So... here's another idea people wont like.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2015, 11:57 PM
RE: So... here's another idea people wont like.
We had curfews for minors when I was a teen in Central California.

No, it didn't stop me from livin' large.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-05-2015, 06:46 AM
(08-05-2015 11:05 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Excellent idea. It's not like parents should be in charge of shit like that.

/sarcasm

This falls under the same category as labelling coffee "hot" because people are too stupid to realize the hot coffee they just bought is hot. Dodgy

Speaking of which...
Cop sues over being burned by free coffee

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
09-05-2015, 06:49 AM
I had strict, and I mean strict, curfews placed on me by my parents. There was a period of time when I would get grounded one day for every minute I was past curfew. Since I wasn't allowed to have a car and had to depend on others for rides home, I spent a lot of days grounded. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-05-2015, 07:37 AM
(08-05-2015 06:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Curfews where? Here, or the world in general?

Anywhere. Where you live. In general places, such as a government putting a curfew on under 16's country wide past 10pm.

Quote:You don't have those?

Nope. I wouldn't have thought many places would.

Quote:Excellent idea. It's not like parents should be in charge of shit like that.

/sarcasm

People should be in charge of themselves not to go off and murder someone and yet we have rules against that.

This isn't taking away from a parents right to parent their children nor is it dictating how they should parent their children.

Quote:We had curfews for minors when I was a teen in Central California.

No, it didn't stop me from livin' large.

Because you personally represent every single under 16 ever?
Because it didn't stop YOU personally it was obviously a complete fail?

Son, you're an idiot.

Deterring youth from going out at that time is only part of it. It would also allow police to stop youth out late at night before they cause trouble.

[Image: oscar.png]
09-05-2015, 07:46 AM
Is there such a substantial problem with youth causing trouble that a government mandated and enforced curfew would be worth it?

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
09-05-2015, 08:07 AM
As a teen, I was frequently advised to be home by midnight.

As a teen, I frequently ignored most parental advice.

I and my surroundings survived, relatively unscathed. My parents got over their propensity for control over me.

True story. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
09-05-2015, 08:23 AM
(09-05-2015 07:46 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Is there such a substantial problem with youth causing trouble that a government mandated and enforced curfew would be worth it?

Depends on the area but Gang members tend to be underage more often than not so having a curfew helps in curtailing gang activities. Around here the curfew is Midnight, unaccompanied by a guardian, and is used mainly as a way for police to break up large groups of youths before they cause trouble.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
09-05-2015, 08:25 AM
I never had a curfew of any type, but I didn't really frequently went out to ever make it a major issue, it's always a bit shakey of and weird of an concept to me still.

It's like with other kids, I had friends who had to "check-in" or call their parents every 3 hours or so to tell them where they were. I feel like these systems just bred more contempt for authority figures.

I don't see the difference of Police telling a large group of youths to do something because it's curfew and we'll charge you somehow opposed to just lingering around them or telling them the same without curfews.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-05-2015, 08:48 AM
(09-05-2015 08:07 AM)kim Wrote:  As a teen, I was frequently advised to be home by midnight.

As a teen, I frequently ignored most parental advice.

I and my surroundings survived, relatively unscathed. My parents got over their propensity for control over me.

True story. Drinking Beverage

Again, this has nothing to do with you personally. Your personal situation has nothing to do with society as a whole.

Cool, you were all rebel and shit and stayed out late at night. Yes, you really had your big girl pants on. But it's all totally irrelevant to the point at hand.

Quote:Depends on the area but Gang members tend to be underage more often than not so having a curfew helps in curtailing gang activities. Around here the curfew is Midnight, unaccompanied by a guardian, and is used mainly as a way for police to break up large groups of youths before they cause trouble.

Exactly.

Currently, here anyway, youth gang's can walk around. They see a cop and they just walk and behave but as soon as the cop turns the corner...
A curfew would allow the Police to take action and break up the group before crime is committed.

Besides, there is no reason why a child under 16 should be out after 10pm anyway.

[Image: oscar.png]
09-05-2015, 08:58 AM
Curfews - now there's a world I don't want to live in.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post