybe it is my looks that scare females away. I mean it could be that i have poor social skills, but teens my age in my school with poor social skills also have girl friends.
So i guess my genetics aren't meant to be passed on. I mean not every animal can do it, that's how natural selection works. So is it looks or is it something else I'm missing?[Image: Natural_Selection_It_Does_Work.jpg]

My ugly, your ugly, everyone's ugly.
As far as "you're" ugly ... I dunno.
Chacun à son goût

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
23-02-2014, 08:43 PM
(23-02-2014 08:05 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 07:52 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  What about personality? Maybe you're trying too hard to connect or not even trying at all,wich both result in getting none

I don't try, when i do i tend to bore people.

On a side note rainbow dash is awesome.Thumbsup
me in a nutshell
and thanks

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
23-02-2014, 08:45 PM
(23-02-2014 08:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Chacun à son goût

True i always tell people that, i just never thought people could apply that when talking to me.

23-02-2014, 09:03 PM
The most important thing is to be yourself and do things that you enjoy, because that's where you're likely to find people who will share your interests.

It's okay to gradually work on personal traits that you see as problems (for instance, joining a Toastmasters group to get better at talking to people).

However, don't let someone else pressure you into changing something because they don't like you the way you are. That's a quick trip into sure misery and self-doubt. Anyone who insists that they know you better than you know yourself, and who is intent on remaking you in their image of you, is neither a friend nor a potential mate.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
23-02-2014, 09:11 PM
(23-02-2014 09:03 PM)Astreja Wrote:  The most important thing is to be yourself and do things that you enjoy, because that's where you're likely to find people who will share your interests.

It's okay to gradually work on personal traits that you see as problems (for instance, joining a Toastmasters group to get better at talking to people).

However, don't let someone else pressure you into changing something because they don't like you the way you are. That's a quick trip into sure misery and self-doubt. Anyone who insists that they know you better than you know yourself, and who is intent on remaking you in their image of you, is neither a friend nor a potential mate.

Im always my self, but its really hard to meet people my age who like what i like. Im the only guy that really understand taxonomy and enjoys talking about it. But thank you for the kind words.

23-02-2014, 11:13 PM
I'm going with the theory that honey catches more flies than vinegar.

Try this, for the next two weeks compliment one girl every day at school. Just something simple, that shirt looks nice on you, nice shoes, I like your hair that way.

At the end of two weeks, let me know if they are at least a bit more talkative to you.

High school girls want to know if high school boys notice them. So take notice. Be nice, smile, breath mints, and fresh shower.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
23-02-2014, 11:41 PM
(23-02-2014 11:13 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I'm going with the theory that honey catches more flies than vinegar.

Try this, for the next two weeks compliment one girl every day at school. Just something simple, that shirt looks nice on you, nice shoes, I like your hair that way.

At the end of two weeks, let me know if they are at least a bit more talkative to you.

High school girls want to know if high school boys notice them. So take notice. Be nice, smile, breath mints, and fresh shower.

and then 2 mins later
me:sooooo,............... .......... ...................
*girl gets bored and finds an excuse to walk away*

i dunno what interests girls,hell,i don't even know what interests people my age in general Weeping

so do you have advice for me?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
24-02-2014, 12:34 AM
(23-02-2014 09:11 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 09:03 PM)Astreja Wrote:  The most important thing is to be yourself and do things that you enjoy, because that's where you're likely to find people who will share your interests.

Im always my self, but its really hard to meet people my age who like what i like. Im the only guy that really understand taxonomy and enjoys talking about it. But thank you for the kind words.

Taxonomy?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strigiphilus_garylarsoni

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
24-02-2014, 12:38 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2014 12:44 AM by Alex_Leonardo.)
(23-02-2014 11:13 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I'm going with the theory that honey catches more flies than vinegar.

Just don't do that too much.
I see them in the ceiling... (shivers)
They're... They're... EVERYWHERE!

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post