So, guess who has the flu?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2014, 04:05 PM
RE: So, guess who has the flu?
(09-10-2014 03:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So I got my flu shot a couple weeks ago and today was diagnosed with THE FUCKING FLU! Angry

Woke up this morning with a sore throat, fever, and headache. I figured I better get tested for strep throat. Nope - not that lucky. The flu.

I have been warned that the whole upper respiratory yuck is going to get bad and also that as of this past Monday - cough syrup with codeine has been reclassified and I can't get any.

Yesterday I had asked if I could take Friday off - first day off since I started the job in May. And I will get to spend it sick.

FUCK!

FML

I always get the f lu from flu shots. Not medically supposed to be possible but there it is

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Get well soon.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
09-10-2014, 04:18 PM
I can cyber hug you since I won't get sick that way. Hug lol

Feel better, I'm sorry you have the flu!! Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
09-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Ah sucks, Anj.
Hey, just lay in bed and tell people to fuck off, its ok ...

I usually do that most days but at least, your excuse is legit.

Get well, lady. Hug

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
09-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Apparently the side effects from the vaccine can be mistaken for the flu. At least according to the CDC.
09-10-2014, 04:36 PM
(09-10-2014 03:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  So I got my flu shot a couple weeks ago and today was diagnosed with THE FUCKING FLU! Angry

Woke up this morning with a sore throat, fever, and headache. I figured I better get tested for strep throat. Nope - not that lucky. The flu.

I have been warned that the whole upper respiratory yuck is going to get bad and also that as of this past Monday - cough syrup with codeine has been reclassified and I can't get any.

Yesterday I had asked if I could take Friday off - first day off since I started the job in May. And I will get to spend it sick.

FUCK!

FML

ugh so sorry, I never get sick and I got this goober a couple weeks ago, was sick for a week, actually took a weeks vacation time so i could sit home and be miserable, lost 6 lbs, pissed me off. Hope you recover quickly Unsure

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
09-10-2014, 04:37 PM
They swabbed my throat for strep and my nose for flu...it's official...not a side effect.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-10-2014, 04:39 PM
(09-10-2014 04:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  They swabbed my throat for strep and my nose for flu...it's official...not a side effect.

Damn! I was hoping to give you some hope! Sorry its the flu Sad
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
09-10-2014, 10:00 PM
(09-10-2014 03:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hope you feel better soon.

Best cough medicine I've ever taken was vicodin. Seriously, that shit was the best.

I can testify to that. Yes

Quote:They gave it to me when I was recovering from pneumonia several years ago.

It's not an easy thing to ask for tho...cause they instantly think dug addict.

I can testify to that, too. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Well from my experience a fever is bad but puking is worse. So that is one symptom that is good not to have. BUt sorry you feel like that. Take care! Rest and hydrate. Hug