So help me out here with Hawkins latest Black Hole comments.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-08-2015, 01:49 PM
So help me out here with Hawkins latest Black Hole comments.
So I think what's he's saying is that black holes are passages to other universes, the information is captured at the event horizon and there is no way for anything to come back. But what I don't get is how the information is reconstructed in the other universe? Or is it not?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2015, 02:08 PM
RE: So help me out here with Hawkins latest Black Hole comments.
And why aren't there black holes from other universes spewing chunks into ours?

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-08-2015, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2015 04:06 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(31-08-2015 02:08 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  And why aren't there black holes from other universes spewing chunks into ours?

What makes you so sure there aren't chuncks of hole debris ? Why even here on TTA, we have some.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 5 users Like Bucky Ball's post
31-08-2015, 02:22 PM
(31-08-2015 02:08 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  And why aren't there black holes from other universes spewing chunks into ours?

Maybe they are. Maybe that's what the big bang was.

Did he say anything about how often that happens?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
31-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Unless he's been saying more stuff, the point was that information is not destroyed but randomized at the event horizon.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
31-08-2015, 02:27 PM

Don't quasars emit copious amounts of energy?
31-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Maybe we've stumbled onto something here.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
31-08-2015, 04:14 PM
(31-08-2015 02:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  

Maybe they are. Maybe that's what the big bang was.

Did he say anything about how often that happens?

Careful, the xians may take this and run with it calling it the"creationism commode theory" Laugh out load

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
31-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Supposing the premises...

A transfer of information doesn't strictly require it to be the same (recoverable) information. So, it needn't imply persistence of any given specific collection of discrete observables; only that the interaction within increases entropy on one "side" and decreases it on the other.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
31-08-2015, 09:05 PM
(31-08-2015 08:08 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Supposing the premises...

A transfer of information doesn't strictly require it to be the same (recoverable) information. So, it needn't imply persistence of any given specific collection of discrete observables; only that the interaction within increases entropy on one "side" and decreases it on the other.

My dick is so hard right now. And I'm not even gay.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post